Search
Like Tree59Likes

Your favorite Tire Sauce recipe

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2019, 05:16 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andy Koback
I believe MSDS sheets were also meant to show the actual ingredients...don't see that in either of these.
I thought it did?
General Product Name: TDK High Grip Tire Sauce
Synonyms: Methyl Cocoate
Product Description: Methyl ester from lipid sources
CAS Number: Methyl Cocoate: 61788-59-8
Old 03-08-2019, 07:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

I was looking more for percentages of each like other MSDS sheets. Don't want to give out secrets I suppose.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:22 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Ordered the TDK high traction sauce, good timing because I had recently glued a pair of positrons. These are first impressions before I hit the track this weekend. Comes in a nice tin with a normal lid and a lid with an applicator brush. Opened it up and took a whiff - smells like coconut oil as expected. No headaches, smell is not strong. I got some on my fingers and hand, but after one wash with soap, the smell is barely noticeable, and it doesn’t dry out/irritate my skin. Sticky kicks would definitely dry out skin, and the smell seemed to persist after many rounds of washing. Rubber is noticeably softer after doing the usual sealing in a bag routine for a couple hours, but I’ll see how it performs on the track soon. Super excited about this, and I’ll be showing it to as many people as I can.

JCG1 likes this.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:51 AM
Tech Champion

A box of disposable gloves is only like $5.

Msds doesnt always include ingredients, just hazards and care info. I just googled the MSDS # on a moving railroad car that looked weird. Nuclear.
Old 03-14-2019, 10:34 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
A box of disposable gloves is only like $5.

Msds doesnt always include ingredients, just hazards and care info. I just googled the MSDS # on a moving railroad car that looked weird. Nuclear.
the few weeks leading up to this I also used gloves when saucing. And I'll continue this, just wanted to experiment the first time to see the effect. While you can protect your skin, you can't really avoid inhaling fumes unless you walk around with a respirator, so using a compound that undergoes less evaporation and doesn't harm your lungs when inhaled is a huge plus.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:44 PM
Tech Champion

People look at my like I'm nuts, when I toss on Latex Gloves. Sxt soaks right into our skin.

Our indoor on road tracks spec a odor free compound. But off road tracks are still fair game it seems. With all of the dust, it's a bit of a tough argument to make, I guess.
I_NeedBigDrink likes this.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
People look at my like I'm nuts, when I toss on Latex Gloves. Sxt soaks right into our skin.

Our indoor on road tracks spec a odor free compound. But off road tracks are still fair game it seems. With all of the dust, it's a bit of a tough argument to make, I guess.
I wouldn't fault you... what drives me crazy are the inconsiderate people who continue to vape in covered areas even though they are repeatedly told not to do so by the owner. When I call them out on it, almost every single person makes a false claim that it's just "water vapor" and basically ignore my request when they repeat doing it moments later... I just want to smack some sense into them... argh!
Zerodefect, big ted and evhexrc like this.
Old 03-22-2019, 08:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Secret Tire Sauce??

hey people, just wondering if anyone out there knows for sure if there is a "secret sauce" to soak your tires in to get more traction on 1/8 of road dirt racing?? I've been told there is a special blend of Penetrating Liquid Wrench and other stuff that if you brush onto your tires and put in ziplock bag the night before a race that it softens them and makes more fast?? Let me know if there is any secret sauce recipes that you know WORK that you guys can share with me, that would be much appreciated!
Old 03-24-2019, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TQdgrandbois
hey people, just wondering if anyone out there knows for sure if there is a "secret sauce" to soak your tires in to get more traction on 1/8 of road dirt racing?? I've been told there is a special blend of Penetrating Liquid Wrench and other stuff that if you brush onto your tires and put in ziplock bag the night before a race that it softens them and makes more fast?? Let me know if there is any secret sauce recipes that you know WORK that you guys can share with me, that would be much appreciated!
The first rule of the secret sauce club....
E1 Diablo likes this.
Old 03-27-2019, 07:31 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Forgot to come back to this thread after running with the new TDK sauce. To sum it up - it does its job well. No problem getting the tires right where they need to be, and they bite just as hard as any other sauced tires on the track. Haven't run enough to gauge wear, but looks normal to me for how soft I made it. The mild odor is my favorite part. Will continue to use this sauce.
braderb and RazorRC like this.
Old 03-28-2019, 09:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by I_NeedBigDrink
Forgot to come back to this thread after running with the new TDK sauce. To sum it up - it does its job well. No problem getting the tires right where they need to be, and they bite just as hard as any other sauced tires on the track. Haven't run enough to gauge wear, but looks normal to me for how soft I made it. The mild odor is my favorite part. Will continue to use this sauce.
I've been using it for the past few weeks and like it a lot. Just put in an order to buy 5 more. Several guys at my track have switched over, I think this stuff will catch on.
braderb and I_NeedBigDrink like this.
Old 03-29-2019, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Review posted, also a 15% off coupon code if you want to try this sauce --

I_NeedBigDrink likes this.
Old 03-30-2019, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RazorRC
I've been using it for the past few weeks and like it a lot. Just put in an order to buy 5 more. Several guys at my track have switched over, I think this stuff will catch on.
i just ordered some. if i like it i am gonna see if my local track can become a dealer for it. the non toxic really sold me.
Old 04-01-2019, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

I ordered 2 bottles. I hope it works. The only issue is how to get the local track to mandate it. Considering that many racers at my local track smoke or vape, I would guess that a safer sauce is not at the top of their concerns. I had a conversation with the track's owner about racers using sauce that obviously contains strong, toxic chemicals and the response was "How would you enforce it?" and "Racers will use whatever they want." This was after mentioning that on larger race days, the owner gets headaches from spending the day in the building. From the owner and business points of view, the issue is purely monetary, both in not alienating racers, and selling sauce. Unfortunately, strong chemicals do work well to soften rubber. Racers that have tried SXT Baja like the low odor, but the traction gain and long dry times aren't ideal. If this stuff bridges the gap of more traction, and shorter drying time, it might be ideal, even if it doesn't soften as well as the stronger alternatives. While I don't think current off-road sauce rules affect attendance by existing racers, I have no doubt that it reduces ongoing interest and turnout by new racers, especially kids. I see this as a contributing factor to tracks closing. Over the past 2 weeks, another 2 local tracks have closed (1 indoor, 1 outdoor,) and attendance at races is perpetually declining. Oh well.
Old 04-03-2019, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

I used the tdk high grip sauce at the Wednesday night races (medium grip, dry, clay/dirt track,) on my EB410 and it worked very well. It adds a lot of grip, so much so that I had to reduce rear toe a bit to loosen the rear. I timed the drying time and it takes about 10 minutes for the sauce to dry. As others have mentioned, it smells like coconuts. The track owner was very interested in it because it doesn’t stink, and will be calling the company tomorrow to become a dealer. Hopefully it will catch on and strong,smelly sauces will be a thing of the past.
braderb, I_NeedBigDrink and JCG1 like this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.