Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Glitching Woes...  (any help appreciated... :)  ) >

Glitching Woes... (any help appreciated... :) )

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Glitching Woes... (any help appreciated... :) )

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default Glitching Woes... (any help appreciated... :) )

I need some help with a glitching problem that has plagued me on my new car. I bought a losi buggy (yes, I know this is the electric forum, but it is the most active forum). Since I got it, I've been having glitching problems. At first, it was just a little glitches here and there, so I switched the radio system. At first I was using a futaba am radio, but I switched to a JR FM radio. The glitching continued, so I thought it might be the speed control. I switched the speed control also and the glitching continued.

I have had glitching problems before, but none has been this bad. Usually, my glitching has been when I'm out running the car on the track and I lose control of it. however,this time the glitching occurred when the car wasn't even moving and it was only a foot away for me. I would turn the wheels and the servo would go to one end and jiggle back-and-forth. So, I thought it was the servo. I replaced the servo also and that didn't fix the problem. The new servo did the same thing. So, I decided it must be the motor. I replaced the motor also, and the glitching continued.

What are some of the causes of glitching? I have tried everything electrical to fix this problem and no matter what I do it won't go away.

Thanks,
Erik
Old 12-26-2005, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Are you running a plastic or graphite chassis? If graphite don't let your antenna wire touch it. Some people drill a small hole in their antenna tube above where it mounts in the chassis, and run it thru there so they can completely keep it off the chassis.

Is your motor nice and clean, and does it have capacitors on it? If no on the capacitors then you'll need to get some.

Make sure all crystals are pushed fully in. That's about it for my suggestions besides making sure your radio batts are fully charged.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:35 AM
Tech Regular

Smile

Hi Killer89. Trying installing the Yokomo Noise Killer Kit. I have a Airtronics MX-3S that used to glitch quite a bit. Once I installed the kit it helped out alot. It comes with a pretty large ferrite magnet, but SoCal sells a smaller pill type magnet that works just fine. Here is a link to it at SpeedTechRC.com

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...nid=64&id=2193

Hope it helps :-)
Old 12-26-2005, 11:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jbrow1
Are you running a plastic or graphite chassis? If graphite don't let your antenna wire touch it. Some people drill a small hole in their antenna tube above where it mounts in the chassis, and run it thru there so they can completely keep it off the chassis.

Is your motor nice and clean, and does it have capacitors on it? If no on the capacitors then you'll need to get some.

Make sure all crystals are pushed fully in. That's about it for my suggestions besides making sure your radio batts are fully charged.

graphite chassis. did the antennae trick... motor with built in caps... crystals in...
Old 12-26-2005, 11:51 AM
Tech Master

btw: what exactally is that noise thing? worst comes to worst, ill have to do that...
Old 12-26-2005, 11:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Get a Spectrum!!...........that's it!!.......Problem solved.

..............Happy Holidays!!
Old 12-26-2005, 11:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

try taking alluminum foil, double face tape it to your receiver and then double face it to the chassi. you may also try putting some capacitors on you motor. hope this helps
Old 12-26-2005, 12:00 PM
Tech Adept

Check your motor brushes and make sure they are not overly worn. Try moving your RX around. Also, open up your RX and make sure there is no dirt inside.
Old 12-26-2005, 12:07 PM
Tech Champion

Sources of glitches :

1. 0.1uF Motor capacitors are not installed or internally damaged. ---> Replace with new ones and wire like these: Positive to Motor Can, Negative to Motor Can, Positive to Negative.
2. Antenna wire touch the chassis or it touches motor power cable. ---> Insulate the antenna wire with heat shrink tube twice where it touches.
3. Weak or unstable BEC power from ESC. ---> Replace ESC and/or add 1000uF capacitor to ESC's battery positive and negative.
4. Crystal is damage ( unlikely ).
5. Receiver reception is dirty ( too much unwanted freq. ) ---> Insulate / cover receiver box with alluminium foil.
6. Location where you stand is sux ---> change standing location.
7. Yokomo Noise Killer Kit advised by jw92656
8. Receiver is near the motor or motor power cable ---> insulate with alluminium foil or change RX location,

If all the above fail, your receiver is damaged.
Old 12-26-2005, 01:26 PM
Tech Regular

if you have a personel transponder..unplug it and see if that helps. i have a ko servo that doesn't like the personal. i just had to move it.
also double layer the servo tape for your receiver. fresh wiring helps sometimes. you said you changed radios but did you change crystals?
Old 12-26-2005, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ntensweapon
if you have a personel transponder..unplug it and see if that helps. i have a ko servo that doesn't like the personal. i just had to move it.
also double layer the servo tape for your receiver. fresh wiring helps sometimes. you said you changed radios but did you change crystals?

no PT on the car right now...

I changed from Fut. AM to JR FM, so yes the crystals & receiver changed...

I just tried out another reciever (airtronics) and its better, but still some glitching...

1. "0.1uF Motor capacitors are not installed or internally damaged. ---> Replace with new ones and wire like these: Positive to Motor Can, Negative to Motor Can, Positive to Negative.">>>>> caps are built in (epic stock) and brand new motor.

2. "Antenna wire touch the chassis or it touches motor power cable. ---> Insulate the antenna wire with heat shrink tube twice where it touches.">>>>> ant. not touching to chassis or power wires...

3. "Weak or unstable BEC power from ESC. ---> Replace ESC and/or add 1000uF capacitor to ESC's battery positive and negative.">>>>> far stretch maybe, but i doubt it. its a LRP V7.1

4. "Crystal is damage ( unlikely )" >>>>> changed crystals

5. "Receiver reception is dirty ( too much unwanted freq. ) ---> Insulate / cover receiver box with alluminium foil." >>>>> changed receiver brands, will try foil 2nd to last...

6. "Location where you stand is sux ---> change standing location.">>>>>> LOL... standing in different locations... glitching REALLY BAD at track, and glitches at my house...

7. "Yokomo Noise Killer Kit advised by jw92656">>>>> will try very last...

8. "Receiver is near the motor or motor power cable ---> insulate with alluminium foil or change RX location">>>>> nope... losi buggy...
Old 12-26-2005, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Sometimes a bad cell will cause glitching. Pretty rare but I have seen it happen.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

try this .. putting 3 pieces of double side tape to your reciever and speed control ... it will help insulate your electronics and has done me well for alot of years ... give it a try ...
Old 12-26-2005, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

What model of JR radio do you use? I've had problems with the Jr XS3 and XR2i. They can be made to not glitch, but it's usually much less hassle to get a better radio. You can find a Airtronics M8 for very low prices, and get a new spektrum system. You can usually get that setup for under $250.
Old 12-26-2005, 06:07 PM
Tech Master

I have an m8... It was still glitching the last time I tried it on this car, but i've changed things since then... ill try the m8 tomorrow again...

ill try the tape too...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.