Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
What's so funny??
Old 05-15-2007, 03:42 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
To be honest I think that stiffening the car is bad thing for traction roll issues and that is were most people go wrong. the car flips because the suspension is so hard that the chassis can not roll and instead just flips. you need more chassis roll to help the traction roll issue. IMO you can make the car soften or I like to take off a sway bar, most of the time the front. the harder tires and roll center position is also key and yes you do want to take traction away from the front to help.
I think what is trying to be said is with stiffer springs the car reacts faster and the car traction rolls violently. When you soften the car it make the chassis react more slowly and will help stop traction rolls.

Paul Rush
Old 05-15-2007, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
What's so funny??
more roll you have the more traction roll you will get , thats why in carpet foam the cars are stiff as shi%
Old 05-15-2007, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
What's so funny??
his post
Old 05-15-2007, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

more roll you have the more traction roll you will get , thats why in carpet foam the cars are stiff as shi%
Thats is why I put IMO and trust me my help is not meant to be funny. Did not know we were talking carpet. Sorry!!!! Also More roll does not mean more traction roll. Have a nice day
Old 05-15-2007, 04:17 PM
Tech Regular

DJ, dont you know that NITRO ON-ROAD is almost exclusively exicuted on carpet ! LMFAO
Old 05-15-2007, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator

Thats is why I put IMO and trust me my help is not meant to be funny. Did not know we were talking carpet. Sorry!!!! Also More roll does not mean more traction roll. Have a nice day
he didnt state that it was asphalt either
Old 05-15-2007, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 427 COBRA
DJ, dont you know that NITRO ON-ROAD is almost exclusively exicuted on carpet ! LMFAO
must be all hte nitro fumes that you guys are inhailing

see you at adrenaline next month
Old 05-15-2007, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

must be all hte nitro fumes that you guys are inhailing

see you at adrenaline next month
We are in a nitro onroad forum.

I have found that stiffer front springs usually make a traction rolling problem worse. I have tried stiff, stiffer, super stiff, etc. I have never tried going softer, but stiffer has never been that effective at eliminating traction rolling. Maybe I will try going softer, but the tire size has been very effective. (Something they do in carpet)

There are things to try, but I have found harder front tires with a smaller diameter (less sidewall) is the best method to get rid of traction rolling issues. If you lose too much steering, then try a softer shore tire at the smaller diameter.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

I also agree that going stiff to super stiff is not always the ways to go, it can be hard to know what exactly to do in all conditions as the setups on the car are not always the same so the solution is not always the same.

One thing that nobody has mentioned yet that works is if you are not at max. width yet, you can try widening the car, this works well sometimes. An example would be in 1/8th sometimes to get steering at one track you might be narrow in the front. By going to a wider width front end its harder for it to roll and also can produce a more stable car also.

Steve
Old 05-15-2007, 07:35 PM
Regional Moderator

go with lower shock oil and softer spring, i even tried to use EP springs for front with great result.

wider front track width also helps a lot
Old 05-15-2007, 08:10 PM
Tech Champion

To be honest I think that stiffening the car is bad thing for traction roll inssues and that is were most people go wrong. the car flips because the suspension is so hard that the chassis can not roll and instead just flips. you need more chassis roll to help the traction roll issue. IMO you can make the car soften or I like to take off a sway bar, most of the time the front. the harder tires and roll center postition is also key and yes you do want to take traction away fron the front to help.
That's right.

This is what I had experience with MTX3. I use harder springs before and it still traction roll on some corners. Until someday ......... I decided to use softer spring at front ( 1.6 purple mugen ), 200mm width, shave front tires to 63mm diameter, and VOILA !!! Surprisingly the traction roll become so much less frequent than before.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:40 PM
Tech Champion

Opinions are like A/Holes , everybody has one.................

Just try what some people have said from both sides of the fence and report back here at what worked for you O/K?...............
Old 05-15-2007, 09:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default ride height setup

1) 1/10 GP front/rear general ride height setup in 5 minutes race

2) 1/10 GP front/rear general ride height setup in 30~45 minutes race.

3) to avoid traction roll, how can ride height change?
Old 05-15-2007, 09:57 PM
Tech Regular

I've been told you can also reduce traction roll by limiting the uptravel of the suspension (droop).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.