Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD) >

2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD)

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
Will we need ROAR approved GBS bodies for the warm up race?

Kevin - to let you know... after four emails sent, I found six sources of bodies you are asking about.

I just sent you email about one location in your region.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
Kevin - to let you know... after four emails sent, I found six sources of bodies you are asking about.

I just sent you email about one location in your region.

Thank, you but my question on here is do we need to run GBS id bodies at the warm up? I have non GBS bodies now.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:07 PM
Tech Champion

The problem is the hobby shop you emailed me had the part numbers in stock. But not the bodies with 4017 on the windshield. So most bodies in a hobby shops inventory will be the old non legal version.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

I understand. (BTW, I asked them to check. There are bodies on their shelf.)

This is the situation. The GBS rules were put in place mid to late 2006, into the rule book in 2007 with an implementation date of 1/1/2008. For the Carpet Nats in March, we extended the expiration dates per the body companies request until the end of March to have bodies comply with rules over 17 months old.

The bodies have been sumitted and are on the approval list and now the MFG's are in need of supplying the quantities the racers want to purchase.

I'm told the bodies are available and will be in bigger quantities as the race approaches. Backorder issues are simply frustrating and ROAR certainly believes the body companies will understand the needs of the membership for the event at RC Hobbies.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:59 PM
Tech Champion

This is the situation. The GBS rules were put in place mid to late 2006, into the rule book in 2007 with an implementation date of 1/1/2008. For the Carpet Nats in March, we extended the expiration dates per the body companies request until the end of March to have bodies comply with rules over 17 months old.

The bodies have been sumitted and are on the approval list and now the MFG's are in need of supplying the quantities the racers want to purchase.

I'm told the bodies are available and will be in bigger quantities as the race approaches. Backorder issues are simply frustrating and ROAR certainly believes the body companies will understand the needs of the membership for the event at RC Hobbies.
Can you give me the name of the shop that has the bodies? Because I called the Hobbyplex that you wrote me had them. They had the part numbers in stock, however when I asked Jay to check on the shelf. They did not have any of the bodies with the 4017 on the windshield. Just because the shop has the part number in stock, it does not mean they have the GBS body in the bag.

What has happened up to this point is a moot point on the availablity of the bodies. At this point the sponsored driver will have a potential to get a GBS body that just works better than another GBS body. I will admit the Stratus all purpose is a body that is out and at the LHS. That body did not require changes. So the All purpose is out. However the Speed 6 and Mazda 6 are the most perfered bodies to run. I am sure you are aware that body differnces do affect the touring cars handling tremendissly. Now can a body be a difference. I believe at the National level it does.

I also tried calling you and left a voice mail.
Old 05-04-2008, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

edit

Last edited by Dawn Sanchez; 05-04-2008 at 04:15 PM.
Old 05-04-2008, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Im sure i missed it somewhere but what bodies are legal for the nats at this time?
Old 05-04-2008, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

The body list is updated on a regular basis and has all bodies currently approved per the rules.

This is the link to the list on the ROAR website. www.roarracing.com - click on 'approvals' - click on Bodies

or: http://www.roarracing.com/approvals/sbody.php

And yes, it appears there is a bigger situation than was reported by the body mfgs just a few weeks ago.

This will be looked into immediately and expect an announcement on the ROAR website within a few days.

Last edited by Dawn Sanchez; 05-04-2008 at 04:17 PM.
Old 05-04-2008, 04:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Kevin, I cannot answer to what Quinton intends to do with his own race ( Warm Up). As it is basically a club race, the rules are generally more relaxed. The GBS approved Speed 6 and Mazda 6 , from a performance perspective are no different then the previous bodies. I do not see why the legacy bodies would not be allowed for a "Warm Up" race.

You can figure out which body you want to run... then buy a GBS version when the sales channel fills. I talked to Dale last week, and he said they started filling the channel about a month ago. I know that other people from ROAR have inquired about availability also. I am sure there will be updates soon enough.

Can you give me the name of the shop that has the bodies? Because I called the Hobbyplex that you wrote me had them. They had the part numbers in stock, however when I asked Jay to check on the shelf. They did not have any of the bodies with the 4017 on the windshield. Just because the shop has the part number in stock, it does not mean they have the GBS body in the bag.

What has happened up to this point is a moot point on the availablity of the bodies. At this point the sponsored driver will have a potential to get a GBS body that just works better than another GBS body. I will admit the Stratus all purpose is a body that is out and at the LHS. That body did not require changes. So the All purpose is out. However the Speed 6 and Mazda 6 are the most perfered bodies to run. I am sure you are aware that body differnces do affect the touring cars handling tremendissly. Now can a body be a difference. I believe at the National level it does.

Old 05-04-2008, 04:53 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks Tim!
Old 05-04-2008, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Has anyone found a place to get these tires pre nats?
Old 05-04-2008, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Kevin you got pm
Old 05-05-2008, 07:15 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

First off, sorry for the delay in my response to the activity on this thread. I took the day off yesterday. I attended the TCS race in Memphis. The club did a great job with the event. This was one of the biggest TCS races in the history of the TCS series. Hoorah to the Mid-South! The Mini Class was the biggest class the TCS race has ever see. Im not sure what the final number was, but I beleive there were 7 heats and all but 1 were 12 car heats! I had a great day and this was my first official "Big Race A-Main". Hoorah Me!

Ok back to the main topic here.

Thank, you but my question on here is do we need to run GBS id bodies at the warm up? I have non GBS bodies now.
Heck no you dont have to use the newest body. This is just a weekly race that happens to have the title of "Nats Warm-up". The only reason for the title is to give the racers who have to travel a date to plan on having a few extra drivers to compete with when they do their testing here.

So, just come on down and have a little fun "grass roots style".

Also, for those planning to show up Saturday the track will be prepped and I expect to many people practicing.

The problem is the hobby shop you emailed me had the part numbers in stock. But not the bodies with 4017 on the windshield. So most bodies in a hobby shops inventory will be the old non legal version.
I've got em!

Hi Dawn! Ive got em!

Ive got em!

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Kevin, I cannot answer to what Quinton intends to do with his own race ( Warm Up). As it is basically a club race, the rules are generally more relaxed. The GBS approved Speed 6 and Mazda 6 , from a performance perspective are no different then the previous bodies. I do not see why the legacy bodies would not be allowed for a "Warm Up" race.

You can figure out which body you want to run... then buy a GBS version when the sales channel fills. I talked to Dale last week, and he said they started filling the channel about a month ago. I know that other people from ROAR have inquired about availability also. I am sure there will be updates soon enough.
Thanks for filling in Tim. Your respons is spot on. You Da Man!

Originally Posted by smoke81
Has anyone found a place to get these tires pre nats?
I will have them on May 16th. However, the only way they were able to produce, mount, package, and ship this quantity by this date was to ship them un-glued. No need to freek out though. The Nats Tires will be glued!

So, Ive got em!
Old 05-05-2008, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Q i was going to come up friday evening,is it a 2 day or seperate sat and sunday programs?i can do saturday only,could you hold a body and set of tires for me also?
Old 05-05-2008, 09:51 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by steve eaves
Q i was going to come up friday evening,is it a 2 day or seperate sat and sunday programs?i can do saturday only,could you hold a body and set of tires for me also?
Saturday is practice day only, and the race will be on Sunday.

Saturday the track will be fully prepped and I may run a couple heats for the heck of it.

On the body thing I will have to check quantities and get back to you.

You can reserve tires by calling the shop at 870-933-0479 and pay with credit card.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.