Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 05:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Good in theory, but Asian companies shipping kits to the U.S. are selling V-One RRR WCs for $475 and Spadas for $245. Even on sale from U.S. dealers, the V-One is $340-400, and you still need a motor and body.

Still two completely different price points. Unless for some reason U.S dealers believe that a $275 nitro pan car won't fly with buyers. Do they think they need to sell this car for $190 for it to work? But what do dealers know? They are the same hobby shops selling ceramic horses, yo-yos and wooden trains—and we expect them to know what people want?

Yes, it's a limited market with a very limited place to race them. The cars have minimum suspension travel and would require a glass smooth surface, but people ARE bringing them into the country already. There ARE buyers for these cars, even if they are somewhat of a novelty. Probably not much more a novelty than an 1/8th scale go kart.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sammy saks
i think,kosho have a v.good market for 1/8 scale nitro onroad,that could be a reason why they dont wanna get the spada here in the u.s.it may take away some of the 1/8 scale racers buisness,
that are spending around,$1500-2000 on their cars plus all the parts,compare that to a $500-700 on the spada and cheap few parts with less mantenance to worry about,look at the popularity of the 1/12 scale electrics now compared to 10th scale,much less headaches,money and they are more fun to drive
...anyone who races 1/8 usually has a few bucks in their pocket and the cost of a Spada WILL NOT take away 1/8 business...(most guys that buy a Spada are not going to stop their 1/8 racing )...the offering of these cars will only ADD to Kyosho's bottom line..........
Old 12-02-2007, 01:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Does the Spada work well on bumpy tracks... Yes. It bounces, hops and skips... but tracks very well.

As I mentioned somewhere before... I have $700 or so invested so far (those new tires look inviting) and have replaced most of the plastic/aluminum parts with carbon fiber... added the blue head and alloy pipe. There isn't really much more that can be done (alloy bulkheads is all that come to mind). Did I need to do this to race this... No. The car is really a lot of fun ... stock. I would add the blue head, the Losi fuel tank (see page 12 of this thread) and brace the front for flex (page 11... I think) and go racing.... This can all be done for well under $100US and the car is 'da bomb.... The other $$ spent should save me .0000125 seconds per year. This is well under a decent 1/10th nitro sedan... heck... Think I have several hundred more dollars tied up in my electric TC5. It is a bargin... It is a blast... If Big K doesn't want their dealers (or themselves) to get my dollars... Fine.... Ivan gets instant payment through Paypal and delivers in three days. As I mentioned above... Why would K bring the Spada to Vegas and run some teaser laps at the 1/8th Nationals?? Was this just a mean, cruel stunt to say... The rest of the World can have this ... but you, America, won't see this at your LHS... But... run to your LHS and get our nitro dual tracked snow machine....

I am taking my Spada to the Airtronics GP. Another local is also taking his. I hope that there are others that want to show Big K that we're serious about this little rocket and want them to reconsider their 'decision' and come and run them in January.

... stepping off of soap box now.....

Last edited by Zootcapri; 12-02-2007 at 07:45 PM.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

DOES ANYONE HAVE THIS PROBLEM I SEE THE STEERING ARMS HITTING THE BULKHEAD DOES NOT LOOK LIKE THE WHEELS ARE TURNING AS FAR AS THEY SHOULD BECAUSE OF THAT I DO NOT KNOW IF THIS IS GOING TO BE A PROBLEM IM BREAKING IN THE ENGINE CAR HAS NOT BEEN ON THE TRACK

THANKS
Old 12-02-2007, 07:19 PM
Tech Addict

Steering throw travel does not need to be 100%. Set the travel so that the arm just comes to the bulkhead each way. The car will corner just fine... It may seem limiting... but, My TC5 is set at about 50% and corners tight. You just don't need the full travel that the servo may want... In fact..... I think that the only two cars I have that use all the steering travel that I can muster are the Savage and the Kyosho Inferno GT.

Remember, you are running a one way front and have four wheel drive... the car will turn in great and power out.

Last edited by Zootcapri; 12-02-2007 at 07:49 PM.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:40 PM
Tech Initiate

someone in at floyed is running this car already?
Old 12-05-2007, 02:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Check out about half way down the page
http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/products/rc/newparts.html

Sorry here it is in English
http://www.kyosho.com/eng/products/rc/newparts.html
Old 12-05-2007, 06:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bakaguyjean

yeah...I saw that yesterday also....doesn't show-up anywhere on google though.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Is this one the carbon fiber kit that you already have?

http://cgi.ebay.it/SET-TUNING-CARBON...QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited by bandi; 12-05-2007 at 02:48 PM. Reason: add pic
Old 12-05-2007, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bakaguyjean

..........what are we looking for?...........is it coming to U.S.................???
Old 12-05-2007, 09:45 AM
Tech Initiate

It will come to the US as soon as you stop asking and just order one from Ivan!

Sorry, but I am tired of all the posts that say the same thing. Kyosho America isn't listening. Just ignore them and buy one anyway. The shipping costs are very reasonable and FAST!! My last order of parts was paid for on Thursday evening and arrived at my door on Sunday morning.

Having Kyosho America bring this to the US means nothing. I live in one of the larger metropolitan areas in the country and you can't buy Kyosho products in any of the LHS's. What difference would it make if they finally brought the Spada here?

Do the smart thing and support a hobby shop, even if it is in Japan. Ivan is awesome to deal with and has been way more helpful than anyone at any of my local shops.

Seems to me the only thing stopping the Spada in the US is those that wait around for Kyosho America to get a clue. There are some here already, there is even a track owner willing to make track time at a major event for the class. Come on people, don't let a big corporation block the potential fun with their poor decisions!!!

Climbs way down off the box....

Sorry again to those that take offense, it is not my intention.

Greg
Old 12-05-2007, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks gregmuri. If you noticed, I have stepped off my soapbox for the very same reason. If anyone hasn't noticed, SteveP has not posted a thing since we started hammering him on what many of us consider lame excuses for not importing the Spada to the US. Once I get rid of a couple of cars I don't race anymore, I will being getting with Ivan and ordering one as well. It is a shame that I can't support my LHS and get it through them (I am a big supporter of my LHSs).
Old 12-05-2007, 02:05 PM
Tech Addict

I just went back several pages in this thread. The pictures that I have posted of the Losi tank mod (p. 11) has been viewed 260 times.... probably due to lack of interest in the car.

Still taking the car to Vegas in January. I hope that there are others that will come and play... if not... more wide open track for me and Dave to run our cars on.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:27 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bandi
Is this one the carbon fiber kit that you already have?

http://cgi.ebay.it/SET-TUNING-CARBON...QQcmdZViewItem

It looks very similar to the RONY chassis... that is what I have on my Spada.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:09 PM
Tech Addict

Vegas ready:
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car-carboned-spada.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.