Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 03:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Heh

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
Am I shooting at Phil you may ask yourself, of course I am. Why you ask, because it's fun and he shoots back too. His efforts to find a cheap way to get into an expensive arena and race with the big buck boys will not change 4wd much at all. His bring out his Super "J"s and now building on his ideas for a pan car are the sort of things that have shaped the pan class into the fun it is!
You may fire when ready...lol.

On another note...just received the P4 I bought off Neil. My understanding was it was owned by a guy who just passed away not too long ago. I opened the box, and to my shock and surprise, one of the boxes of parts was addressed to Tony Gagliardo. My last memory of Tony was the '83 Winternats, which I have on video tape, and during part of it, the guy doing the taping interviewed Tony....he did a mock commercial of Tony and the paints he was selling (believe he had a hobby shop) trackside, really good stuff. I remember he was a guy who was free with his beer and time, loved to race, and was generally just a hell of a nice guy. My deepest sympathies and condolences to his family, he was one of the guys that made our hobby a fun experience.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Sure phil i am sure we can do something
Old 02-28-2013, 07:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hitcharide1

On another note...just received the P4 I bought off Neil. My understanding was it was owned by a guy who just passed away not too long ago. I opened the box, and to my shock and surprise, one of the boxes of parts was addressed to Tony Gagliardo. My last memory of Tony was the '83 Winternats, which I have on video tape, and during part of it, the guy doing the taping interviewed Tony....he did a mock commercial of Tony and the paints he was selling (believe he had a hobby shop) trackside, really good stuff. I remember he was a guy who was free with his beer and time, loved to race, and was generally just a hell of a nice guy. My deepest sympathies and condolences to his family, he was one of the guys that made our hobby a fun experience.
Darn - sorry to hear about another racer passing , Tony was different , FYI he did resurface racing circa 2003 - 2004 ran into him in Cinci.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Tony was racing electric in Chicago for the past several years until he fell ill last fall.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:51 PM
Tech Regular

Default RIP

Originally Posted by Rick Davis
Darn - sorry to hear about another racer passing , Tony was different , FYI he did resurface racing circa 2003 - 2004 ran into him in Cinci.
I was at a race in Chicago in 1988. it was there that Tony helped show me one of the strangest sights I've ever seen in RC cars. Tony was unhappy with his Pitman (I herd it was his future Son-in-law and that Tony slapped him). This guy then threw Tony's tools all over the pits, then left. 100% true? maybe not, but something close to that did happen. Still Tony was fun to race with and I wish his family the best!
Old 03-04-2013, 05:18 AM
Tech Addict

Default Hm

Looks like I killed the thread with my bad news about Tony G. We're a small group of people and everybody knows everbody on some level. New faces and old, new memories and old, we keep showing up year after year (except those of us who take 27 year layoffs) and do what we enjoy.

Many years ago (twas a Midwest race, can't remember which) some guy was really perturbed at the way his car was working. The man lost it, came yelling through the pits, and stuffed it into a trash barrel.

(Other drivers looked furtively at that barrel...is he done...is he out...is he gonna go back and get it...and if not, there's a lot of good parts on that thing, so we'll just stand close by in case someone makes a move towards it...)

(Spectators looked on furtively as well...hadn't a clue what was going on, were pretty sure this wasn't normal, but some guy is throwing away a car and the damn things must be worth something, so they too stood close by...in case someone made a move towards the barrel...)

Long story short (too late) whoever the driver was eventually cooled out, had a brew, retrieved said car (much to the dismay of a few people) and went on to have a decent day. The whole point being, must be a heck of a hobby for people to invest that kind of money and time into it, get that frustrated about it, and still try again. Some are still good at it after 30 years (Rick), some guys still manage the triple spin, accompanied by a nice slam into the wall and clearing the boards (me) and others just keep turning laps best they can.

