Wiki Posts
Search

EP4600's

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 09:50 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrrcguy
That's a nice F***ing dog! Big F***ing eyes! But a nice F***ing dog!
Bad Boys II, slightly adapted for your reading pleasure!

Kudos sir!

Nick
Old 10-25-2007, 10:31 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

One of the problems with most forums is that they use a passive system to detect clones, which essentially boils down to tracing usernames to common IP addresses. It's a somewhat effective system, easy to implement, and is indeed what most people use. I studied most of them before I wrote my own.

The problem I found is that if the community that uses your forum often gathers in the same place, it skews this system. For example, if you throw a party and 10 people all log in from the same computer to post something about how much fun they're having, those 10 people are linked by that single IP address, which will make them all "hit" on pretty much every clone detector. Indeed, the same thing could happen at big R/C races where a lot of people share the same wireless router, or even hotel internet access, which may send all its egress traffic through a single IP, which is usually the case with NAT and its ilk. Without killing every "common" IP that might be used at a big event before running a clone detector, it would be very easy to get false positives that could potentially implicate everybody that attended a particular event. Without an understanding of the nuances of this kind of system, it's easy to be led astray. I have no idea if that's what happened here, I'm just offering one possibility that I've seen happen on several occasions in my own work.

There other interesting systems for clone detection, which I've written and put to limited use in my own projects, where you "tag" a suspected clone with a cookie that doesn't go away when they log out, and then search for that cookie later on, hoping to associate it with another user id. It's deeply effective in nearly every case, but wasn't available in major forum packages when I studied them a while back. Maybe they've added it since then. This forum doesn't have much trouble with persistent trolls, so it's probably not needed, but it's good to have against the real nasties out there that hop around on open proxies to evade IP bans. We hates them. :-(

Also, if a friend shows up with a box of wine to use as the template for making a halloween costume, I don't suggest consuming said box.

//dies
Old 10-26-2007, 01:15 AM
R/C Tech Founder

I'm not using any kind of clone detector or anything of the sort. I'm very much manually looking at the post record with the associated IP and the time it occured. All of the aforementioned accounts had posts with the same IP address recorded, and on top of that, they were the only accounts with that IP. There were also matches on multiple IPs, not just one.

One legit account and 4 dupes whose posts were 90%+ trolls, flames, and random BS designed to create drama and piss people off.

You do the math.

Maybe I'm wrong. It happens. But I'm pretty sure I'm right.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:42 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Did I miss something last night while i was reformating my pc!?
Old 10-26-2007, 05:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by futureal
I'm not using any kind of clone detector or anything of the sort. I'm very much manually looking at the post record with the associated IP and the time it occured. All of the aforementioned accounts had posts with the same IP address recorded, and on top of that, they were the only accounts with that IP. There were also matches on multiple IPs, not just one.

One legit account and 4 dupes whose posts were 90%+ trolls, flames, and random BS designed to create drama and piss people off.

You do the math.

How you didn't ban Eddie O for pissin' on Dumas for sandbagging
Old 10-26-2007, 06:45 AM
Tech Champion

P.T.O. This topic has gone way west....

My .2$... Flaming away on a forum (about anything)...

It's so last year maaaaan chill
Old 10-26-2007, 08:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
How you didn't ban Eddie O for pissin' on Dumas for sandbagging

From what I read, not all of it mind you, but Eddie didn't bash anyone or anything. He stated his opinion that the EP cell was not better than the IB even though it was more reliable.

He did make a "stab" at Dumas, but I'm assuming that this was a joke and that both parties took it this way. Not really anyone elses business other then theirs if it was personal anyways. Plus Dumas used to run for Brood, and if i remember correctly he ran 19turn as well back then.

IMO Eddie didn't do anything wrong, we all have opinions and all he did was post his.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:16 AM
R/C Tech Founder

There were some since-removed posts that went over the top.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:25 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bill941
I picked up a few packs of ep4600's from tony at power pushed. seem like the numbers look good anyway I hope to hit the track with as soon as my job gives me some time off lol The voltage is as high or near ib 4200's that I have so I guess we will see. voltage range on these packs are 1.25 to high 1.26's or so if anyone is wondering
do you own EP4200s now? can you please let me know if there is a weight difference between the two cells? thank you!
Old 10-26-2007, 09:28 AM
Tech Regular

There were some since-removed posts that went over the top.
Okay. I didn't read them all, just commenting on the ones that I did.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

You do the math.

I think Fairtrace put it best "SICK BURN"...
Old 10-26-2007, 06:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
do you own EP4200s now? can you please let me know if there is a weight difference between the two cells? thank you!
I had some ib 4200 but no ep 4200 I would have to say they are a bit heavy compared to ib's but without a scale I couldn't tell ya for sure
Old 10-26-2007, 08:17 PM
Tech Master

Who has these EP4600 cells in stock for a decent price on the web? I am just an average club racer so I don't need the top end cells. Just decent cells at a decent price.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:33 PM
Tech Addict

http://www.teampowerpush.com/

try tony that's where I got mine from I am not sure they are list on the site yet send him a email!
Old 10-27-2007, 05:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kcobra
Who has these EP4600 cells in stock for a decent price on the web? I am just an average club racer so I don't need the top end cells. Just decent cells at a decent price.

Also try Express, I think Tag has said he will have 4600's ready by 10/30?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.