Old 11-24-2010, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lil-bump
Good Job!
I'm going to keep my good eye on you

Pass you soon...
Thanks man!

The car was great. No mechanical failures, took some hits but never broke. H suspension parts are good
Old 11-24-2010, 10:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by quietstorm76
Rear:
WB 2mm short
200mm width
4 camber
3 toe-in
7mm shims on hub
Roll ctr bottom
2 hole piston/900cst/orange spring/3rd hole up
RH=6mm
40's tires
front 200K cst
Rear 20K cst (started with 50K then 30K and finally 20K)
No Rear Sway bar!!! No push

Meant 7mm on rear up-right for camber gain.

Very happy with the car. I think the DLS had alot to do with it. I didn't have a chance to run with the stock camber links
You ran a DLS with 40s in rear and 20k cst in the rear diff?

What if you didn't have the DLS? Would you be running 5k cst in the rear diff?

I don't get it. An extreme setup like that for the rear would be understandable if you didn't have the DLS. The whole point of the DLS was that it made soooo much traction in the rear that you would be running higher cst in your rear diff, less camber, less toe and more droop just to be able to get the car to turn. Paolo even had to use a rear sway in conjunction with the DLS because he wasn't able to get enough steering with the DLS on.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
You ran a DLS with 40s in rear and 20k cst in the rear diff?

What if you didn't have the DLS? Would you be running 5k cst in the rear diff?

I don't get it. An extreme setup like that for the rear would be understandable if you didn't have the DLS. The whole point of the DLS was that it made soooo much traction in the rear that you would be running higher cst in your rear diff, less camber, less toe and more droop just to be able to get the car to turn. Paolo even had to use a rear sway in conjunction with the DLS because he wasn't able to get enough steering with the DLS on.
First of all did you get one yet? YOu've been doubting this "OPTIONAL" part since it came out yet you won't buy one a try it for yourself. Not sure why you think it supposed to give "God Like" rear traction. It makes the rear more stable and if you are capable, you can then drive the car harder into and out of the turns. Maybe Paolo likes a looser car. Scott Kimbrow runs the DLS with no sway bar but Paolo and DJ did.

There was another racer there and we ran almost identical setups and we both were about as fast as anyone else except Paul L.
The results speak for themselves. Other than Paul Lemuix I was no slower than .2 off anyone elses fast lap. Fastest Lap 17.2 and in one of the triple A mains I think averaged 17.4 over 10 laps. Car was consistent all weekend.

Last edited by quietstorm76; 11-24-2010 at 02:18 PM.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

US Open
  1. WB-1mm short all the way around.
  2. camber- (f) 1.5 (r) 4
  3. toe- (f) +.5 (r) -3.5
  4. caster- 5mm
  5. Roll Ctr (f) middle (r) lower
  6. piston- (f) #2 (r) # 4
  7. oil- 900wt all the way around
  8. RH- (f) 5.5 (r) 6
  9. Tires (f) 37 (r) 37
  10. The car was easy to drive fast..
springs (f) old Blue (r) old red
and i used the DLS

Last edited by D-man; 11-24-2010 at 05:31 PM.
Old 11-25-2010, 04:18 AM
Tech Rookie

First of all did you get one yet? YOu've been doubting this "OPTIONAL" part since it came out yet you won't buy one a try it for yourself. Not sure why you think it supposed to give "God Like" rear traction. It makes the rear more stable and if you are capable, you can then drive the car harder into and out of the turns. Maybe Paolo likes a looser car. Scott Kimbrow runs the DLS with no sway bar but Paolo and DJ did.

There was another racer there and we ran almost identical setups and we both were about as fast as anyone else except Paul L.
The results speak for themselves. Other than Paul Lemuix I was no slower than .2 off anyone elses fast lap. Fastest Lap 17.2 and in one of the triple A mains I think averaged 17.4 over 10 laps. Car was consistent all weekend.
HI quietstorm i would like to ask you a question about the linkage size that you set ,45.5(default) or 47.7 for both linkage of dls

Thank you
Old 11-25-2010, 05:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ntheodor
HI quietstorm i would like to ask you a question about the linkage size that you set ,45.5(default) or 47.7 for both linkage of dls