Wish it were spring already....
Old 03-04-2013, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

Many years ago (twas a Midwest race, can't remember which) some guy was really perturbed at the way his car was working. The man lost it, came yelling through the pits, and stuffed it into a trash barrel.

(Other drivers looked furtively at that barrel...is he done...is he out...is he gonna go back and get it...and if not, there's a lot of good parts on that thing, so we'll just stand close by in case someone makes a move towards it...)

Wish it were spring already....
...If you get that angry at a toy car....how bad do you flip out when something truly bad happens??......that guy needs a new hobby....like prozac.../mary jane..............Spring is coming soon....heard 54 degrees this Saturday.............MUST get pan done..........where the rest of the pics SuperSecretPhil??.......
Old 03-04-2013, 01:08 PM
Tech Addict

Default Hm

Originally Posted by Taylorm
...If you get that angry at a toy car....how bad do you flip out when something truly bad happens??......that guy needs a new hobby....like prozac.../mary jane..............Spring is coming soon....heard 54 degrees this Saturday.............MUST get pan done..........where the rest of the pics SuperSecretPhil??.......
Batteries are dead in the camera...don't have the servo tray done yet, or linkages....tux didn't come back from the cleaners, an old friend came in from out of town, I ran out of gas, I had a flat tire, plague....earthquake....locusts....

And does anyone have a link to the Toledo website so I can see what the club schedule is???
Old 03-04-2013, 01:37 PM
Tech Adept

Batteries are dead in the camera...don't have the servo tray done yet, or linkages....tux didn't come back from the cleaners, an old friend came in from out of town, I ran out of gas, I had a flat tire, plague....earthquake....locusts....

And does anyone have a link to the Toledo website so I can see what the club schedule is???
Ah, I think you forgot one-- The dog ate my homework.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...ps9b40d226.jpg
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...ps1e8e786a.jpg
...Gettin close...steering servo mounted...receiver battery mounted....have to figure out a roll bar.......hopefully running SOON
Old 03-06-2013, 11:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default LOL

Toledo Website

Club Schedule ditto
Old 03-06-2013, 02:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Horst Kroll Can-Am

Hello guys,

excuse me for OT, but I think you can help me :-)

For upcoming season of our veteran (vintage) tour in Czech Republic, I prepare a Horst Krollīs Lola T330. So I need identify this two stickers at this photo (blue arrows).

Thank a lot guys. I love this thread...
Attached Thumbnails European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-wm_mosport-1979-06-03-037.jpg  
Old 03-06-2013, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dvondrakcz
Hello guys,

For upcoming season of our veteran (vintage) tour in Czech Republic, I prepare a Horst Krollīs Lola T330. So I need identify this two stickers at this photo (blue arrows).

...Is the round one SCCA logo???...cant rally tell in your phot...no clue on the other..
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psd345a1e7.jpg
Old 03-06-2013, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Kroll's Stickers

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-_mid-ohio-1979-06-10.jpg
Originally Posted by dvondrakcz
Hello guys,

I think I got it! Matt nailed the SCCA logo and I had to see if I could figure out the other one, since I was at the race at Mid-Ohio in 1979, which I believe is the year Horst ran that p[aint job! He ran that same car for YEARS!

Hows this pic look? Click image for larger version

Name:	_Mid-Ohio-1979-06-10.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	1040587

First National City Travelers Checks was a big sponsor back in the day, Penske, Tyrrell, even stock cars. In the Can-Am they sponsored cars as well as races and maybe even the whole series.

I think we all would really like to know more about your car, the class, pictures, everything!!! Sure would like to see a grid of REAL sports cars on the track here in the USA.

Best of luck and stay in touch!

Hope that is the correct sticker!!

Ned Schmaltz
Old 03-07-2013, 05:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Taylorm
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...ps9b40d226.jpg
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...ps1e8e786a.jpg
...Gettin close...steering servo mounted...receiver battery mounted....have to figure out a roll bar.......hopefully running SOON
......Your car looks great!!!! Can't wait until you test drive it and give us a review.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.