Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sakura Zero - New Touring Car!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Andy p
lso am i right in thinking the wishbones are the same as another brand ? (tamiya/xray)
Tamiya 46mm one will fit fine.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

what area ?

@ rcmarket ,it will be on cold ish tarmac do you have the spring set in yet?

Thankyou dameetz
Old 05-30-2010, 09:17 AM
Tech Rookie

I had a go with my zero for the first time last night , it was good but think it can be better it seemed to have alot of body roll im using tamiya white xhard front springs and tamiya blue hard on the rear and a front anti rol bar , grip was good but i struggled to put the power down out of the corners , it is only a small carpet track so it had alot of tight twisty corners . I hope to try it on tarmac next weekend so any setup info will be good , i havent run tc for a few years so i am abit out of touch with set ups

Tourer, if you read this what tyres are you using outdoor ?

few pics to
hi ya mate im using corally STCC Control Tyre Mounted Tyre thats all i use outside :0)
Old 05-30-2010, 11:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

what area ?

@ rcmarket ,it will be on cold ish tarmac do you have the spring set in yet?

Thankyou dameetz
Tamiya which spring ? white spring set ?
Old 05-30-2010, 12:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
Tamiya which spring ? white spring set ?
I mean the 3 racing spring set for the sakura !
Old 05-30-2010, 12:48 PM
Tech Champion

they ready release ,
so please wait moment !
Old 05-30-2010, 01:06 PM
Tech Champion

New plus 4mm F & R shock tower released !
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
3R-SAK-354WO.bmp (172.3 KB, 195 views)
File Type: bmp
3R-SAK-364WO.bmp (172.3 KB, 96 views)
Old 05-30-2010, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
New plus 4mm F & R shock tower released !
you have this already?
Old 05-30-2010, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Words has been going around on the gear diff for the Sakura. Anyone can confirm this?
Old 05-30-2010, 08:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by old-man
Words has been going around on the gear diff for the Sakura. Anyone can confirm this?
It is already listed on their website. Coming soon. Two sizes ... 37 and 38t . Obviously can also be used on a Tamiya 416 (37t pulley)
Old 05-30-2010, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

its confirmed, lots of pics at the facebook site.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Gear Diff

Originally Posted by cannon
It is already listed on their website. Coming soon. Two sizes ... 37 and 38t . Obviously can also be used on a Tamiya 416 (37t pulley)
Please excuse my ignorance, but when you refer to this gear diff, are you talking about the one-way that is shown on the 3Racing site, or is this a different item (I don't have access to Facebook at work to check it out further)?

I ran the Sakura Zero for the first time yesterday on carpet with good grip and a fairly tight/technical track and struggled in the corners (going from understeer to snap oversteer) on the corners. I admit that I haven't raced RC for many years, so most of my problems are (lack of) user ability, but nevertheless, I'd like to try a front diff instead of a spool.

Browsing the sites, looking to purchase the parts required to convert the spool, I noticed that 3Racing also do a ball diff kit for the Tamiya 416 (3R-416-10 Aluminium Ball Differential for 416), which looks very similar to the Sakura Zero parts (at least in the low quality photos). Does anyone know if the Tamiya diff kit would fit the Sakura Zero? There is fair difference in price between the Tamiya kit and buying the equivalent parts needed for the Sakura Zero (yes, I'm cheap).
Old 05-31-2010, 12:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oggie
Please excuse my ignorance, but when you refer to this gear diff, are you talking about the one-way that is shown on the 3Racing site, or is this a different item (I don't have access to Facebook at work to check it out further)?

I ran the Sakura Zero for the first time yesterday on carpet with good grip and a fairly tight/technical track and struggled in the corners (going from understeer to snap oversteer) on the corners. I admit that I haven't raced RC for many years, so most of my problems are (lack of) user ability, but nevertheless, I'd like to try a front diff instead of a spool.

Browsing the sites, looking to purchase the parts required to convert the spool, I noticed that 3Racing also do a ball diff kit for the Tamiya 416 (3R-416-10 Aluminium Ball Differential for 416), which looks very similar to the Sakura Zero parts (at least in the low quality photos). Does anyone know if the Tamiya diff kit would fit the Sakura Zero? There is fair difference in price between the Tamiya kit and buying the equivalent parts needed for the Sakura Zero (yes, I'm cheap).
3 racing are making a one way for the front and a gear diff for the rear
Old 05-31-2010, 12:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oggie

The gear diff mentioned are not the one-way on the 3R site. The one-ways are for the front and the gear diff are for the rear.

I had similar problem like you do, the car snaps half way through the turn. It turned out that the optional 66g motor weight was the cause of it. Took that out and the car was on rails. The 66g weight is now a carbon print paper weight on my desk.

The 416 diff's is about 1mm wider then the Sakura. Besides why would you want to go that way when the 3R Sakura diff is readily available.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:05 AM
Tech Initiate

The gear diff mentioned are not the one-way on the 3R site.
Cheers, that answers that question!

The 416 diff's is about 1mm wider then the Sakura. Besides why would you want to go that way when the 3R Sakura diff is readily available.
OK, then I will have to buy the Sakura Zero parts. As mentioned above, the reason for considering the 416 diff is that I'm cheap - there is about $10 difference between 3Racing's 416 components compared to the Sakura Zero equivalents.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.