Thank you
47.7 for both linkage
Old 11-25-2010, 07:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Where is the diference betwen 45.5 and 47.7 in DLS linkage.thanks
Old 11-25-2010, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by D-man
47.7 for both linkage
Yeah what he said. This is what we were told to run at the Worlds and we've never changed it.
Old 11-25-2010, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by IVAN RM
Where is the diference betwen 45.5 and 47.7 in DLS linkage.thanks
Good question. I know that if you shorten the long links it adds more camber. I'll have to go play with that one day.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:37 AM
Tech Champion

Yes I have it and have ran it with 200000cst in the rear with a one way in the front and 45's in the rear, no rear sway. The rear end pops out a bit with the 45's but with 42's is just about right. My other Kamikaze team mate has also similar issues with the DLS and had also had to compensate with more droop, less toe in, less camber and harder rear shore and a rear sway bar.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yes I have it and have ran it with 200000cst in the rear with a one way in the front and 45's in the rear, no rear sway. The rear end pops out a bit with the 45's but with 42's is just about right. My other Kamikaze team mate has also similar issues with the DLS and had also had to compensate with more droop, less toe in, less camber and harder rear shore and a rear sway bar.
What works for us at the track in GLARCRC doesnt mean its gonna work for everyone else. One thing we have a lot of at GLARCRC is traction, so what we have to do to make the DLS work for us here in LA is different than what other people at other tracks have to do. Their settings might seem wierd to us, but thats what they have to do to make it work.

Not one setup is right or wrong, just different. When we used to have Crystal Park the setups between CP and GLARC were different as well.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nitrodude
What works for us at the track in GLARCRC doesnt mean its gonna work for everyone else. One thing we have a lot of at GLARCRC is traction, so what we have to do to make the DLS work for us here in LA is different than what other people at other tracks have to do. Their settings might seem wierd to us, but thats what they have to do to make it work.

Not one setup is right or wrong, just different. When we used to have Crystal Park the setups between CP and GLARC were different as well.
exactly what I was going to say. At the Worlds I ran 42's on the rear with a sway bar and I still had a push.My home track has NO! traction and I was still able to run 45's on the rear. It was slower but I could still be competitive. That setup I posted was way off from what I run at any other track but that's what it took to plant the car. In the words of DJ Apolaro:

"Numbers mean nothing, only the performance on the track"
Old 11-27-2010, 10:21 PM
Tech Champion

exactly what I was going to say. At the Worlds I ran 42's on the rear with a sway bar and I still had a push.My home track has NO! traction and I was still able to run 45's on the rear. It was slower but I could still be competitive. That setup I posted was way off from what I run at any other track but that's what it took to plant the car. In the words of DJ Apolaro:

"Numbers mean nothing, only the performance on the track"
Which leads to the point I originally made. If you had such an extreme setup with the DLS on then how would your car have handled when the DLS wasn't available? Like I said before, if you had to use 30000cst with the DLS, then what was it without? Sounds like your track is made of either ice or glass.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:25 AM
Tech Master

Which leads to the point I originally made. If you had such an extreme setup with the DLS on then how would your car have handled when the DLS wasn't available? Like I said before, if you had to use 30000cst with the DLS, then what was it without? Sounds like your track is made of either ice or glass.
Not nescessarily so. I did a back to back test on a track in South Africa which had decent bu not high traction. I only changed from dls to std upper rear links. All other settings (including sway bar) remained the same.

Laptimes were close but the DLS setup allowed me to run a Chevy Cruze which without was too nervous, and that made turn in better and also in the corner stability was better with DLS. At that track I did not find DLS gave less steering and because I could run the more agressive body laptimes were slightly faster and much more consistent.

In the ed it will be personal preference and track conditions that will decide what works for you. I think DLS will work wondes for consistency for most drivers. As it drasticly changes the rear end it will require a rethink (and thus experimentation) of the way we setup a car.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:07 AM
Tech Elite

Dude I was refering to NitroDude's post about tracks being different. Read my last post. If I was running at your track then maybe I would need a setup like yours. I'd like to see you try your setup at Kissimmee RC Raceway though. 37's were the prefered rear tire some even ran 35's. NT1's, Capricorns, Kyosho, it didn't matter what car soft rear tires were needed. When was the last time you ran 42s on the front and 37s on the rear, but that's what some people did to balance the traction.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.