Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 04:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hanulec
shock tower (funny name for an amtx driver..) - i'll let you know tonight. haven't built up some all "fresh" new tie rods in a LONG time.
Got the nick name from when I started RC with an Traxxas E-max and thiught it was a proff buggy, and therefore broke several of shock towers....
Old 01-04-2015, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xpress
My gd2 leaks out of only one side? I'm not sure if it's thru the seal or the setscrew? I pulled the diff apart and put a wrench thru the output shaft so I could crank the setscrew. I'll know shortly if that fixed the leakage....
Please post if you find a fix. Mine leaks out the right side out drive only. I have tried all I know to stop it and nothing's has done so,so far
Old 01-04-2015, 09:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imprsme
Please post if you find a fix. Mine leaks out the right side out drive only. I have tried all I know to stop it and nothing's has done so,so far
Mine is the right side as well
Old 01-04-2015, 09:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I blow a GD2 outdrive oring lately on one side in a big race and my theory is that the oring was scratched by the carpet fiber... The carpet was new and the fiber get around all the rotating parts.
I try a few things even try chemically because I didn't have any spare.
Once I replaced the oring (OR05S) + green slime everything come back to normal. If you don't like to use green slime at least lubricate the oring when you assemble the diff.
Also take great care when filling the diff to let escape some excess oil with the set screw.
Your mileage may vary.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:45 AM
Tech Regular

Default WOW!!!!!!

I just took two brand new A700l cars to The Gate (carpet track) for the first time. I run USGT and VTA. I used setups from off line and both cars were drivable right out of the box. I'm sure that I need setup help! There are really no setup sheets for this chassis and these classes. If anyone has a setup for this chassis in these classes please PM me. thanks a lot
Old 01-04-2015, 01:47 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Twill - most 17.5 tc setups work well in these two classes. You can get away with higher roll centers and longer links with less fear of grip roll.
Old 01-04-2015, 01:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imprsme
I had to thread lock the grub screw in the diff out drives to stop mine leaking.
Old 01-04-2015, 02:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Gtr r34 m-spec
I had to thread lock the grub screw in the diff out drives to stop mine leaking.
I will try that ,thanks
Old 01-04-2015, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Thanks. I will try that also. Cars getting a complete rebuild tonight/tomorrow anyway.
Old 01-04-2015, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Would like to let you guys know that I'm selling my Awesomatix A700 Evo

I'm pretty sure this is the only one in the world which has been converted to be 200mm wide.
I bought the car to reverse engineer it and see if it was a viable option to use the suspension for a 200mm nitro car.

It has been run for 3 days of practice.
Comes with quite a few parts, new carbon chassis etc.
Next coming days I will rebuild it, clean it and make a proper sale ad.
If someone is already interested please contact me.

Old 01-04-2015, 06:03 PM
Tech Regular

Default Thanks.

Twill - most 17.5 tc setups work well in these two classes. You can get away with higher roll centers and longer links with less fear of grip roll.
I have a 17.5 setup on the cars right now and will just work on making adjustments until I am comfortable with them. Thanks for the help THE CAR IS GREAT!!!!!
Old 01-04-2015, 06:58 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TWILL
I have a 17.5 setup on the cars right now and will just work on making adjustments until I am comfortable with them. Thanks for the help THE CAR IS GREAT!!!!!
if you can explain what you'd like the car to do better -- along w/ posting the setup Tony we will be able to help you.

i'll be putting together one of my Evo kits for USVTA at Snowbirds later this month...
Old 01-05-2015, 04:36 AM
Tech Regular

Default I may have built the suspention Wrong?

if you can explain what you'd like the car to do better -- along w/ posting the setup Tony we will be able to help you.

i'll be putting together one of my Evo kits for USVTA at Snowbirds later this month...
When building the shocks the instructions (step 9 finished) shows two lefts and two rights. The problem is if I build it like that I have to criss cross the shocks to get them in the car. Is this wrong because I have a L6 on the front right side of the car and R6 on the left hand side???? Are the instructions wrong or am I and will just swapping the dampers fix this ? Other than that I think just working with the droop and spring rate will get the car to where I want it to be...Thanks for the help.
Old 01-05-2015, 05:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

No, it is correct. It is like that so that if you want to run asymmetric damping, the dampers will all have the soft stroke for compression.
Old 01-05-2015, 06:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi all

Im new to this forum and have pre ordered the new A700 Evo IIC. Until now i drive conventional TC.
Never seen the car live but im very interested to setup this car fo an indoor asphalt track with foam tire.

To have a basic setup can anyone help me to setup the car basically for foam tire? The track are very tight and technical. Only a few corner like 180 degrees and one long corner. The driving is like full brake and full power so i need good initial steering and a planted rear to bring the power to the straight.

I planned to use the basic setup but if anyone have recommendations for foam tire and very tight track it would be help to start with this new journey.

Thank you for your support
Rgds Dani

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.