Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Tamiya TB-Evolution IV

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 01:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Yeh, I'd love to hear your verdict of the ACER bearings. I've been thinking of getting a set for my F201 and my Evo IV (not that a set is available for it as yet as far as I know).
Old 08-24-2004, 01:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by alan1467

Do the Pro4 ones fit without any mods? and what size bearings and shafts do they use (old EVOIII shafts etc)

Alan
The pro4 ones will work with very little mods.. you`ll nee the TC3 Blue dog bones and the HPI Pro4 Axle for the MIP style bone..also you`ll need 8 ..... 1050 bearings... the only mod you will have to do is ream the hole out from 2.5mm to 2.6mm on the rear hub and for the front you`ll need to add a .5mm shim
other than that it`s straight forward
-Dave
Old 08-24-2004, 02:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by V12
Hi Mark
Yes saw it already. Someone posted a link to your review. Itīs great. When will be the next part out? After your marathon I think.
You really bought the Acer ceramic now for the 415? What do you think and how went it with ordering/shipping?
Yep, my Marathon takes priority at the moment Then I'll need to get a couple of shells painted up (my least favourite part!!!) and then pick a quiet time at the track to test both cars.
I think the test results are still a few weeks away.

Yep, the Acer bearings are nice! I'll be putting up another very short review on the bearings by tomorrow on 3hobby.com
Ordering and shipping went really well - it took a little longer to get the bearings than I at first thought, but I was still satisfied.

As I haven't run with the bearings yet - it is dificult to give a conclusive answer about how good they are, but as I said above they do run very smoothly.
The only down point on them was that they were supplied with a very heavy grease in the bearings. I had to clean this out and re-oil them....but it is best to do this anyway.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 08-24-2004, 02:40 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by markp27
...The only down point on them was that they were supplied with a very heavy grease in the bearings. I had to clean this out and re-oil them....but it is best to do this anyway.

Cheers, Mark.
Donīt know what sense it makes selling a ceramic bearing with a heavy grease inside. I thought these donīt have any or a very light oil inside. This is very bad and means no buy for me.
I donīt like messing around with removing the grease from every bearing I buy. So only bearings without any grease inside will find the way to my shopping list. But which one are that way?
Old 08-24-2004, 02:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by V12
Donīt know what sense it makes selling a ceramic bearing with a heavy grease inside. I thought these donīt have any or a very light oil inside. This is very bad and means no buy for me.
I donīt like messing around with removing the grease from every bearing I buy. So only bearings without any grease inside will find the way to my shopping list. But which one are that way?
I agree - I found it a little disapointing, too. I suppose who ever the manufacturer is only supplies them for heavy applications. I'm not sure if these bearings could be run without oil, I think the bearing size is made to take account of a lubrication oil, so without any oil they move around a little too much.
Old 08-24-2004, 03:55 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by V12
So only bearings without any grease inside will find the way to my shopping list. But which one are that way?
Squat Golds or Squat Racing Dry ones are the best that I have used
-Dave
Old 08-24-2004, 04:24 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
-Dave
how about the ones from Yokomo? do they need prepped with grease or oil?
Old 08-24-2004, 04:37 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
-Dave
Dave
I know you said already the Squat Golds are the best but what is the difference between them and the Squat Racing Dry?

Itīs very hard getting any informations about the Squat bearings if you canīt reading Japanese language. Also I canīt access their website most times.
Old 08-24-2004, 06:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by V12
V12,

Actually, most bearings will come with heavy lubrication inside, because bearings are used in a lot of other industries, and for them, heavy grease inside will prolong the life of the bearing Companies like Squat and I believe Xray have taken the time to take out the heavy grease which makes them ready to use out of the package. For bearings with heavy grease, all you have to do is use motorspray and the Integy Sparkle cleaner (Part # E2006) to shake out the grease (takes about 30 minutes in the cleaner) and you'll be good to go The Sparkle cleaner is also good for maintaining the bearings later on as well.

Steve Wang
Old 08-24-2004, 11:07 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Rod, FSEARA race is over and we still donīt have any pic of Jun or Surikarnīs EVOs so...what about unveal the secrets?
Old 08-24-2004, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I dunno what I ordered from Squat. It didn't say haha. Just said TB Evo IV 950 bearings. So we'll see in a day or 2 when they get here.

As for Acer, I run them in my Yokomo SD and my 415. I really like them alot. Wouldn't mind getting some for my Evo IV later on. But I also wouldn't mind trying out some Squat Gold bearings.
Old 08-24-2004, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

If you guys are looking for ceramic bearings, try rc4less.com. They have really high grade metal shielded ceramic bearings for reasonable cost.
Old 08-24-2004, 02:42 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by KilRuf
I dunno what I ordered from Squat. It didn't say haha. Just said TB Evo IV 950 bearings. So we'll see in a day or 2 when they get here.
You probibally have the Racing Dry ones

and foor the Gold Squat ones.... they make every size...but the 950 ..... so I justt switched to the Pro4 Hubs and now I use the 1050 bearing ..
-Dave
Old 08-24-2004, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yeah, I have a set of cheapo 1050 bearings on the way along with the Pro4 hubs, axles, IRS bones, etc. Gonna try it out on the IV. I'll toss the Squat stuff on the 415. That stuff should be here Thursday. Maybe I'll take pics of it this weekend during assembly and all together.
Old 08-24-2004, 05:18 PM
Tech Master

ok i am not sure if this is true but i heard through a source that surikarn has signed with corally to run 1/12 scales and apperantlly they are in the works in signing him to run there touring cars as well, now i heard this through a source he told me its almost %100 but i dont beileve him just passing on the info does anyone know or hear anything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.