Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Byron Or O'donnell

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Maxy is $21 per gallon of 20% here and odonnel is $26 per 20%. Its the highest priced fuel on my lhs shelves.

Everyone else is around $21 or so @ 20%.
Old 06-06-2005, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
Maxy is $21 per gallon of 20% here and odonnel is $26 per 20%. Its the highest priced fuel on my lhs shelves.

Everyone else is around $21 or so @ 20%.
Where at in Florida?
Old 06-06-2005, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Coke or Pepsi?

This is a funny question. You are going to get 1,000 different answers/opinions and most off them are not well informed.

My opinion is O'Donnell because he is a great guy and supports racing like no other.
Old 06-06-2005, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i vote Odonnel. i've been using it for 4 years (i've tried several others along the way) and i just had better luck with odonnel fuel.

byron is ok but it has more oil that gunks the motor. also, the container is clear and the fuel gets bad pretty quick. as long as the fuel is fresh, it's ok to use it but like i mentioned, they get bad pretty quick. you will notice this with the color. byron is only good when it's light yellow. once it gets darker, it's bad. proof can be seen by opening your motor after using a gallon of byron. it will be really black and dirty inside.

odonnel is a cleaner burning fuel. and it doesn't have any dye for coloring. color is only used for trademark and also to help see how much fuel is in the tank easier. but color is another additive that, in my opinion, gunks the motor. even orion went from colored to clear fuel
Old 06-06-2005, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default fuel

i tried whitelighting ,30% with 8% oil in my jp that i run on my fw05r ,ballistic had to retune ,got no hotter than 220. amazing hp. if you find it try it
Old 06-06-2005, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I vote for O'Donnell. Been using it for more then a year, probably 40 gallons or so, all engines are always clean-no rust, no built ups, no need to use after run oil, even we accidently left fuel for 2 weeks in the tank, later on the track, started engine-no problem-run perfect. O'Donnell all the way!!!!!
Old 06-06-2005, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Top Gun 777
I vote for O'Donnell. Been using it for more then a year, probably 40 gallons or so, all engines are always clean-no rust, no built ups, no need to use after run oil, even we accidently left fuel for 2 weeks in the tank, later on the track, started engine-no problem-run perfect. O'Donnell all the way!!!!!
I like and use O'Donnell but dont agree with not using after run oil..
I believe any type of left over fuel in an engine will gunk it up and make it much harder to turn over.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:17 PM
Regional Moderator

Anyone have tried Runner Time fuel?
Old 06-07-2005, 06:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

TOP GUN I can't believe you as a builder could say after run is not necc. especially with high percentage OD fuel.While OD is excellent fuel nothing but flushing and protecting engine internals will minimize the corrosive effects of nitromethane or prevent the water absorption of alcohol.Heck PARIS always advised never return fuel exposed to humidity in your track bottle to your supply bottle.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trashcar
TOP GUN I can't believe you as a builder could say after run is not necc. especially with high percentage OD fuel.While OD is excellent fuel nothing but flushing and protecting engine internals will minimize the corrosive effects of nitromethane or prevent the water absorption of alcohol.Heck PARIS always advised never return fuel exposed to humidity in your track bottle to your supply bottle.
Sorry to say, but this is exsactly what I am doing, I never use after run oil (I guess O'Donnell is using very pure Nitormethane which contain no acide), if fuel left in the tank, I am very often reuse it week later, I am too leasy to drain the tank. I have never had chemicaly damaged parts in my engines.
I don't recomend to do it, I just say what I do and how O'Donnell doesn't affect my engines, I am very please with O'Donnell fuel quality-the best I ever try since I am in the RC cars.
Edward
Old 06-07-2005, 02:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

does the stain on the piston and sleeve make a difference in performance????OD burns clear i gues or yellow and sidewinder burns a pinkish colour and blue thunder a blue......does it matter if it turns a colour on the piston and sleeve or all the internals on the motor?"???
Old 06-07-2005, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

theoritically yes. you know how experienced racers clean the little burrs and polish their motors to get the maximum horsepower. well, with all the gunk in there, it should limit the power of the motor. the color becomes a build-up over time from my experience. but with the odonnel you don't get any build-ups. it just makes motor maintenance easier.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Oil content for Blue thunder is 10%. Race BT is 7% castor and 3% synthetic.
RaceBT is a very good fuel except for the staining!
Some engines won't run well on O'Donnel (Rossi for example).
Sidewinder is VERY different from Blue Thunder.
I like Mugen fuel. No staining, good tuning, good protection.
Oil content for Mugen is as follows; 20% has 12% oil, 30% has 11% oil and 40% has 9% oil. According to the labels..
Old 06-07-2005, 04:12 PM
Tech Rookie

I use O.D.'s 30%,no prob's here
Not that I do it often
But at times I have dumped the fuel out,no after run oil
And the car started on the first pull a week or two later
I've only used OD nothing else 20% and 30%,cars idle smooth and no real staining
Old 06-07-2005, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by duneland
Oil content for Blue thunder is 10%. Race BT is 7% castor and 3% synthetic.
RaceBT is a very good fuel except for the staining!
Some engines won't run well on O'Donnel (Rossi for example).
Sidewinder is VERY different from Blue Thunder.
I like Mugen fuel. No staining, good tuning, good protection.
Oil content for Mugen is as follows; 20% has 12% oil, 30% has 11% oil and 40% has 9% oil. According to the labels..
Interesting never heard od has problem with rossi motors. Maybe thats why I had some trouble with mine.

I think im going to buy some maxy tommorrow. Im going to be taking the car out to a track here in florida as well. Should be fun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.