Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 10:13 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Turtlemaster
1. well then i guess i am the one that is outta line. i just figured the ne nr ne nr, should be directed at losi, not your fellow racers that are anxiously awaiting the new ride. some who apparently have put up deposits.

2. i'm not waiting for the new losi as i am a yok usa team driver.

3. not hating, just pointing out the obvious. you did say you were 30 years old.

4. WWJD
Well I AM one waiting for the new Losi and not only have put up a deposit, but have mine completely paid off....SINCE JAN. 24TH!!!

And guess what, I think the stuff Mr. Shookie writes is not only funny but completely accurate. Like I like to say when I piss people off on the boards..."if you can tell me I'm lying, then I'll shut up right now"...and the answer to that is always s i l e n c e....

Not one thing he has said on the Losi thread has been a lie. He has tried directing the stuff at Losi, but he still gets attacked.

Right now, the only safe comments over there are "be patient" and ummmm......well, thats about it!

We deserve to be laughed at, we've been waiting for a car that was supposed to be released in mid-late Jan. We've been told two-three...who knows how many times "its coming" and it hasn't, and we're still waiting. The strangest part is, most of the people don't even mind the wait...go figure.

At least I've taken the first steps toward breaking away. I've contacted my LHS about transfering my pre-order(can't cancel it..."no refund" policy).

But one things for sure, I know how to direct my frustration, and aiming it at Mr. Shookie definitely isn't the right target!

Last edited by Darkseid; 03-24-2005 at 10:20 PM.
Old 03-24-2005, 11:22 PM
Tech Elite

well like i said before, i'm not waiting for a losi so i'm not directing any frustration at mr shookie. lets get that outta the way first. now lets address your post.

not once did i say what he was posting wasn't accurate, or that it was a lie. hang on let me go check,....... nope can't find where i said that.

i just thought that it was a little off taste for one rc'er to be making fun of other rc'ers who seem to be in discomfort over the long wait.

if you would like to scroll up and maybe a page or two back you will see where mr. shookie posted "he, he, go look at what i said on the losi thread. oh boy am i gonna get it now" not a direct quote but close enough. i just didn't find that that needed to be done to you guys.

but hey, your the one that paid for a car thats not released and cant get your money back, and if you think hes funny then who the hell am i to try and stick up for you. my bad, i apoligized to you and all the losi faithful left hangin. and to mr shookie for trying to tell him to play nice.

but most of all i apoligize to my fellow yokomo drivers who had to read these past few posts.

right about now i'm feeling like the guy that stopped a man from beating his wife and now the wife is kicking my a$$. geez. learned my lesson.
silent enough for you....

btw. i found this on the last page of the losi thread....

Man, I feel bad for you guys !!! I have been following this thread for 111 pages. All I can say is keep your collective chins up.
Soon.....

thats what i would expect and respect from my fellow rc'ers

Last edited by Turtlemaster; 03-24-2005 at 11:57 PM.
Old 03-24-2005, 11:50 PM
Tech Master

Default You know I'm kinda glad I've come into this sport/hobby....

of on-road so late, I've only been able to get excited by stuff that is already out.

Last edited by Mabuchi540; 03-25-2005 at 12:19 AM.
Old 03-25-2005, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

well like i said before, i'm not waiting for a losi so i'm not directing any frustration at mr shookie. lets get that outta the way first. now lets address your post.

not once did i say what he was posting wasn't accurate, or that it was a lie. hang on let me go check,....... nope can't find where i said that.

i just thought that it was a little off taste for one rc'er to be making fun of other rc'ers who seem to be in discomfort over the long wait.

if you would like to scroll up and maybe a page or two back you will see where mr. shookie posted "he, he, go look at what i said on the losi thread. oh boy am i gonna get it now" not a direct quote but close enough. i just didn't find that that needed to be done to you guys.

but hey, your the one that paid for a car thats not released and cant get your money back, and if you think hes funny then who the hell am i to try and stick up for you. my bad, i apoligized to you and all the losi faithful left hangin. and to mr shookie for trying to tell him to play nice.

but most of all i apoligize to my fellow yokomo drivers who had to read these past few posts.

right about now i'm feeling like the guy that stopped a man from beating his wife and now the wife is kicking my a$$. geez. learned my lesson.
silent enough for you....

btw. i found this on the last page of the losi thread....

Man, I feel bad for you guys !!! I have been following this thread for 111 pages. All I can say is keep your collective chins up.
Soon.....

thats what i would expect and respect from my fellow rc'ers
What I think I may have doen wrong is that you are taking it way too serious To make an analagy about a man beating his wife is in poor taste.

Am I wrong for making fun, sure maybe in some eyes SO HERE IT GOES
I Stephen Shook A.K.A. Mr. Shookie fully apoligues for any thing or action that may have offended you. End appoligy....

