Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Nebraska/Iowa Racing
2013 Electric Summer Slam June 8th LRT Raceway Evansdale, IA >

2013 Electric Summer Slam June 8th LRT Raceway Evansdale, IA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 Electric Summer Slam June 8th LRT Raceway Evansdale, IA

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 01:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default 2013 Electric Summer Slam June 8th LRT Raceway Evansdale, IA

http://events.rcsignup.com/events/di...nt.cfm?ID=3219

I've put the info up for the 2013 Electric Summer Slam

All the important info is there and I can answer any other questions you may have.

Pitting, We clear out the east end of our building so you can pit inside on concrete and be close to electricity. You can pit outside but need a long cord to get power out there. All racers MUST bring their own tables, chairs and Electrical Cords(building has outlets every 25ft inside the building). We have plenty of room for trailers, campers etc and even a good area if you want to put a tent up.

Couple of details that will be important. Letting us know on rcsignup(preferablely) or FB or Here is extremely important to see what we're going to have for classes. I don't want to order awards for a class then have no one show up to run it but I also want to have all the classes available. At a certain point, I will have to make a last call on whether a class with little or no interest will have awards or not.

We will be building the track to be condusive to good 1/10 racing but also be fun for 1/8 Electric and 4wd SC etc and other classes that can air it out. We will be making the track size 140 x 75 for this race which is basically the size that the 1/10 worlds track will be this year.

Practice: We work until 3:30pm in the shop, Racers will be able to come at setup your pits after 3:30 and we will have practice until 8pm. Practice will be from 4-8pm Friday. Saturday Morning Practice will be "semi-controlled," mainly to separate 1/10 4wd SCT and 1/8 from the rest of the classes. We will adjust everything accordingly to the needs of the turnout. But we don't want to have messy practice with cars getting run over and/or not being able to put in quality laps. Also, something that I'm a big stickler on is practice marshalling. If you feel the need to practice, you WILL feel the need to marshall.

The race program will be as normal as you can get, other than we will do 2 bump ups from each lower main. We will have lights for the mains if the need arises.

I know the first question will be what tires to run? Well, this is our first legit 1/10 race so I don't really know. The track is 100% yellow clay. Bubba Boggs and Mack have run some 2wd Mod SCT here and I'm sure they will chime in with what they've ran in the past. I'm sure it will be a lot like 1/8 is and huge variety will work well. The biggest thing will be we won't exactly know how the track will react with no 1/8 nitro cars pounding the dirt and laying rubber down. That is one reason for including 1/8 E-Buggy is to help run the track in besides it being popular in our area. I will also get some stuff to test prior to the race and get a better idea.

1 other thing to do, during this weekend the Evansdale Good Ol' Days festival will be going on at Deerwood Park. Don't know the exact schedule of events but things like live bands, carney food, kids rides etc will be going on all weekend.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:39 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Unless something goofy happens, Will and I will be there.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:21 AM
Tech Addict

Track is built, I'll post some pics and/or video once we get the tile back down.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:21 PM
Tech Addict

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?v=668417026517589

Electric Summer Slam Layout