US Indoor Champs 2006

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Indoor Champs 2006

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 01:31 PM
Tech Regular

tfirsching's idea is the way to go. A Mains are supposed to go last. but alternating the scales should prevent delays.

john
Old 07-19-2006, 03:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Try this (216) 524-8050
Old 07-19-2006, 04:36 PM
Tech Addict

Default US Indoor Champs 2006

Thanks for the input everyone,we hope to make thing work a little smoother at this years race, some of your ideas are going to be used,but not everyting can go like we plan ,we will always do the best we can and continue to make this the best race in the world
Old 07-19-2006, 06:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

As long as tech is more consistant than it was last year, I'll be one happy racer. Besides, I'll get to run handout motors that I'm familiar with already. I'm pleased already and it's only July.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
I do not agree with that at all. The guys who are in the A main worked their tails off to get there and their sponsors have invested a lot of money to get them there as well. They should be able to get the recongnition they deserve!! Because we all know that all the magazine coverage (EXCEPT EXTREME RC) out there just plain sucks!! If you dont want to stay and listen to the sponsors or be there that long to watch the A mains watch them on www.rc50.com when you get home!

EA
I know it takes a long time but I agree that the company that sponsors the driver needs the recongition(sp).The part I don't like is where the driver thanks someone for parking his or some other of topic thank you that is not needed that's what we would like to cut out.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:41 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Tempest2000
I agree the mains take way too long... cutting out sponsor lists is not the answer though.

changing the order of the races so the A mains are not run back to back seems to be the best suggestion...

I think Cleveland is the only race that doesn't have a trophy presentation... Maybe have a trophy presentation for just the A mains... It wouldn't take that long...

I enjoy cleveland every year well except for last year missing the 2nd round on due to tearing the cartilage and tendons in my knee on the drivers stand.

I loved the new raised drivers stand... HOWEVER REAL steps need to be put up not everyone is in that great of shape LOL me included. The cheap steps put up last year didn't even hold up to Eric Anderson stepping on it and he's about avg. After that step broke there was nothing on the right side of the driver stand to step onto. I ripped my knee apart trying to get onto the driver stand with no step. (had a prior injury in 98 with my knee same injury) Not so much as one person offered to help when i was flat on my back... not one driver, bystander, official, race director etc. I had to limp back up to my room with a blown out knee and had to stay there from the 2nd round on till we left in my room and couldn't hardly move.

I ended up confined to bed for over a month and could barely get around for 3 months on. I'm still abour 65% or so...

It was my own fault for trying to get my fat butt on the driver stand w/o a step, but if there had been one there it would have never happened.

My $1.25...

Michael Skeen
well we agree with what you have to say about the trophy presentation and we are trying to sort that out actually Mr.bill and I have been talking for awhile on if we want the run the a mains together anymore and how to work in the trophy presentation.We should have something worked out real soon I will be sure to let you guys know as soon as we do.

Now onto the steps we will have something different this year.We want hand rails and alot more steps then what we had last year hopefully that will help some.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by T. Hodge
Magazine coverage is horrible at the event. Magazines should be allowed to take pictures exclusively during the 1st round of practice. We are trying to promote RC Racing and by not letting the magazines do their job correctly it hurts our overall coverage of the event.

Perhaps Mr. Bill could contact all the magazines notifiying them that pictures will only be allowed to be taken during the 1st round of controlled practice. I am sure they will be there to do it.
To be honest Todd we agree. The problem is the magazine's themself they want to show up late in the weekend and do "flash" pictures while drivers are running which we get so many drivers complaining about it...it's unreal but we are hard at work making sure that everyone will get what they need from us.Pictures,results whatever.But mr.bill has already been thinking about contacting each mag and finding out what will and will not work.So hopefully is problem will get sorted out here soon.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:55 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rayhuang
Just a thought, but its been my contention for quite some time that ALL RC races are too long. I much preffred when the Champs did NOT have the extra practice day. It was part of what made the race special. YOu got your very limited number of runs in and then BAM_qualifying started!! That was cool.

Beyond the change in what I thought was a traditional part of the Champs, theres the added cost to al competitors in extra room night, extra vaca day, etc.

I realize a race must and should make money and an extra day is more revenue for everyone involved and thats not always a bad thing (except for the racers pocket books), but again-ALL races are getting too long. Even Glorified club races are up to 3 days now requiring taking Friday off work and two hotel nights. Crazy!!

Anyways-that just my 0.02 Carry on!!
Well see we would like everyone to get as much practice as we can allow for.That being said we have 50 or so races it takes time.When we had less practice we had alot of people asking us for more and we still do.So basicly we are trying to find a balance .ways to run the race faster with less delays and so forth but with 500 guys and gals and so many 1/12th scale cars it's tight but I know i will give some heavy thought this week see what I can come up with.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Lost Aggresiva
As long as tech is more consistant than it was last year, I'll be one happy racer. Besides, I'll get to run handout motors that I'm familiar with already. I'm pleased already and it's only July.
Amen we worked really hard finding more people to help out in tech.New tech items for ride height(sp) and width.We have worked out how we want to go and how it has run in tech So that should make everyone including myself as a racer alot happier although we will be checking for more things this year then in any other year so keep that in mind also.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:02 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Rick Worth
Try this (216) 524-8050
we have the info up on the website under the hotel info page on the left side for everyone if something isn't right on the page please let me know.

http://www.indoorchamps.com/modules....showpage&pid=2

Last edited by bill941; 07-20-2006 at 02:51 PM.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
S U R G E !

Originally Posted by bill941
we have the info up on the website under the hotel info page on the left side for everyone if something is right on the page please let me know.

http://www.indoorchamps.com/modules....showpage&pid=2
Thank's Guy's
Old 07-21-2006, 05:21 PM
Tech Addict

Default US Indoor Champs 2006

We will be using RC SCORING PRO at Cleveland US Indoor Champs this year
Old 07-21-2006, 06:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MR.BILL

GReat call Mr. Bill-we love it at the Gate.

Ray
Old 07-21-2006, 06:26 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MR.BILL
This already sounds like its shaping up to be the best champs ever!! Awesome handouts, new boards for the track, the BEST Scoring software anywhere....Man Im ready for carpet season!!

EA
Old 07-21-2006, 11:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

um aren't you still in bass fishing mode?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.