Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pro Trak Vs CE Turbo GFX

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Highwayman.

I know that my old Protrak only discharged at 20 amps as you say, but on the new revised version that Phil sent me the discharge rate is variable.

I can't remember how high it actually goes, but I know it will discharge at 30 because I have frequently used it that way.

Go into set up. Scroll down, and you will find discharge rate. Adjust to whatever rate you fancy.

Good luck.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 06-30-2003, 11:11 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Joe, The unit will still only discharge at 20A but "calculate" new figures based on 30A. My old unit use to do that too.
Old 06-30-2003, 02:29 PM
Tech Adept

Default Pro-trak

I've used a pro-trak for a lot of years now and alongside an old CE for a while. For me it has to be Pro-Trak.
Discharge is max 20a but it will 'calculate' 30a figures if you want it to.
As many have said on here - the Service and back-up are excellent.
Try calling CE and ask to speak to the person who builds and programmes the chargers
And, as Joe has said, he is also a fellow racer!
Old 06-30-2003, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

I haven't had problems with my CE. For the money I paid for it, I intend to make it last.
Old 11-21-2003, 01:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Pro-Traks now come with cool-blue LCD display's

You can see it here [Pro-Trak]
Old 11-21-2003, 04:10 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Pro-trak

Originally posted by big_G
Try calling CE and ask to speak to the person who builds and programmes the chargers
not sure who builds ce chargers, but anyone can call ce and talk to the guy that designed the things. i have. nice fellow =]

i wouldn't be surprised if jim has other people on a design team besides just him - but still nice to be able to talk to the person that owns the company.

unless i'm missin something !
Old 11-21-2003, 04:13 PM
Tech Regular

You can call ProTrak and speak to Phil anytime, very knowledgeable and friendly too. Although you guys from across the pond may have trouble with the Geordie twang
Old 11-21-2003, 04:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can you dial up Phil @ protrak from the charger itself? That charger looks like a cheap phone pad mounted to the front!
Old 11-21-2003, 04:16 PM
Tech Regular

It does eveything else...except for making the tea, but i bet Phil could get it to do that with few modifications
Old 11-23-2003, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default Protrak and CE GFX

I have been lucky enough to have both at this time. You can't go wrong with either one of them. Phil at Protrak is great and Jim at CE is great too. It is a matter of personal preference. Phil just sent me an upgraded eprom which is cool and I have to send in my gfx to get it upgraded to the next version after 1.30. So it's your pick.......I like both and would not give either one up....

Ronnie
Old 11-23-2003, 09:08 AM
Tech Adept

both are good top of the line chargers. Only some really good world class drivers could really tell the subtle differences between the two. I am not a world class driver, that's for sure, but I could share some information received from some world class drivers who have been using both chargers, as well as a few other chargers.

GFX would give you more "punch" feeling from your matched pack, whereas, ProTrak would give a significant more run time/ capacity. Again, this could only be experienced by a really good driver. For us average drivers, both are just as good.

In Japan, many factory drivers prefer to use ProTrak.

I have attached a pix from Satoshi Maezumi's pit table showing his cool ProTrak from last weekend Reedy Asia
Attached Thumbnails Pro Trak Vs CE Turbo GFX-reedy03_satoshi_protrak.jpg  
Old 11-23-2003, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

What is the most current version for the GFX Charger?
Old 11-23-2003, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well for 346 shipped, the protrak is a great choice.
Old 11-23-2003, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
Well for 346 shipped, the protrak is a great choice.
where at?
which one is easier to use between the two?
Old 11-23-2003, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by cHckbOY5
where at?
which one is easier to use between the two?
You're best to buy the Pro-Trak direct, that way you know you'll get the latest version at the best price
Never used a GFX but I'd say the Pro Trak is very easy to use, you can use most of the normal options by simply holding the right number key for a couple of seconds, the righting the the right of the keypad tells you what to hold, like 3 is repeak, etc.
Just pressing the numbered keys does other things more based around changing settings, like 5 for charge amps when in the middle of charging. This list of options is on the left of the keypad.
Then there is the usual option of scrolling through all the options and settings using the * 0 # keys at the bottom.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.