Brushless Systems

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brushless Systems

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 10:13 AM
Tech Adept

GM Genius 95 ESC built in a aluminium case, no fans needed + GM Evo 2 or the new Evo 3 motor is my choise for a brushless system.

GM brushess system info:
http://www.racingfactory.fi/shop2/ca...atalog.php?c=5
Old 01-04-2007, 06:39 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks guys!
Old 01-05-2007, 02:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey guys anyone know of the new GTB that a few people have been talking about?
Old 01-05-2007, 06:56 AM
Tech Regular

New motor line from Hacker
Attached Thumbnails Brushless Systems-e40.jpg  
Old 01-05-2007, 06:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jamie814340
Hey guys anyone know of the new GTB that a few people have been talking about?
www.teamnovak.com
Old 01-05-2007, 08:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default Brushless

I have been running brushless for quit awhile now in a mod class. I think the novak gtb system is good but for 6 cell or 2 cell lipo it's hard to beat the mamba max system. It will handle more amps without shutting down.I have several systems a schulze u-force 75 with a hacker motor is very good but costs alot. The gtb is very fast but will shut down if it's overgeared. There are some really great choices out there and when mated to a lipo battery you have a very low maintanance system that have more power than you will need.
Old 01-06-2007, 04:21 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Andsetinn: Aviox, I heard that was the first brushless motor 10 or 11 years ago. Probably 8 years ago hacker was there? Its a wonder, I hear poeple say
how brushless is taken over, but I wonder how many realize how long it's been around. Brushless has come a long way, it appears new trends usally take 10 year incriment,s.
And I like your sig.
Thats a great way to prevent affending someone. Cool.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi all. Just wanted to chime in on my 1st experience with the mamba max 7700kv system. I have the sphere and gtb also, and I gotta say i'm impressed with the mamba. I've only run 4-5 packs through it, but its very smooth. I was very worried that it would cog and not be smooth simply because i have driven other sensorless systems, and was not impressed at all. this one is very nice. initial impressions are that it might be even smoother then the sensored systems. anyway, its very close. also, it never thermaled on the carpet during those shakedown runs. i am no longer a sceptic on the merrits of sensorless. plus, the usb link is very cool and the speedo is a no brainer to program this way.

now the question is: can i stuff a sintered novak rotor in it?? that would be cool.

later.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kyle478
New motor line from Hacker
looks alot like the trinity motor
Old 01-09-2007, 12:19 AM
Tech Regular

so out of the GTB, Sphere, Mamba and Tekin, i get the impression that the Mamba seems to be alot of peoples choice?

could someone please explain to me what this sensored and sensorless things are? i have been looking at the LRP Sphere and was hoping to buy one until when i read about the new trinity brushless motor, which is sensorless? what does this mean?
http://www.teamtrinity.com/shop/moto...ess-n4060.html
it seems as if i get the mamba and the trinity N60, i would have a fairly good setup? someone correct me if im wrong

or would it be better to go with same brand MOTOR/ESC. and which of these same brand motor/esc options would be the best to get?

and can someone recommend some different brushless esc/motor combinatoins which are good?

thx
Old 01-09-2007, 02:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

read up here.
http://www.memagazine.org/backissues...t/sensout.html

The article has no relation to RC, but is has a good explanation of the differences of sensored and sensorless. I think it's also from 1998, but you get the idea.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I also wanted to jump in and give the mamba its props. I actually did own 1-GTB, and 2-sphere's. They were very good to me, but the mamba has it all! Is about the size of the GTB, Smoothness of the sphere, wires can be replaced, will run a brushed motor! no need for a stinkin fan, no extra sensor wire to try to figure out where to route, and best of all PC software included for infinate set-up options. When new software is finally available, you can download it for free. I understand right now castle is working on software that will allow any BL motors to be used with the esc. Think of it, any motor you want...... novak, LRP, tekin, trinity.........endless options. At around $135 for just the esc alone, why arent more people trying these? Is it all the hype from the other companies?
Old 01-10-2007, 03:32 PM
Tech Addict

Un4racing, Aviox has been around for ever. I think it must be more 100 years since they came out with 540 size brushless motor for rc cars. :-)

Myk505, sensored motors have sensors (doh) that tell the speed control the position of the armature. The speed control uses that information to adjust the timing of the motor to maximize power. Sensorless motors or rather sensorless speed controls have to guess the position of the armature. They sometimes guess wrong and that can make the motor work against it self. In effect it can have retarded timing, especially under high load, and we all know that's not good. Sensorless speed controllers today have very sophisticated software so this timing error is rare but can still happen.

Sensored motors work with sensorless motor speed controls (you just leave the sensors unplugged) but not the other way around.
I still own first generation Novak brushless system. I plan on putting it in a 1/10th monster truck I'm building from old Schumacher Cat.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

after reading alot about sensored/sensorless combo's, what's the current ruling about using them in sanctioned meets? are sensorless motors still illegal? what if i used a mamba with a sensored motor when their software is finally developed? will this combo be legal?
Old 01-11-2007, 05:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

As I understand roar rules, bl sensorless are legal -provided they are wound in a certain way. but right now, almost every sensorless is wound different then the rules spec. if you run a novak or lrp motor then it should be legal regardless of which esc you use.