Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 04:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i currently have mine at the 2nd hole from the outside since as mentoned i run at a fairly tight track. may opt to go to the outter most one just to try out - i'll try the ackemerman setting first though. but for fast flowing tracks, the stock settings should work great with very minor tweaks.

Matt: what would give a more drastic change in terms of initial turn in? standing my shocks up one more hole or changing the ackerman by moving the ball stud in the steering plate forward one hole? my set-up only needs a touch more turn-in steering to make me really happy with it so i don't wanna go over board. i can always try both but just thought of asking in advance so i have an idea what to try first. thanks in advance!
Old 04-18-2005, 06:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

moving the shocks will probably be a more drastic change but I would try both and see what works for you.
Old 04-18-2005, 06:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by Matt Howard
the I-net track I raced on was pretty big and flowing. If the track setup was tighter I would probably go to a RS yellow spring up front and move the front shock out on the tower to probably the second from outside or maybe all the way outside to start with. That should give more turn in steering for a tighter track.
Congrats on your win. I still hold true to my statement on the power push thread.....
Old 04-18-2005, 06:53 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by STLNLST
Congrats on your win. I still hold true to my statement on the power push thread.....
thanks. I have nothing but respect for Tony and Power Push, that's why I didn't tease you on his thread. My first matched pack I ever bought was a Power Push pack back in the early 90's.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Way to go Matt!
Old 04-18-2005, 07:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Been told that the UK drivers are now running there cars with the front one way and the center pully locked up. Guess people will find out at the national for sure though.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi Rick,

Any idea on how they locked these up?

Cheers
Chris
Old 04-18-2005, 08:07 AM
Tech Master

Does anyone know if Yoke plan to make a tub chassis version of the BD.

In the meantime, I'm making my own. Have a look at the attachment. And here's a puzzle question. How many of the bits do you recognise.
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR4TC-BD-bd3-2-april-05-002.jpg  
Old 04-18-2005, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Here's another pic.

I hope to get some time to do a bit more this week.
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR4TC-BD-bd3-2-april-05-002-1-.jpg  
Old 04-18-2005, 08:42 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Wouldnt that be more of a TC3BD?
Old 04-18-2005, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Default JohnBull

That is RADICAL!!!!!!!!! Keep us posted!! I too would wish for a tub chassis, but it may come after a year, just like the CGM!

Before you continue, have you checked if the front tires will rub the chassis while turning, both agressive and loooooong fast turns? And also any plans for the bumper?

And its a nice combination, yokomo and AE parts!!!! Goodluck with your project!
Old 04-18-2005, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Randy Caster
Wouldnt that be more of a TC3BD?
Close. I called it a BD3.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Well guys I have to say first round of the JBRL was interesting to say the very least, the BD handled very well for me....Well up until the Lap traffic and those wonderful people who don't know want IFMAR Qualifing is about......
I got a great first run in until the guys I was lapping would just not let me pass or would do what the guy did at the end of the first Qualifier did....he pulled right out in front of me as I was coming out of a corner....Wonderful T-Bone action. I was on a TQ pace...LOL...All in all the BD was just about flawless...I did move to the 0 degree steering knuckles to give me a more aggressive steering responce and it did help. Finally got to met some of you guys and have to say each one of you is a class act.

ekim628: great pitting next to you, thanks for the use of the serrator...I found mine when I was putting all my gear away. Seems you wear really laying it down but you gotta love the lap traffic....jockying for 7-8 place that won't let you get around.. Your welcome for the RockStar.....I needed all of them just to keep my eyes open...Long day..

Rocketron: Thanks for the setup help and some pointers...I think you were right about the steering knuckles they did make the car a bit nervous but they did seem to help getting through that really tight section.

Randy Caster: Man all I can say is man you never stop thinking .
Love the pully though. might really help you at SoCal....I am really not liking something about that track....either the guys who won't let you pass or the guys who don't care and just hack you out of the race...or the banked track. I guess all those reasons really make up the true reason why SoCal isn't one of my favorite tracks...Although it does teach you one thing...DON'T EVEN THINK OF MESSING UP....NO NOT EVEN JUST ONCE....LOL

Ghoopa: hope the trip from Vegas was worth it....You seemed to do OK....I was kinda distracted trying to get my stuff all together....

As I said before you all are class acts and very friendly...Sorry if it seemed I was frustrated and a little grumpy....I was just upset since I knew I was on TQ pace but counln't prove it...My friends I drove down with were teasing me a bit...since only one of them has ever beat me before in a race...& I was in the D main...MAN that really makes you feel humble...But I guess I needed to get that out of the way for the next leg of the JBRL series....
Sorry for the internet novel....
Thanks guys for all your help....
Stephen <><
Old 04-18-2005, 09:00 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by johnbull
Close. I called it a BD3.
That works too

Now what is the reasoning for using a tub chassis over the CF sheet chassis?
Old 04-18-2005, 09:02 AM
Tech Champion

Here's a pic of the track in korea
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR4TC-BD-imga0009.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.