Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Eddie for ROAR PRESIDENT

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EddieO
Debbie....the bet. Doug and I got take lie detector tests.....after providing cell phone records to further the claim that I and him spoke BEFORE any of these posts were made that he could not run his proposed format and he need to run regular qualifiers and mains.....

$10000? I am sure Doug will take some of the action too......the call was made, nobody is lying. No doubt he may of called cause you bitched, but the simple fact was he did call and I did tell him he could NOT do that.....so he updated his thread.

Later EddieO
This is true, i called because of the post from silver on the R.O.A.R. regional race thread.
It started like this
The race will be a oneday event. Saturday Nov. 4th.
followed by this:
Silver

Is the entry fee still the same for a one day event? $40?
then this:
Silver

What Seano? Someone asked me and I asked Doug. Legitimate question.
$40 for a 2-3 day event is ok, but for a one day... he just wants to know.

Are you still going to run it with the people signed up?

then this:
rchoudini
7 "heats" all for points, highest point total at the end of the day wins. no trohpys, no free bees(ritchie reynolds)

solid race day for Regional bragging rights.(mike crosier)

this will be the format

then this after i called eddie:
rchoudini

7 "heats" all for points, highest point total at the end of the day wins. no trohpys, no free bees(ritchie reynolds)

Sorry ritchie can't do it.
but we will still get seven races in.

solid race day for Regional bragging rights.(mike crosier)
we can do this tho.

fee $30.00 for 1st class $10.00 second no late fee

because of this post by silver:
Silver

This is a ROAR race? You got a deviation for the race format?
Just curious.
What time does this start? So it is free?
Are you still going to run it with these number of entries?

I keep getting pm's and e mails about the race from people. Any answers please?

followed by logic:
rchoudini

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver

have them pm me please
or post here if the have a question

more of the same:
Silver

oooh. It's a secret? cool....
this again after talking with eddie:
rchoudini

Quote:

This is a ROAR race? You got a deviation for the race format?
Just curious.
What time does this start? So it is free?
Are you still going to run it with these number of entries?

4 qual's and triple a mains.
lane width deveation we got it.
race fee will increase to cover trophies.
other than that we are all set.

thanks Debbie for pointing this out

then eddie responds with logic:
EddieO

I just get so confused by some NW racers......why on earth, if they are ON here sending PMs.....or sending an email......why can't they send it to track who is actually hosting the race......why involve a 3rd party, who has nothing to do with the race at all.....seems kinda like a waste of time.

Later EddieO
and silver with more of the same:
Silver

Oh my.
I didn't see the rule that people couldn't ask me about other races at other tracks and I couldn't follow up for them. Gee, I guess being nice to racers and helping them out with events is not allowed.
Some only read the forums and never post. Yikes, how could that happen?

They had other questions about parts ordered and wondered if I knew the situation about the regionals.
I told them I'd check. They know me and know I will try to get answers for them. They don't know Doug. They wondered if anyone was going to the race.
They wanted to know if there was an entry form. I couldn't find one with the newest info.

I had a hard time getting answers. Maybe I wanted to know too. And if anyone from here wanted to go I could help them out.

But, I guess I will tell them I know nothing and not even sure there is going to BE a race. And I'll toss out the Wallop forms because I am not supposed to know anything or ask questions. slightly saracastic in case you didn't know....
love and kisses

So those of you that are getting the impression that there is a little something more than just questions coming from silver, are 100 percent correct. It is more a chance to make things hard on someone who is trying to make a change from business as usual.

I to was very confused by the post silver made about the R.O.A.R. race at 1st, but after reading her personal attacks on eddie i understand.

Please understand, that i have had my own dealing's with eddie in the past but, as he said he always tries to work things out and did. For those of you who have not meet him in person, you my be shocked at 1st, but once you get to know him and what he stands for and the fact that he truly believe's in what he's say's and does. Then you will see 1st impressions can be wrong.
I hope you all can read past the long post of attacks and look at the idea's that are there to make R.O.A.R. and R/C racing better for all of us who love this hobbie/sport so much.

Last edited by rchoudini; 10-29-2006 at 10:25 AM.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

You want to know about rules being broken?Here is a good one.
The first year Rick was elected president, the South West Series had a race at Texas Motor Speedway. At that race, people handed out copied ballots to all those at the race(about 95 people at the race). Everyone was strongly encourged to vote for Rick, and then hand the ballots back and they would mail them in for you. Now can any one tell me if that is ok to do?Now you can go look and see how many votes were cast for president that year.
Oh yea the person handing the ballots, our current president Mike Q.

Silver, I don't know you, but your post are really making you look bad.

