Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > RC Boating
Have 2x Spartans, looking for best simples charger for charging 4,6, or 8 3S packs >

Have 2x Spartans, looking for best simples charger for charging 4,6, or 8 3S packs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Have 2x Spartans, looking for best simples charger for charging 4,6, or 8 3S packs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 11:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Have 2x Spartans, looking for best simples charger for charging 4,6, or 8 3S packs

Hello, guys, I'm new to this forum, I have 2x spartans that we pylon race out on the bay in front of my Cabin at Turtle Lake in northern Saskatchewan.

I'm looking for a good charger to charge at least 4 3S packs at the same time, more would be better, even 8 at the same time, as long as they charge in a couple hours that’s fine.

I'm sick of waiting for the slow chargers to poke away for hours and hours while we miss good glass lake time.

Please let me know what you guys think, I don't know enough about these new Lipo batterys.

Reg
Old 07-26-2018, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

as long as you can power 1 here enjoy.Revolectrix
Old 07-26-2018, 12:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello I dont understand what you said? Sorry, I'm not experienced I'm new to Lipo batterys.

Reg
Old 07-26-2018, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

High power output charger but you need 18volts dc to get the full amount of amps. readup on it theres a link follow it and read. then u might know. here is more info again read on.Electric RC info, how-tos and such - TJinTech
Old 07-26-2018, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

in this hobby one will need to read read and keep on reading . might start a cheat sheet
Old 07-27-2018, 09:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Thanks i ordered a nice charger and a parallel board, will use big lead acid bat

Thanks so much I called them and talk to one of their tech guys and he was so helpful sounds like a great product and I ordered a nice charger I’m going to use to Mercedes-Benz sprinter van batteries so that I don’t hurt the batteries running them to Lo and I’ll charge the four packs in two or three hours. Thank you
Old 07-28-2018, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

better watch the battery (as in supply) voltage so you can crank it up or get home. better keep a A123 pac with you to help out your start. im sure you can get that charge speed up faster than 3 hours.4 batteries
Old 07-28-2018, 11:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Default revolectrix order info for Reg's boats

Thanks guys for your help. I purchased the following gear from revolectrix. I called them and talked to one of their sales engineers and he was very helpful. I'm going to charge using two 12 volt MB sprinter van batterys as I have a stack of them brand new. Any comments on if I should charge with the 12 v van batterys in parallel or serial?

1x Cellpro PowerLab 6 with EC5 input cable, 1000W, Multichemistry Battery Workstation

1x Four Port MPA Adapter Combo with an EC5 Connector and Cable for Connecting to a PowerLab Charger

12x EC5 Connectors - One set male and female

1x FUIM3 USB Interface Module for 2-way data communication

1x Cellpro PowerLab, Plier Clip Assembly, 2 ft, 60A

Last edited by regr; 07-28-2018 at 11:12 AM. Reason: spelling mistakes and layout problems
Old 07-28-2018, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

if it was me id run the 2-12 v batts in series. so you get near 26.5 volts. so these are stand alone batteries not in the van listed correct..without being deepcycle batteries id give you less than a dozen charges off them b4 there done.
Old 07-28-2018, 12:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello, ok, I was not sure I guess with 4 packs hooked up to the board, it would be better to have 24 volts rather than just 12, makes sense . Do you guys like the charger I purchased, anyone use one or have the manual for one in PDF format as I won't get it until Aug 7 or so, would like to read up on it.

Reg
Old 07-28-2018, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

its ok im the only 1 helping.. manual here. its I the cellpro spec or files area.Revolectrix
Old 07-28-2018, 07:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Thank you RC Guy!

Reg
Old 07-29-2018, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

np