Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Two sides to a story

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 04:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Two sides to a story

Just a last week, i traded with a gentleman from California.

I traded my TC6.1 for his HB TCX.

Apparentely, he was not happy with the trade and gave me a bad trader rating. Sir RAL if you have any problems with my trade tell me directly. Don't give me a bad trader rating or threaten me.

Let us solve the problem. There are many ways to solve it. I am here and open to a solution.

Now you don't call me a "scam artist" and a "liar" because that can be grounds for something else. That was self incriminating what you did because you even mentioned my name.

We are talking about a value of 260 dollars. It's not worth it believe me. Tell me what you want. Do you want me to pay for your car? yes i can do that. You can keep mine. Use it as a doorstop but don't don't destroy my name. Buy the way, the motor was NOT part of the deal. I volunteered to include it as a sign of appreciation.

You bank on your high trader rating? well i bank on my reputation in my profession.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

The first thing you need to do is give us more information/details on what exactly happened in your transaction. Your post reads more like a PM that should be sent to him and not the start of a thread.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:02 PM
RAL
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by touringcar
Just a last week, i traded with a gentleman from California.

I traded my TC6.1 for his HB TCX.

Apparentely, he was not happy with the trade and gave me a bad trader rating. Sir RAL if you have any problems with my trade tell me directly. Don't give me a bad trader rating or threaten me.

Let us solve the problem. There are many ways to solve it. I am here and open to a solution.

Now you don't call me a "scam artist" and a "liar" because that can be grounds for something else. That was self incriminating what you did because you even mentioned my name.

We are talking about a value of 260 dollars. It's not worth it believe me. Tell me what you want. Do you want me to pay for your car? yes i can do that. You can keep mine. Use it as a doorstop but don't don't destroy my name. Buy the way, the motor was NOT part of the deal. I volunteered to include it as a sign of appreciation.

You bank on your high trader rating? well i bank on my reputation in my profession.
You still have not responded to my PMs to resolve the issue. I just happened to find this thread. You told me the car was in "like new condition" and in working order. I agreed to trade you my lot of TCX car and LARGE AMOUNTS OF PARTS for this "working" TC6.1 and "like new" LRP 17.5 motor.

Issue #1:

You said the car was a TC6.1 upon inspection when it was received its not, its a TC6.

Issue #2

The car has multiple stripped screws in the top deck that will require the top deck to be destroyed in order for the screws to be removed.

Issue #3

The gear diff is broken and the internals will need to be replaced at the minimum. I have no pics but I can tell its skipping randomly during its rotation.

Issue #4

The motor has a pinion that is on the shaft that can not be removed because you drilled out the set screw and destroyed the pinion/setscrew I assume as a result of it being stripped, just like the top deck screws.

For the Record...

I PM'd you to say that if you were to paypal me the amount for a new top deck and gear diff rebuild kit then that would be fine. You have done nothing.
I have called you 3 times and left two messages. You have not responded.

Even if you were to resolve this issue, as you should, your trader rating is still accurate.

#1 You did not trade the items in the condition you claimed them to be.
#2 You did not trade me what you said what you were going to trade. (TC6.1 not TC6)
#3 You didn't tell me the motor was unusable(What value does that have? Obviously you can't get the pinion off so why would I want that motor?)
#4 You have not resolved the issue or responded to the other party. It was luck that I stumbled across this thread you just started.

These acts justify a negative rating. A "Trader Rating" is to gauge trust-worthiness. I trusted you and you mistook my kindness of trading to someone with ZERO trades for granted and shafted me.

Bottom Line.

This is what I traded this member for this "tc6.1 roller" that he claimed was in good condition and in working order.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-upgrades.html
Old 07-25-2012, 03:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

oh my how the tables have turned. i read that first post expecting RAL to be a real dirtbag. after seeing those pics i'm not so sure. waiting to read the response from touringcar
Old 07-25-2012, 09:07 PM
Tech Adept

Ouch....
Old 07-25-2012, 10:42 PM
Super Moderator

pics posted by touringcar, not the best pics by any means.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...6-1-trade.html

you can see 2 of the bad top deck screws but only if you are looking for them.

Your own pics show that RAL didn't strip them. IMO you seriously misrepresented the car by saying "free from defects".

Even if the motor was "thrown in" failing to mention the condition of the pinion is just lame.

Your trader rating will clearly stay as it is and I wouldn't recommend anyone deals with you.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:49 PM
Super Moderator

touringcar, your lack of response to RAL's post and his attempts to contact you are not in you favor either.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Wow....there definitely is two sides to every story. And the second side of the story here just owned the OP. Definitely deserving of a negative trader rating. And what's with all his "scam artist and liar is grounds for something else" and "self incriminating". Sounds like dude is trying to make it sound like he's all brainy in the legal deptartment and such.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:33 AM
RAL
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

You still haven't responded. So vocal and egar to pay $260 for my car, yet when I ask you for a measly $45 bucks to fix the pile of crap you sent me you won't do it. Obviously you didn't think I would find your post...
Old 07-27-2012, 12:50 AM
Super Moderator

@touringcar, you do realize that your log in activity can be clearly viewed by everyone Feel free to use 'invisible' mode in the future if you want.....I can see that too
Old 07-27-2012, 04:26 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The best part is the fact that touring car currently has new items up for sale.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

Not for long if he doesn't respond to my PM's or this thread...
Old 07-27-2012, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

In no way am I trying to point fingers at anyone, but people are all too eager to trade, buy or sell sometimes. I've lost out on deals trying to get more information by asking specific questions, then the item gets sold. Definitely not upset about it, I see it as an issue averted.

It is evident that two screws are shown stripped. Sure it could be easily missed, but it can also be easily noticed is the pictures are inspected. With that said, this is completely contradictory to the actual condition:

The TC 6.1 is in excellent condition. no tweaks, cosmetically clean, everything ok with no hidden defects.
I always ask if there are any stripped screws, broken or bent pieces, or anything that would need replacing soon. Always!

Ral, a screw extractor may help with removing those screws and keeping the top plate in its current useable condition. While you shouldn't have to deal with any of these issues, considering the description, it is an option.

And it isn't only the moderators that can see someones activity while hidden. Clicking on their trader rating will show their last activity.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

At least this thread has helped prevent him from ripping anyone off any further:

Originally Posted by SteveM
I had agreed to trade touringcar a couple of brushless motors for the http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ade-parts.html kit he posted. After noticing the recent negative feedback I sent him a PM to double check on the status of our deal. Needless to say, he replied to say that he's calling the trade off. I get the feeling that he never intended to ship, and may not even own the kit in question.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...l#post11007517
Old 07-28-2012, 11:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Ooops. It would appear I was wrong. Victim #2:

Originally Posted by SteveM
I just received a reply from this seller by PM in which he advised that he's calling off the trade that we agreed to back on July 18th. Questionable seller in my mind and perhaps the negative feedback is deserved. Now I have to see if I can retrieve the items I shipped him.

Buyers and Traders beware of this seller!
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ade-parts.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.