Things I would like to see change;
Some one actually LISTEN to members.
The RMT is still not my favorite idea. Some tracks do a great job of running their races and should not be forced into paying for someone else to do it.
One of the most screwed-up races I have been to, had our president and another member of the excom making all the calls.

The excom has got to represent a good cross section of all ROAR members EVERYWHERE. Why not have someone represent each region, as opposed to the way it is now where some regions have more than one member and most regions have none. This would also reduce the appearnce of the good ol boy system. Not that I am saying the good ol boy system is running things now.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Unbelievable doug. I was asking questions. Plain and simple. No bitching just asking.
You never answered all day. You never acknowledged that I was even there. If you didn't know the answer say so. "I'll get back to you later, etc".

And you didn't mention the postings by the people who said it was good that I was asking. Amazing. That's why I was bringing it up. To see if you knew. Figured you'd then ask Eddie. I know you are new to all this. But I see that no matter if I question anything or anyone I am wrong. Good thing you went back and edited all your posts too.

WARDO-Of course I look bad. I told you all at the beginning I would be attacked pure and simple. I am the bad guy. Wonder why no one else posts that knows Eddie and MAYBE disagrees? Even a little?

Eddie is wonderful and has never said anything rude, crude, or nasty. Never pissed anyone off or made ANY wrong decisions.

I have a wonderful track and wonderful racers. And they return because they like me and they like my track.
I am sorry all this was dredged up and the focus changed.

I don’t think that having too many kids, playing baseball or not, or cards or not, or whatever it is you do should disqualify you. It’s all the other 3-4 businesses that take up your time.
I don’t think you have the time. Period.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

Debbie you dont look bad, you made yourself look REAL bad by coming on here and bad mouthing someone with no facts at all and then Doug and I called you out on it with the real facts...
Old 10-26-2006, 04:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Silver has a piont.
The ROAR regional at SIR is still confusing.
They are a ROAR track and with that one would think they would take the time to read the ROAR rule book.
You cant just make up the rules as you go along and expect ROAR to say, OOH thats wonderfull. You dont post that you got a deviation to change a ROAR regional race format and battery change to 4200's without checking with ROAR first. The regional exec doesnt have the power to authorize that.
And you could at least stick with your original post of, if we dont get 30 entrants the race will not be run. There are 10 ? now
And what happened to the Mod class not running and only one 1/12 class?

At least at Eddie's regional last year we did have all the classes, just not enough people to fill them.

There is a lot more to this saga than is being reported.

When Rain City started 7 years ago and turned the NW rc scene to crap, where did Peter, Trav,Weylin, Andrew Cartwright, Donny, Brett Sisely and a host of others race and practice at to get so good ? Only one carpet track up here and that was Rain City. And since the NW indoor series started a few years ago, from what I know, they allways took the track championship

An oposing point of view should be a good thing in any election, personal attacks as a rebuttle does not bode well for any interested party.
Fred Forg
Old 10-26-2006, 04:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Another SIR tid bit:
Last NW indoor series had 4 carpet and 2 asphault races.
At SIR they did not run Mod for points , Darren (his series) did not travel 5 hrs to watch and not race.
I guess because of this Doug refused to pay Darren for the trophys that were awarded and a lack of promotion, turnout was good from most tracks exept the SIR regulars. Everybody that ran the series knew about this race.

OK, I'm ready, attack this!

Fred Forg
Old 10-26-2006, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Of course he would ask me....I am the regional director....you know, the one who supposedly doesn't do his job. Doug wanted the questioned answered by the rep,.....he got it and posted the results.....but remember, hours ago we were all lying abot any of it taking place....

I don't claim to be innocent.....I have voiced my opinion....I have argued....I ain't perfect.....but I have vision and desire....I meet my goals.

As for my 3-4 businesses.....you don't even know what your talking about. You don't know how any of my stuff even works. You don't even know how many I have......your opinion on my available time is nothing more than baseless opinion....

And funny thing in the NW.....ask anyone.....can anyone name a person, including those have talked out against me, slandered me, etc......that has EVER been banned from my track? Good luck.....never done it, don't care.....is just words.

I know I can name a few that have been banned from yours....all because they talked back to you.

Facts are the facts.....

And Rick Wilson is the George Bush of ROAR........ask Ernie P.....the guy who really won the election a couple of years ago.

Simple thing to look at folks......Carl is a regional director.....running for change. I am a regional director, also running for change......mutlipile other directors are supporting canidates other than Mike Queller.....do you see a trend here? Or are a lot of the regional directors trying to tell the membership something??

Do the world favor everyone.......make your choice, me or carl.....don't let Mike be an option.

