Search

Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thybaut
My 733 EVO arrived today!

Do you guys have a good setup with DLS for a European style track? I’m guessing a setup with DLS is quite different from the standard setup, what should I change?

Or should I start without DLS and first learn the car before putting it on?

My track: http://www.machheemstede.nl/ec2011/i...&id=2&Itemid=5
I'd start with the box setup on the front. As far as starting without the DLS would just be your personal choice. The car feels a little different when you switch to DLS from the standard rear end but only the first lap or two. Try the box setup if you try without DLS. With DLS try 3 camber, 2.5 toe, roll center middle, and 5mm shims on the uprights.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default hello

Originally Posted by quietstorm76
I'd start with the box setup on the front. As far as starting without the DLS would just be your personal choice. The car feels a little different when you switch to DLS from the standard rear end but only the first lap or two. Try the box setup if you try without DLS. With DLS try 3 camber, 2.5 toe, roll center middle, and 5mm shims on the uprights.
Hey Marcos thought I would give a shout on your thread, since you were in the xray thread the other day. Oh!! I wasn't supposed to tell Sorry bout that. good running at the Fort see you soon Peterb
Old 02-12-2011, 01:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Speedypeterb
Hey Marcos thought I would give a shout on your thread, since you were in the xray thread the other day. Oh!! I wasn't supposed to tell Sorry bout that. good running at the Fort see you soon Peterb
He was in the Mugen thread as well the other day. Even said positive things.
I think it's a scandal and should be investigated
Old 02-12-2011, 04:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by stefan
Snitches!!!!!
Old 02-12-2011, 05:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default agent

he's a double agent not to be trusted
Old 02-12-2011, 06:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

lol he is going to have to change his member name also since he has not been quiet
well just call him storm
Old 02-12-2011, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

Ummmmm why were you in the Xray thread? I was looking to see how many times my name is mentioned. What's your excuse? Is the rumor true about you joining the Xray training camp? I saw you and Drew talking over by the port-A-potties. Does Kyosho know?
Old 02-12-2011, 06:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by quietstorm76
Ummmmm why were you in the Xray thread? I was looking to see how many times my name is mentioned. What's your excuse? Is the rumor true about you joining the Xray training camp? I saw you and Drew talking over by the port-A-potties. Does Kyosho know?
Well if it happens. About Time! LoL

G-Mac
Old 02-13-2011, 02:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Is anyone running an Novarossi engine with an INS box on their 733?

I can't seem to get enough clearance for the fuel line as the fuel inlet on the carb hits the side brace or hits the Xceed INS box

If someone has a photo, please post.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Novarossi
Is anyone running an Novarossi engine with an INS box on their 733?

I can't seem to get enough clearance for the fuel line as the fuel inlet on the carb hits the side brace or hits the Xceed INS box

If someone has a photo, please post.
It's very tight.
I'm running Sirio engines and I have to squeeze the fuel line between the cooling head and the INS box
Old 02-13-2011, 03:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

It's very tight.
I'm running Sirio engines and I have to squeeze the fuel line between the cooling head and the INS box
Yes, I thought about running it in between the cooling head and box, but didn't like the fuel line so close to the heat.

I finally managed to get it in nicely, I just had to keep playing with the carb positioning and fuel inlet positioning, and shaved about 2mm off a small section of the side brace - what a pain!
Old 02-13-2011, 03:06 PM
Tech Rookie

hi guys, just need a bit of help on setting the camber on my 733, what sort of tyre ware patterns am i looking for on the front and the rear. also i seen a post a few pages back about putting the dls linkages to 47.7mm. what are the differences between the stock 45.5 and the 47.7? thanks in advance
Old 02-13-2011, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nova2010
hi guys, just need a bit of help on setting the camber on my 733, what sort of tyre ware patterns am i looking for on the front and the rear. also i seen a post a few pages back about putting the dls linkages to 47.7mm. what are the differences between the stock 45.5 and the 47.7? thanks in advance
Front tires should wear flat, rear should cone to the inside. I run 47.7 but 45.5 should be fine also. Not sure if the 2.2mm difference hurts anything.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

I just finished building my EVO and really like it. The build went very smooth. I had only one problem, they put a small suspension bracket in the kit instead of the wide one, but that’s being fixed.
I only think it’s a bit strange that the connection parts to connect the new bulkheads and the 2speed mounts aren’t included in the kit, did they forget mine or do you have to buy them separate. I also am missing the carbon brace for the DLS. Or can you mount the aluminum parts also on the original carbon brace? (which hole?).

I’m thinking of machining the connection parts myself, which material would be most suited for the rubber one?

Thanks for the advise on setup. I think I will start without DLS and put it on when I know the car a bit better.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thybaut
I just finished building my EVO and really like it. The build went very smooth. I had only one problem, they put a small suspension bracket in the kit instead of the wide one, but that’s being fixed.
I only think it’s a bit strange that the connection parts to connect the new bulkheads and the 2speed mounts aren’t included in the kit, did they forget mine or do you have to buy them separate. I also am missing the carbon brace for the DLS. Or can you mount the aluminum parts also on the original carbon brace? (which hole?).

I’m thinking of machining the connection parts myself, which material would be most suited for the rubber one?

Thanks for the advise on setup. I think I will start without DLS and put it on when I know the car a bit better.
The connector pieces have not been released yet. I've converted my 733 to an EVO model and the only pieces I'm waiting on are the two different type of connectors.

The DLS should have came complete. I would get the correct part from Serpent. No need to throw another variable into the mix.

Pass you soon...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.