Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 12:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trickd122
Hmmm so now that I'm at 2,16 with the TC is there anyway to get it lower. Example will another manufactures pulley/belt work if so which ones?
I think there was a post a long time ago about someone using a tamiya diff pulley that was a little smaller, and the belts for the 16t center pulley setup from the Moorespeed cyclone... I'm not 100% sure. I think it got it down to arond a 2.0 internal ratio though.

-Korey
Old 03-09-2009, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
I think there was a post a long time ago about someone using a tamiya diff pulley that was a little smaller, and the belts for the 16t center pulley setup from the Moorespeed cyclone... I'm not 100% sure. I think it got it down to arond a 2.0 internal ratio though.

-Korey
RC Zombies did it

I think it was a 501X pulley F/R, dont remember what center pulley he used though
Old 03-09-2009, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RC-DriftNewb
Has anyone seen the interview with Hara at TITC where he mentions the release of a new TC? Something about lipo and stuff... Or is it just too early to tell?

interview starts around 11:20

http://vimeo.com/3325007?pg=embed&sec=
He basically talks about how lipos will affect our car's designs and that is where a lot of future changes will happen. I talked to him about this and with lipos the cars need to be redesigned since weight distribution is set up on our current tc for nimh. So nothing specific about new Cyclone TC, just general comment about future designs.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:07 PM
Tech Addict

Hi all ,

I have a small probleme with my WCE cyclone , its about the layshaft moving abit , when i have my both pulleys on the shaft at the max to outside ( nothing moves ) but after a race the layshaft has abit of play so the spur wouldnt stay in front of the pinion , it will move , so i extend the pulleys again so ther isnt any play but after a race again the layshaft moves as much as last time .

Whats wrong ?

Thanks guys i really appreciate your help .
Old 03-09-2009, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by edseb
He basically talks about how lipos will affect our car's designs and that is where a lot of future changes will happen. I talked to him about this and with lipos the cars need to be redesigned since weight distribution is set up on our current tc for nimh. So nothing specific about new Cyclone TC, just general comment about future designs.
maybe talking about the new rear bulkhead to fit lipos better
Old 03-09-2009, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cyclone speed
Hi all ,

I have a small probleme with my WCE cyclone , its about the layshaft moving abit , when i have my both pulleys on the shaft at the max to outside ( nothing moves ) but after a race the layshaft has abit of play so the spur wouldnt stay in front of the pinion , it will move , so i extend the pulleys again so ther isnt any play but after a race again the layshaft moves as much as last time .

Whats wrong ?

Thanks guys i really appreciate your help .
Make sure you are tightening the pulley set screws onto the flat portion of the layshaft and not the round part. Use a small amount of locite to keep the set screws from backing out. When you tighten both pulleys onto the layshaft be sure to leave a very small amount of play so everything rotates freely.

It's been said before on here to use quality tools. The small allen keys that come with the kit aren't quality tools. A good handled hex driver will allow you to tighten things down properly without fear of stripping anything out.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke

-Korey
Thanks -Korey and BlackedoutEVO I found it!

Now will a 34T fit the new diff as well as possibly what belts would fit
Old 03-09-2009, 03:56 PM
Tech Regular

ive just seen a setup that someone is using tamyia rear hubs on the cyclone wats the difference over the wce cyclone if there is any?

link below

http://www.gearchart.com/setup/setup...20SET%20UP.pdf

thanks
Old 03-09-2009, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxrcp
Rc market..

RCMARKET do you have estimated date for receive cyclone tc kits?? ( i am just waiting to your restock)

TC SPEC owners or rc market:

i Am planning to change the frot driveshafts, lannyn to change the aluminium originals for steel ones

does 3 racing 3r-cy-14 driveshaft fits on tcspec?

and HB61398 44mmHD universal driveshaft ver.2 fits on the originals universal axles?

Thanks
for a good repalcement of the front driveshafts to steel ones... replace them with the Cyclone S version.. i installed steel in the front for sometime now and rarely have problems.. yes aluminum is lighter.. but for longevity, i now run the steel. Hardly an wear, especially at the joint. Been running mine for 2 months now, and only see a small bend in it..... As for aluminum, they bend too fast on our track, and the wear is too fast at the joint.
Original driveshafts $8 each.
Cyclone S steel shafts $10 for 2.

Have Fun!!!
Old 03-09-2009, 05:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCFREAK
for a good repalcement of the front driveshafts to steel ones... replace them with the Cyclone S version.. i installed steel in the front for sometime now and rarely have problems.. yes aluminum is lighter.. but for longevity, i now run the steel. Hardly an wear, especially at the joint. Been running mine for 2 months now, and only see a small bend in it..... As for aluminum, they bend too fast on our track, and the wear is too fast at the joint.
Original driveshafts $8 each.
Cyclone S steel shafts $10 for 2.

Have Fun!!!
is that carpet or pavment that kills the aluminum CVDs? Or both?
Old 03-09-2009, 06:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thanks RCFREAK... I gonna search cyclone s driveshaft...

I think both, carpet and asphalt broke dogbones. but carpet more than asphalt..
specially when u use much brakes...

best ragards guys
Old 03-09-2009, 08:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

anyone have a setup of hara in TITC 09?
Old 03-09-2009, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by balistic
is that carpet or pavment that kills the aluminum CVDs? Or both?

its just the track material we use... and also i guess running a spool. tapping boards here and there take a toll on the driveshafts.... actually eventually makes a chattering type noise exiting tight corners.... sounds like a tire peeling off the rim, but more metal type sounds..

Have Fun!!!
Old 03-09-2009, 09:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mwoods
ive just seen a setup that someone is using tamyia rear hubs on the cyclone wats the difference over the wce cyclone if there is any?

link below

http://www.gearchart.com/setup/setup...20SET%20UP.pdf

thanks
It gives "TRUE" rear toe settings and it gives you an inbetween camber location compared to the stock rear hub.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
It gives "TRUE" rear toe settings and it gives you an inbetween camber location compared to the stock rear hub.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.