Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

Tamiya TB-03

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 12:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Although i'm telling the people in germany about you efforts in racing the TB-03 chassis, they don't believe that a shaft driven car can get a TRF / Xray in serious trouble. As well as i said that there's not an only serious thread about the TB-03 chassis in germany, there is no one who would believe that a TB-03 can challenge a TRF 415 / Xray, etc. I think there is a lot work to be done here to convince the crowds that there's something else than driving a belt driven chassis

I don't doubt that the TB-03 will make it's way later on in germany. But it always seems like if the people here need a "kick in the ass" to try something new. All i hear about this chassis here is the matter of torque steering. Nobody knows about the advantages of this chassis because barely nobody owns it.

I decided to give it a try and i just ordered a TB-03 Xanavi GT-R to show, that there's something else than belt driven chassis. To be one of the few people making this chassis famous iin Germany. I'll write my postings in two of the biggest forums in Germany to share my experience. Maybe this will help to get the people out of this belt-o-mania
Old 08-24-2009, 01:40 PM
Tech Adept

Should i buy this one or the Evo 5 ?
Will use it for drifting.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:43 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Callahan_88
Should i buy this one or the Evo 5 ?
Will use it for drifting.
this car. tub chassis is cheaper to replace than the bottom plate of an evo5.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Don't forget about the TB-03D Drift chassis. I would rather prefer a TB-03D for drifting than any TB-03 or TB evo 5. It's clear that you can get a TB-03 or an EVO5 drft-ready. But i don't think that you get a better drift car right from the start than a TB-03D.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:14 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks!
But i love the blue alu and the CF on the evo!
Old 08-24-2009, 03:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Redco,

Here is a setup for you to try. I didn't have much time to fine tune it, but hopefully it will give you a something to try that will work for you well. I didn't have access to treaded tires, so I had to use Sorex36R with no traction compound added. The car had good steering and was controllable if you wanted to stay on the throttle some in the turns. Let me know how the car does in practice and If you need to make some changes I will help you dial it in.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TB-03-balldiffcarpet-tb03.jpg  
Old 08-24-2009, 04:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Glinzo
Although i'm telling the people in germany about you efforts in racing the TB-03 chassis, they don't believe that a shaft driven car can get a TRF / Xray in serious trouble. As well as i said that there's not an only serious thread about the TB-03 chassis in germany, there is no one who would believe that a TB-03 can challenge a TRF 415 / Xray, etc. I think there is a lot work to be done here to convince the crowds that there's something else than driving a belt driven chassis

I don't doubt that the TB-03 will make it's way later on in germany. But it always seems like if the people here need a "kick in the ass" to try something new. All i hear about this chassis here is the matter of torque steering. Nobody knows about the advantages of this chassis because barely nobody owns it.

I decided to give it a try and i just ordered a TB-03 Xanavi GT-R to show, that there's something else than belt driven chassis. To be one of the few people making this chassis famous iin Germany. I'll write my postings in two of the biggest forums in Germany to share my experience. Maybe this will help to get the people out of this belt-o-mania
Hmmm well I have been doing a lot of private practice lately and have some nice video of a close to being final setup that is pretty fast When I get done editing it ( when I get time ) I will post it up on YouTube so that you can show them what the car can do. Its the first video I plan on doing to promote the car and how capable it is to the skeptical out there. 17.5 clip is done, still need to do 13.5, 10.5 and then 4 turn But have to wait till some of the races I plan on doing this year are done hehe. I am fully aware that I may completely destroy the car doing this.. But you never know till you try. But with the hop ups I have done, I have enough spares to build another TB03 so no biggie

I'm glad that you are planning to take the time to get the car more attention over there....spread the TB03 luv
Old 08-24-2009, 04:37 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Timmie
Hmmm well I have been doing a lot of private practice lately and have some nice video of a close to being final setup that is pretty fast When I get done editing it ( when I get time ) I will post it up on YouTube so that you can show them what the car can do. Its the first video I plan on doing to promote the car and how capable it is to the skeptical out there. 17.5 clip is done, still need to do 13.5, 10.5 and then 4 turn But have to wait till some of the races I plan on doing this year are done hehe. I am fully aware that I may completely destroy the car doing this.. But you never know till you try. But with the hop ups I have done, I have enough spares to build another TB03 so no biggie

I'm glad that you are planning to take the time to get the car more attention over there....spread the TB03 luv
post the link for the 17.5 video!
Old 08-24-2009, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
i wont hold my breath. im still waiting for my Fantom stickers. [/end verbal abuse]

yah your car looked like a 13.5 on sat.

I had Fantom Stickers with me!

You thought it was fast Saturday you should have seen it Sunday....

(Nitro TC lap times 12.7-8, 10.5 TC lap times 12.6-7...my RCGT lap times........ 12.4-12.6 )
Old 08-24-2009, 08:51 PM
tns
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
I had Fantom Stickers with me!

You thought it was fast Saturday you should have seen it Sunday....

(Nitro TC lap times 12.7-8, 10.5 TC lap times 12.6-7...my RCGT lap times........ 12.4-12.6 )
Wow that's impressive pace from the EP cars...I was given the impression in the past that generally 3-4T motors were needed to keep up with nitro cars. Is this actually not the case? Or does the layout of the track play a significant factor (I'd imagine perhaps a tight twisty track would suit EP cars better...)?
Old 08-24-2009, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Timmie

Timmie, I plan to do the exact same thing! Maybe not Mod, but definately 10.5 for out door and i want to run 13.5 with some of the "Big Boys" this winter.

TB03; "Give 'em the SHAFT!"

Jimmy W
Old 08-24-2009, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tns
Wow that's impressive pace from the EP cars...I was given the impression in the past that generally 3-4T motors were needed to keep up with nitro cars. Is this actually not the case? Or does the layout of the track play a significant factor (I'd imagine perhaps a tight twisty track would suit EP cars better...)?

The Nitro cars are faster down the straight (though they have 2 speeds). The infield is where the EP cars eat them up!
Old 08-24-2009, 10:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Jimmy, I don't think the car matters anymore to you lol. The R35 body is one that I will definitely try. Here's what I'm going to run in the TCS. Please don't mind the messy desk .
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TB-03-350r.jpg  
Old 08-25-2009, 06:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Default tb-03 universals

hin guys,

which length of universals should i use (Balldiff)? the manual say's 51092 46mm universals. but the tb-03d manual say's 54078 44mm universals. is there any difference between the normal tb-03 and the drift spec? and i'm planning to get a spool in the front, which universal's should i get in this case?

which pinion would you suggset for an team orion revolution 12t motor with tamiya 0.4 spur gear?

thanks in advance
Old 08-25-2009, 06:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jdmcoupe86
hin guys,

which length of universals should i use (Balldiff)? the manual say's 51092 46mm universals. but the tb-03d manual say's 54078 44mm universals. is there any difference between the normal tb-03 and the drift spec? and i'm planning to get a spool in the front, which universal's should i get in this case?

which pinion would you suggset for an team orion revolution 12t motor with tamiya 0.4 spur gear?

thanks in advance
44mm is the one you want to get. I bought the 46mm ones when I originally built the car and it puts the dogbone end way too deep in the diff outdrives (especially with a spool up front...it binds a bit) in the rear, if you plan on upgrading to the aluminum diff, which allows you to run the blades, then the 44mm is the one you need (46mm will be too long again)

Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.