Shepherd Velox V10

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shepherd Velox V10

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 08:06 AM
Tech Adept

Is this V10 comparable to the likes of NT1?
Old 09-15-2009, 03:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default As good as ???

Originally Posted by noelcleofe17
This will be the ? when it arrives. As I suggested in an earlier post it has had awsome cars that have become before it so you would think it would be at least as good. It may be better in some aspects like ease of set up and maintenence but all this will pan out when we get the cars in our hands. On the race track it is my opinion that you could throw a tissue over all the car brands in the hands of the really good drivers as you can see by the qual results from the big races held all over the world. The real test for the car will be when all of us normal drivers get the car and set up and race it. If it turns out to be any where near my current car (RRR) it will be a great car. I have had an xray and Mugen but the RRR seemed to suit me, How ever the other 2 cars had nothing wrong that I could complain about.
R,
Noel
Old 09-15-2009, 04:07 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by batto
This will be the ? when it arrives. As I suggested in an earlier post it has had awsome cars that have become before it so you would think it would be at least as good. It may be better in some aspects like ease of set up and maintenence but all this will pan out when we get the cars in our hands. On the race track it is my opinion that you could throw a tissue over all the car brands in the hands of the really good drivers as you can see by the qual results from the big races held all over the world. The real test for the car will be when all of us normal drivers get the car and set up and race it. If it turns out to be any where near my current car (RRR) it will be a great car. I have had an xray and Mugen but the RRR seemed to suit me, How ever the other 2 cars had nothing wrong that I could complain about.
R,
Noel

I just want to know what makes you say that the RRR suits you best?
What is it that you see in RRR?
Old 09-15-2009, 05:48 PM
Tech Adept

I just want to know what makes you say that the RRR suits you best?
What is it that you see in RRR?
To me when I drove the Mugen it felt a little heavy the xray had a feel that to me felt closer to the RRR in that when I drove the RRR it felt like a light car and I could carry more corner speed. I actually owned all the cars at the same time. The LHS was at the track where I race so parts were a no brainer for the Mugen. Parts for the xray were from interstate and they were harder to get and a little pricey. The RRR is very hard to get parts for so I order all from HK. How ever this was not enough to stop me from sticking with the RRR. Besides all of that I was faster with the RRR. The RRR had the most free drive train of them all as well, there was no comparison to the other two cars that I owned. I did add a lot of titanium to the Mugen to get its weight down but I was not as quick with it. On our club days the front runners are always me RRR another fellow who runs a Mugen And another who runs an xray, its a toss up to see who TQ's. IMO all great cars, its what you choose. The reason I will run a V10 is The LHS at the track is the Australian importer for Shepherd and a good friend of mine and I like the fact that they are aiming to bring the car in close or slightly under the legal weight (saves money on trying to lighten it) and I like their innovations. Roll centre adjust,front droop and a few other things. This is all my 2c worth.
Regards
Noel

Last edited by batto; 09-16-2009 at 03:12 AM.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hello,

It really shouldn't be long till the car will be released since on the Team Shepherd site there is a V10 as the main price for the 1/10 Hobby Cup. The race is on the 3.-4. October and the prices for the combined ranking will be handed out in the final ceremony!

Regards
Old 09-16-2009, 03:15 AM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=Geberit;6351844]Hello,

It really shouldn't be long till the car will be released since on the Team Shepherd site there is a V10 as the main price for the 1/10 Hobby Cup. The race is on the 3.-4. October and the prices for the combined ranking will be handed out in the final ceremony!

Your the man Geberit with the good info. That is the W/end of our nationals so will be excited to get home after them and hopefully be able to place an order.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:05 AM
Tech Adept

Just one more thing batto, Is sheperd like every 3months releasing a new model? Unlike Mugen?

Because I dont want to buy a car which will be new in just after 3 months.
Like some other brands, 3months after their new car, they will release another. I hate that!
Old 09-16-2009, 08:35 AM
Tech Regular

Just one more thing batto, Is sheperd like every 3months releasing a new model? Unlike Mugen?

Because I dont want to buy a car which will be new in just after 3 months.
Like some other brands, 3months after their new car, they will release another. I hate that!
Shepard has no history of coming out with new cars often...

Kid... just get a car that you can get parts for and afford to replace whenever you crash... since you are a noob, you will be crashing often... it makes perfect sense to get a car that satisfies the above mentioned two criteria....

no real need to think too hard...
Old 09-16-2009, 08:47 AM
Tech Adept

Default You are so wrong!

Originally Posted by katze
Shepard has no history of coming out with new cars often...

Kid... just get a car that you can get parts for and afford to replace whenever you crash... since you are a noob, you will be crashing often... it makes perfect sense to get a car that satisfies the above mentioned two criteria....

no real need to think too hard...
I can get parts which ever car i choose....And I will not crash it..I maybe noob at nitros in terms of brands and quality, but not in driving..I will bet my car with yours if we meet at the track..

Old 09-16-2009, 08:53 AM
Tech Regular

I can get parts which ever car i choose....And I will not crash it..I maybe noob at nitros in terms of brands and quality, but not in driving..I will bet my car with yours if we meet at the track..

oh yah.. i forgot.... you drive EP at 100mph... your driving must be pretty good...

anyway kid, trust me... i have gone thru the noob phase before and it is really wiser to just get the more practical or affordable car... drive it to bits and improve before buying a "better" car....
Old 09-16-2009, 09:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by katze
oh yah.. i forgot.... you drive EP at 100mph... your driving must be pretty good...

anyway kid, trust me... i have gone thru the noob phase before and it is really wiser to just get the more practical or affordable car... drive it to bits and improve before buying a "better" car....
Isnt it more expensive getting a practical more affordable car and then later on buy a better car? Instead of buying the better car right away?

I think its not applicable to me, because for my experience its getting more expensive doing that. I've already done that, when I first bought a practical and affordalbe car, and then buy the better car, I realized that I should have not waste money on the affordble car, rather I should have spent that money to buy hop ups for the better car.

Does it makes sense to you?

Why do you crash the car anyway? Pushing your limits on driving?
Well for me, I dont do that, I learn little by little and I take care of my cars, thats why I havent had a bad crash. Maybe I have bumped and damaged the foam bumber, but I didnt really have a broken piece ever since.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

The car can be compared with NT1, 733, V-one RRR, MTX-4R, G4+. It has some little features that other cars don't have. The company Team Shepherd is relatively new and small and is very committed to what they are doing plus they have few World class drivers (Daniele Ielasi and Jills Groskamp to mane just two) who help them to develop their cars.

Regards
Old 09-16-2009, 10:31 AM
Tech Adept

yikes! I cant even found 1 selling in ebay about sheperd..
Maybe will stick to Mugen or Kyosho...
Old 09-16-2009, 10:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Ebay:
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_trkparm...d=p3286.c0.m14
Old 09-16-2009, 10:56 AM
Tech Adept

lol..how come i didnt find it earlier? lol..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.