Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 01-27-2012, 06:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shocker
It's unfortunate that there wasn't a 2wd buggy class. There were a few of us that wanted to run but the decision to make it 13.5 no boost instead of mod (despite the fact that we had 2 heats of mod buggy the Thursday before and no 13.5 class) kept us from showing up.
It is unfortunate. I had my mod 2wd buggy with me ready to go because as I understood it, if there was enough turn out Mod would be included in the program.

Next week?

Matt
Old 01-27-2012, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

It's unfortunate that there wasn't a 2wd buggy class. There were a few of us that wanted to run but the decision to make it 13.5 no boost instead of mod (despite the fact that we had 2 heats of mod buggy the Thursday before and no 13.5 class) kept us from showing up.
Come on Trevor. As was stated, if enough mod guys show up there's no reason you couldn't have your own class. I don't think Dale or Kenny care if it's changed to mod. Kenny would probably dig it, lol. Let's do this, since it was a bust for 2wb, in general, we do a five race series with one throwout. Yesterday doesn't count.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE
Come on Trevor. As was stated, if enough mod guys show up there's no reason you couldn't have your own class. I don't think Dale or Kenny care if it's changed to mod. Kenny would probably dig it, lol. Let's do this, since it was a bust for 2wb, in general, we do a five race series with one throwout. Yesterday doesn't count.
i agree
Old 01-27-2012, 09:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Chance & Mike +1
Old 01-27-2012, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I had a great time last night. Got a wheel from a couple of people that I never expected...must be getting close to nitro challenge. It's ok, I gave a few wheels out as well.

You know, I've driven all the way out somewhere to race only to be told that I couldn't, because I was the only 8th scale guy there. It sucks. But I marshalled a novice race last night for 3 cars. So i'm thinking that the two of you guys showing up + matt = mod buggy class. I've never seen anybody go home from fear farm because there want a class for them to race.

Kenny, great job as usual. Quick program. The truggy main was nuts! Who the hell is this mellen guy and why did we ever let him run nitro? New fast guy in town: jeff mellen! Great run.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by cornerspeed
I'm in for Saturday. Trying to get a couple others out to there also from CA. Looking forward to racing at the Fear Farm. Track looks great!
Hit me up if their is still room... well i wish i had know earlier not enogh time to get my crap together have fun I can't wait to run Fear Farm!

Last edited by Sinakal; 01-27-2012 at 12:31 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I can't make the last round since it's the same week as the Cactus so I'll just sit this one out.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigNasty
I had a great time last night. Got a wheel from a couple of people that I never expected...must be getting close to nitro challenge. It's ok, I gave a few wheels out as well.

Sorry if that was me.....first time with a nitro buggy. That thing seems all kinds of squirrely compared to even the 8ight-E I had. Needing some setup changes to plant it a little better.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

I can't make the last round since it's the same week as the Cactus so I'll just sit this one out.
Haha, you and 90% of the other guys that raced that night. I saw the list of names dude, it's not like they're all itching to do the FF Thursday night series race.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:26 PM
D C
Tech Initiate

Haha, you and 90% of the other guys that raced that night. I saw the list of names dude, it's not like they're all itching to do the FF Thursday night series race.
Thanks Chance for speaking what everyone else is thinking lol
Old 01-27-2012, 03:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Default New motor and ESC

So it appears my Motor and ESC are on their last legs! Wont even make a full lap without glitching out on me. I'm looking into getting new ones. What should I buy?
Old 01-27-2012, 03:39 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CIPHERintheSAND
So it appears my Motor and ESC are on their last legs! Wont even make a full lap without glitching out on me. I'm looking into getting new ones. What should I buy?
Trinity midnight paired with a Novak cyclone
Old 01-27-2012, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

That's a pretty loaded question Shawn. Pretty rare that both, the esc and motor are taking a shit at the same time. What exactly is happening and what have you done as far as trouble shooting? Also, what are your current electronics?
Old 01-27-2012, 05:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Let me guess, Castle electronics?
Old 01-27-2012, 05:39 PM
Tech Initiate

That's a pretty loaded question Shawn. Pretty rare that both, the esc and motor are taking a shit at the same time. What exactly is happening and what have you done as far as trouble shooting? Also, what are your current electronics?
I have a Novak Havok Pro for my ESC and a Novak GTB 10.5 for my motor.

The speed control throws an error code that says..."Possible ESC shut-down doe to locked rotor detection. Return throttle to neutral position to regain motor control. Check vehicle drive train for free operation."

I have torn my transmission apart, and checked all my gears and bearings. I have replaced both my rear hubs entirely, including new bearings. I have cleaned the motor with cleaner and checked and lubed the motor bearings.

last night, when I tore the motor out, I ran it and it still threw the same error code.

After all that it still shut down several times during our main.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.