I am not trying to make anyone mad or even try to provoke anyone to anger. Which is what I think you are referring to with the WWJD comment. I was poking fun.....IF you are going to take this so serious than it has become more than a HOBBY which by definition HOLD ON LET ME PUT IT IN HERE VIA WEBSTERS DEFINITION.
hob by n. An activity or intrest pursued at one's leisure for enjoyment.

Enjoyment to have fun weather at a joke or the act of racing or the constant teasing and light heartedness. None of the teasing is directed at anyone to make them feel small or hurt there feelings my poking fun is at how serious people take this HOBBY. Also because I have a friend who is a Losi die hard so am I poking fun at him yes because I sence his frustration because of the delay of the release of this magic car thats his words not mine. There are alot of hopes and dreams on this new Car so I was trying to keep it light and humorous. If you have read my posts in the JRSX thread than you know all of them point out the fact that I like the JRSX and I am not calling it a worthless car, in fact just the opposite I am intreged at this new design.
SO here is where I just say Sorry.

None of the post where directed at you nore Yokomo so I guess I should move this to over there, maybe I will.

Also I would like to say sorry to Shane for wasting his bandwidth and to Yokomo Die Hards which I am also included for taking up your time with this posts. NOW THAT IS WHAT JESUS WOULD DO.

Now back on Topic, Man I can not wait for the new BD, Should be here next week, well at least that is the tenative date. We will have to keep our hopes up. Now that was sarcasim which is completly directed at you with only Humor not Anger. Please take this as a guestor (sp?) of Humor at me poking fun at the Taking this HOBBY way to seriously.

I think the problem is you can not read my body language or the tone of my voice so you are takign what I said as a threatening or a malous post which none of them are. THEY WERE ALL MEANT AS SARCASIM AND HUMOR, if they were taken out of context I again fully appoligues. (sp?) Now that was serious.
Love,
Stephen <><
Oh yea I am very sarcastic at times.
Old 03-25-2005, 07:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Man.. U guys... make me read over them...
glad we got it clear out the way

T~ming
Old 03-25-2005, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

fish on, fish on.

Last edited by Turtlemaster; 03-25-2005 at 07:41 AM.
Old 03-25-2005, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

Now that was sarcastic.
Although I think you might be being a bit mean and trying to hurt my feelings

Oh now that is SARCASIM....
LOL
Old 03-25-2005, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

fish on, fish on.
By the way what springs and wieght oil do you use on your SD?
Thanks,
Stephen <><
Old 03-25-2005, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

on the sdw, stock, all stock, the whole car, works great on pavement and carpet. only need to change tires to make it work right. the cgm, a purple and red assoc springs, 50 wt all around raised roll center one shim all around. rayspeed rear tower

the fish on comment wasn't towards your signature.

way back when there was a guy that would make up stuff like "hey did you hear, losi is buying out yokomo" and then sit back on watch people flip out. then post, fish on. as in bait the hook and watch them all nibble until someone takes it. fish on. i guess now aday it would be considered getting "punked" or 'SERVED"

Last edited by Turtlemaster; 03-25-2005 at 07:42 AM.
Old 03-25-2005, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

on the sdw, stock, all stock, the whole car, works great on pavement and carpet. only need to change tires to make it work right. the cgm, a purple and red assoc springs, 50 wt all around raised roll center one shim all around. rayspeed rear tower
Sounds good.
Thanks,
Stephen <><
Although I only have the SD with the Rayspeed.
Thanks anyway
Old 03-25-2005, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

on the silver chassis i was never able to make it work with light oil and springs as suggested by most. the track i race at is sealed pavement and really smooth. not at all like a normal parking lot. i have to do weird things to make my cars work. but then again its probably just me.
Old 03-25-2005, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Nope I have been having problem with major push with the 35 45 weight combo with the light springs. Right now I am working a setup with 50 weight all around and I will try every spring combo to see what will work with the heavier oil.
Just trying to get a head start. Although I am getting th eBD next week and it might be a day late and a dollar short for the SD will ahve to keep trying.
Thanks,
Stephen <><
Old 03-25-2005, 07:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Yokomo USA!!! Now why didn't I think of that! It must be Jet-Lag that's messing with my brain!
Old 03-25-2005, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

yea, that would have been a shame to come all this way and not go there. not sure if there is anything to see there but hey worth a look anyway.
Old 03-25-2005, 08:50 AM
Regional Moderator

Turtlemaster: I think you were just taking all of this a little too seriously. I wasn't going after you with that post, just showing that some people, even someone who is buying(or trying to buy) the car, saw that he was clearly just messing around.

I certainly wasn't trying to upset you or put in the situation you discribed with the "wife" thing.

Just showing that some of over there on that thread still are able to laugh at ourselves.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Yokomo thread...

Last edited by Darkseid; 03-25-2005 at 09:00 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.