Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
CRC's New Generation-X.... Your Thoughts? >

CRC's New Generation-X.... Your Thoughts?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CRC's New Generation-X.... Your Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 07:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

i just purchased a brand new gen x last weekend, while trying to fit the right rear wheel bearings on i had a heck of a time, upon inspection i found that the axle has a crack in it and is ever so slightly over size where the threads were inserted, is this going to be a problem?
Old 12-13-2007, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by skypilot
i just purchased a brand new gen x last weekend, while trying to fit the right rear wheel bearings on i had a heck of a time, upon inspection i found that the axle has a crack in it and is ever so slightly over size where the threads were inserted, is this going to be a problem?
If you mean the axle has a crack where the stud for the diff nut goes, it may not be a problem right away but it could weaken and pull the stud out later. You should send the axle in for a replacement. Don't worry, CRC stands behind their products 100%.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

What gauge wire are you guys using to wire your speedos and motors (brushed)?
Is there a way to use the heavier wire without binding up the chassis?
The small gauge stuff looks so weak!

Thanks for all of the help.

-Steve
Old 12-13-2007, 11:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bsmooth
What gauge wire are you guys using to wire your speedos and motors (brushed)?
Is there a way to use the heavier wire without binding up the chassis?
The small gauge stuff looks so weak!

Thanks for all of the help.

-Steve
you only need 18G for 1/12
16 is ok bigger is just a waist.
brushed or BL
Old 12-14-2007, 05:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sorry Frank. Jack told me he made them for you.

Originally Posted by Team CRC
Just a quick correction here...

Jaco does not make the foam for CRC tires. In fact, I'm very sure that Jaco does not make the foam for Jaco tires. CRC, GRP, Parma, BSR and Jaco all get foam that originates from the same factory in Japan.

CRC pioneered the big wheel craze that has now been "implemented" by every other manufacturer. Our Pro Cuts have won Regional, National and World Championships.

When comparing to other brands, CRC front wheels have a slightly larger OD. It also appears that our wheels are a bit more stiff than the rest. Another nice feature is the design of he rear wheel puts additional bracing around the mounting area. We like to think that this design allows our rear wheels take hit better than other wheels.

With our new, more efficient mounting and truing, a few months ago, CRC drastically lowered the price of the tires to distributors allowing them to sell to the dealers cheaper. We hope that dealers pass this savings on to the final consumer. As tires stock moves through the system, we are beginning to see prices on the Pro Cuts drop to the sub $12 range.

Best tires, great price. But of course I am biased!

Thanks,
Frank
Old 12-14-2007, 09:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SRW141
Sorry Frank. Jack told me he made them for you.
No problem, thanks for support. We appreciate it.
Old 12-14-2007, 05:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by odpurple
If you mean the axle has a crack where the stud for the diff nut goes, it may not be a problem right away but it could weaken and pull the stud out later. You should send the axle in for a replacement. Don't worry, CRC stands behind their products 100%.
thanks for responding, OD, umm probably met you at nats, i'm a friend of Jb's
Old 12-14-2007, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by skypilot
thanks for responding, OD, umm probably met you at nats, i'm a friend of Jb's
any friend of Mr. Bee.....
Old 12-15-2007, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I just got to say that the more I drive this car the more I like it. Well, I think it is a 1/12th scale thing in general, but this just happens to be the car I am driving. I do have a few questions; my rollout is 40.88mm, tight tech track (40'x60'), Co27 motor comes off the track at 145 F. Good, not good? I am also having problems with the diff, it seems to pick up a lot of carpet and get inside the diff rings sometimes requires a rebuild before the main, but it is something I am doing as others are not having the same problem. Are ceramic diff balls worth it?
Old 12-15-2007, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by trilerian
I just got to say that the more I drive this car the more I like it. Well, I think it is a 1/12th scale thing in general, but this just happens to be the car I am driving. I do have a few questions; my rollout is 40.88mm, tight tech track (40'x60'), Co27 motor comes off the track at 145 F. Good, not good? I am also having problems with the diff, it seems to pick up a lot of carpet and get inside the diff rings sometimes requires a rebuild before the main, but it is something I am doing as others are not having the same problem. Are ceramic diff balls worth it?
ceramic balls are good
and you only need a little pit of lub on the balls,dont over do it.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
ceramic balls are good
and you only need a little pit of lub on the balls,dont over do it.
you said "lube on da balls"
Old 12-15-2007, 01:10 PM
Tech Adept

Where do you get the ceramic balls from? In Mod, I am having to rebuild it every 3-4 runs, I think it's the rings. I can just flip the rings over, and it's good again... In 19T and stock the kit rings/balls hold up just fine. Any input would be appreciated.
Old 12-15-2007, 01:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by trilerian
I am also having problems with the diff, it seems to pick up a lot of carpet and get inside the diff rings sometimes requires a rebuild before the main
If you use Kimbrough spur gears, they do diff covers for them...
Attached Thumbnails CRC's New Generation-X.... Your Thoughts?-th_on_road_racing_64no2.jpg   CRC's New Generation-X.... Your Thoughts?-th_kimc1140.jpg  
Old 12-15-2007, 02:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by aaron_buran
Where do you get the ceramic balls from? In Mod, I am having to rebuild it every 3-4 runs, I think it's the rings. I can just flip the rings over, and it's good again... In 19T and stock the kit rings/balls hold up just fine. Any input would be appreciated.
Get a http://www.slapmastertools.com/101-1...iff-thrust.php and your diff lasts a while even with the carbide balls.
Old 12-15-2007, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jarkkom
Get a http://www.slapmastertools.com/101-1...iff-thrust.php and your diff lasts a while even with the carbide balls.
you can get high end cermamicz from Team Axiom...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.