Wiki Posts
Search

hobbypartz motors review

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 05:59 PM
Tech Addict

Default hobbypartz motors review

just quick question

How are the motors for these cars i possibly looking to get one for my xxx sct are they just as good as castle or any other brand??

These are the ones i am looking at
http://www.hobbypartz.com/ezrun-sens...-rc-motor.html
or
http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-lbwr36...5t-2850kv.html
Old 02-03-2011, 06:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have a leopard 4060 1900kv motor, and it's awesome.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcjoe99
just quick question

How are the motors for these cars i possibly looking to get one for my xxx sct are they just as good as castle or any other brand??

or
if hobbypartz items are defective you must jump through hoops to get it exchanged, and you have to pay for return shipping...

castle customer service is top notch, still have to pay for return shipping but chances of problems are ALOT LESS than hobbypartz products..
Old 02-03-2011, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Can't speak for the EZrun series, but I ordered an XErun combo from them a few weeks back. Had it in about 5 days, everything was fine. They have a warehouse in Cali, but most of the customer support is in China. I had some questions, I just bypassed the forums, etc. and emailed Hobbywing direct. No problems, got answers to everything I asked, you just have to wait a little for an answer due to the time difference. Raced it for the first time last weekend and was really impressed with it. Other people I know that are using it have had good luck with theirs. Like anything else, some people have good luck, there will be others cursing it. Run a search for some of the "name" brands and you'll see people raising hell about them too. I would suspect that having to return something is probably going to be harder than dealing with a company based in the US, but I haven't had to do that so far.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

just quick question

or
Like others have mentioned, warranty replacement can be a real pain. The good news is that the EZrun products are very durable, and the chances of trouble are not any worse than any other brand out there, in my experience even less. Anyone who tells you different has most likely never used them. There are several threads floating around with literally hundreds of testimonials to the great performance and reliability of Hobbywing products.
I dont have any experience with the Leopard products.
Originally Posted by racerx711
if hobbypartz items are defective you must jump through hoops to get it exchanged, and you have to pay for return shipping...

castle customer service is top notch, still have to pay for return shipping but chances of problems are ALOT LESS than hobbypartz products..
Thats quite a generalization dont you think? Would you mind listing the products from Hobbypartz that you have used to base this statement?
Old 02-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I don't have a EZRun motor but Hobbypartz also carries TACON motors which have been performing great thus far. Been using a 3930kv motor in a 2wd Slash for 2 months now with no probs and I drive it HARD. Probably the best bang for your buck in the RC world for 25 bucks shipped. Performance is comparable to my CM36 4600kv but easier to drive/gear.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Tacon motors work great, I have one in my Rustler and it performs really well especially for the price. Just don't like the motor wires, wish I could cut them. I've also heard good things about the Leopard stuff, Castle says they're very bad quality, but they seem to perform just as well as the Castle stuff.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I have been using the Tacon 3650 series motors in my Slash and Blitz for the past year and they have been incredible motors considering the price. I'm running the 3930kV in the Slash and the 4420kV in the Blitz. I like to run what works though and these motors do well.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

I have the 120 amp XE Run speedo and 8.5 motor combo. Very smooth and runs real cool for a mod motor. Easy to use and operate. The motors are based off the old trinty pre-duo motors light weight and powerful.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:34 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

just quick question

or
ezrun system are budget system, xerun are race specs but both are good enough to race.

ezrun are sensorless, xerun are sensored but both systems are damn smooth & runs cool unless u overgear them.

i own both system from sct ezrun system to 1/8 150amp xerun combo. no issue at all. just be careful where u put the switch
Old 02-04-2011, 05:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have them in everything I own. I laugh at the people who pay Tekin prices.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by burnineyes
Thats quite a generalization dont you think? Would you mind listing the products from Hobbypartz that you have used to base this statement?
no prob DS..
ezrun 35 systems, hobbywing brushless motors, hobbywing field programers, thunder ac6 charger(s), gen ace batteries.... Mulitiple orders screwed up, backorder items stated as in stock, tons of time on phone/email trying to get something defective exchanged.....

any other stupid questions??
Old 02-04-2011, 05:54 AM
Tech Adept

SIDE NOTE: theres a handfull of things hobbypartz carries, like talcon, ezrun, exrun that i would purchase again... BUT based on horibble customer service and no communication problems I will NEVER buy from Hobbypartz again....

theres some other sellers on ebay selling the EZrun, ECT... i'll buy off ebay, at least paypal and the feedback system would be there if any problems...
good luck getting refund from hobbypartz
Old 02-04-2011, 06:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I've had nothing but good experiences with them. I run their lipos, used some ezrun stuff in the past, etc... I did fry a 35a esc once in my total "im a noob and this looks just like the other thing so why don't I get it and save $5 phase", but it was promptly accepted without question and a full refund given. The motors, to me, are as good as any other chinese made motor, which is all of them.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)
Thumbs up HobbyPartz #1

I have bought 3 Tacon 3650 3930kv motors, a Tacon 2040 motor and they have all been comparable to name brand motors in temps, torque and over performance. Cant go wrong there! Now... Hobbywing's EZ and XE run stuff is excellent. Ive owned countless EZ and XE run ESC's. Everything from 1/18 to 1/8 stuff and there the most reliable ESCs Ive ever owned. My first brushless set up I ever owned was a EZ 60A which Ive sold to my neighbor and its been beat and abused and put through the ringer and still..Its running like new. The real catcher is I bought that ESC used on Ebay. Ive ran motors rated higher than the ESC and never a problem. I now have the XErun 80A paired with a HPI Tork 2200 in my Maxx and its smoother than my MMM2200 on my ERBE. And just as fast.
As for Hobbypartz CS... Ive recieved the wrong item once and a fulty item once and maybe I got lucky here, but they were quick to take care of me.
I will continue to buy from Hobbypartz and trust the stuff there selling me is decent. I payed $35 for a charger and power supply that Ive been using for moths w/o any issues aswell.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.