Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OCM KAOS DOMINATING

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 04:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Carolinas also has OCM parts, I don't see them on clearance, the reason amain has stopped OCM parts has been explained here already. If I'm not mistaken Alan ran the Team, went to races to promote the product, etc. I know vnmsgt personally and he is doing none of that, except maybe promoting the product here on this forum, and how is he being suckered?
He is receiving parts with no up front money, there are a lot of buggies out there that will need parts, club racers, like myself, can't always just switch brands, like sponsored guys can, we have invested time and money into our race setups, switching to brand X , we would at least have to buy a new kit, 5 to 6 hundred outlay right off the bat.
Try to give chrisa break here. Pooldoc
Old 06-19-2008, 05:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

maybe somone should rename this thread
Old 06-19-2008, 09:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jamminnay
maybe somone should rename this thread
My votes for "OCM Kaos flapping in the wind like your grandma's panties on a clothes line."
Old 06-19-2008, 09:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey guys, I sold my older Kaos a couple weeks ago and am going to be putting together a new EVO to run and was wondering what you guys have for setups. I never really messed with my older model because I got it used and run my Caster all the time but it was not loose at all, held a line right through a turn on throttle. I like the rear of my buggies and truggies to be somewhat loose in the rear but not too much. Any of you have yours set up like that. If so can you let me know what your settings and diff fluids are?
Old 06-19-2008, 02:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Here is a setup that would be a good starting point:

Old 06-19-2008, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

That setup is good. But use the outer hole on the knuckles and shorten your wheelbase. It will turn much better!
Old 06-19-2008, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by slaytanic
That setup is good. But use the outer hole on the knuckles and shorten your wheelbase. It will turn much better!
Thanks for the setup info. I really never thought of shortening the wheelbase before on my buggies to make them turn better. That should only make a minimal difference over whoops and stuff right, as in not as smooth? I would suppose this would be the most noticeable on shorter tight tracks.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I run the big spacer in front of the hub and little spacer in the rear. I helps with turn in and forward traction off. If the track is bumpy and rough I move them to the rear if I can give up some steering.

vmnsgt, Moving the hubs is a quick adjustment. Next time your practicing, run a few tanks with your hubs all the way to the rear. Then run a few tanks all the way forward to see the difference. Just remember were your base set up is for reference.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

And as far as diff set ups, try 5/7/3 and adjust from there. I use 5/5/3 or a 5/7/1 too. Good Luck!!
Old 06-20-2008, 09:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by vnmsgt
...Also found out that A-main is not carrying OCM anymore because A-main did not comply with there MAP pricing so OCM stopped selling to them and are just clearing there inventory...
Going back a ways to this quote, I am actually chuckling pretty hard right about now. This is pretty funny. The guy that posted on here that he is taking over OCM in the interim, and the reason we got 'cut off' is because we were not complying with the MAP pricing policy, is SELLING BELOW they price they asked us to sell at! LOL.

http://www.holeshothobbies.com/servl...9-BUGGY/Detail

$449.99 is the price point they said they needed, so customers would not think the car is 'Cheap'. Go figure. I guess now the idea of having a set price is not important?
Old 06-20-2008, 09:02 AM
Tech Adept

BTW, I have a whole bunch of OCM parts I cannot seem to get rid of right now. I will sell 'em all to you at our cost if you want them
Old 06-20-2008, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

hahahahahahaha kendall called you out on that lol made my morning good job kendall
Old 06-20-2008, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Kendall, I have to believe that you and I are somehow related. Whether we ever do business or not, at least I know that you think the same way as I do....that means a lot to me.

Mike Mazza
Old 06-20-2008, 09:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kendallb
Going back a ways to this quote, I am actually chuckling pretty hard right about now. This is pretty funny. The guy that posted on here that he is taking over OCM in the interim, and the reason we got 'cut off' is because we were not complying with the MAP pricing policy, is SELLING BELOW they price they asked us to sell at! LOL.

http://www.holeshothobbies.com/servl...9-BUGGY/Detail

$449.99 is the price point they said they needed, so customers would not think the car is 'Cheap'. Go figure. I guess now the idea of having a set price is not important?
We already discussed this and that is what OCM told me which everyone has there story and I apologized if it was wrong and will not do that again. Yes I do have my OCM Kaos buggy cheaper but OCM told me I could because how in the hell can I sell them for 449 when you have them below my cost!! They told me once you are out of the buggies and have no more to sell then I have to raise the price back up to 449! I did have it at 449 but changed it after speaking with them and they gave me the go ahead. I am not taking over anything trying to cause any trouble whatsoever. BTW thanks for posting a link to my website! Maybe some people who believe me will visit and buy stuff!

Last edited by vnmsgt; 06-24-2008 at 12:24 PM.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cheesecake
hahahahahahaha kendall called you out on that lol made my morning good job kendall
You can kiss my A$$, because if you read my last post he did not call me out on CRAP!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.