Later EddieO
Old 10-26-2006, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

Unbelievable doug. I was asking questions. Plain and simple. No bitching just asking.
You never answered all day. You never acknowledged that I was even there. If you didn't know the answer say so. "I'll get back to you later, etc".

And you didn't mention the postings by the people who said it was good that I was asking. Amazing. That's why I was bringing it up. To see if you knew. Figured you'd then ask Eddie. I know you are new to all this. But I see that no matter if I question anything or anyone I am wrong. Good thing you went back and edited all your posts too.

WARDO-Of course I look bad. I told you all at the beginning I would be attacked pure and simple. I am the bad guy. Wonder why no one else posts that knows Eddie and MAYBE disagrees? Even a little?

Eddie is wonderful and has never said anything rude, crude, or nasty. Never pissed anyone off or made ANY wrong decisions.

I have a wonderful track and wonderful racers. And they return because they like me and they like my track.
I am sorry all this was dredged up and the focus changed.

I don’t think that having too many kids, playing baseball or not, or cards or not, or whatever it is you do should disqualify you. It’s all the other 3-4 businesses that take up your time.
I don’t think you have the time. Period.
the edit was to change this entry fee.
it was only going to be 20.00, but when i checked with eddie and found we needed to do more than i edited it for the fee purpose only, nothing else.
Also i did answer you at the same time you were asking more questions without waiting for the answer to the 1st one's. What 's the hurry. there were no postings by anyone else saying it was good i was asking.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

While this is interesting to read not sure it really all relates to the qualifications. Maybe you guys can give it a rest for a while. You both seem to be getting quite worked up over this. Its just toy cars....
Old 10-26-2006, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...4&page=3&pp=30

WHERE DID ANYONE SAY IT WAS GOOD YOU WERE ASKING?

Last edited by rchoudini; 10-29-2006 at 10:20 AM.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C_O_jones
Another SIR tid bit:
At SIR they did not run Mod for points , Darren (his series) did not travel 5 hrs to watch and not race.
I guess because of this Doug refused to pay Darren for the trophys that were awarded and a lack of promotion, turnout was good from most tracks exept the SIR regulars. Everybody that ran the series knew about this race.

Fred Forg
Fred, why do you keep trying to drag this shit through the mud? This HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH EDDIEO FOR PRESIDENT.

Oh, and your facts about SIR and the last series are COMPLETELY wrong.
Old 10-26-2006, 05:00 PM
Tech Master

Silver has a piont.
The ROAR regional at SIR is still confusing.
They are a ROAR track and with that one would think they would take the time to read the ROAR rule book.
You cant just make up the rules as you go along and expect ROAR to say, OOH thats wonderfull. You dont post that you got a deviation to change a ROAR regional race format and battery change to 4200's without checking with ROAR first. The regional exec doesnt have the power to authorize that.
And you could at least stick with your original post of, if we dont get 30 entrants the race will not be run. There are 10 ? now
And what happened to the Mod class not running and only one 1/12 class?

At least at Eddie's regional last year we did have all the classes, just not enough people to fill them.

There is a lot more to this saga than is being reported.

When Rain City started 7 years ago and turned the NW rc scene to crap, where did Peter, Trav,Weylin, Andrew Cartwright, Donny, Brett Sisely and a host of others race and practice at to get so good ? Only one carpet track up here and that was Rain City. And since the NW indoor series started a few years ago, from what I know, they allways took the track championship

An oposing point of view should be a good thing in any election, personal attacks as a rebuttle does not bode well for any interested party.
Fred Forg
Response to the red highlight. I did Fred.
response to the blue highlight. If i want to run the race anyhow I can, Sorry im not being sarcastic.
If people want to run mod and 1/12 19t sign -up we will run it.
Truly Fred im not trying to be a jerk. just answer to your post.
Old 10-26-2006, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

Another SIR tid bit:

Fred Forg
We did run mod. but, had no taker's at sign-up. remember you raced it.
Wrong Fred, I did pay Darren just ask him.

And as Anthony posted what's this got to do with Eddie for R.O.A.R. pres.?
Old 10-26-2006, 05:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

We are all adults right and we are getting worked up over "toy cars"? Seriously, the immaturity on this thread is making me not want to be a part of ROAR. Is this what the meetings are like? This is a hobby folks (at least for 99% of us).

Now lets all just have a group hug and talk about how to make positive impacts to RC.
Old 10-26-2006, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by or8ital
While this is interesting to read not sure it really all relates to the qualifications. Maybe you guys can give it a rest for a while. You both seem to be getting quite worked up over this. Its just toy cars....
Yep, your right i'm done.
Sorry for the long post guy's. I won't do it again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.