Community
Wiki Posts
Search

knocking noises, and constaint repairs

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 07:17 AM
Tech Adept

Angry knocking noises, and constaint repairs

ok so i left my Tl01 in the cupboard as it made a constiant knocking/tapping noise, i had stripped that down and found a bit of grit in a gears tooth tokk it out but the noise persisted. i checked the driveshafts, dog bones hubs and bearings, and nothing all looked fine. I finnaly fixed the problem by taking the bearing out that fits on the inside of the chassis and replacing it with a plastic one lol, that didnt fix the problem it meerley made it quiet enough not to bover me.

So i thought my new tt01 would be fine?? well that idea was short lived afetr one run in a playground and one run indoors the car started a knocking noise when steering to the left, the noise appeared to be from the front left wheel.

So stripped it down used wd40 to clean the parts, ie bearings, dog bones, knuckles diff etc etc!!!!

re greased with what i had left but the diff on the front seems louder than the front when i spin the wheels???

so what could be the cause of the tl01 and why do i seem to have so many problems?? i dont run the cars hard and havent crashed the tt01 so why so many problems.
i ussually get one run then the next run i get a fault fix it then same again is this normal???
Old 08-29-2006, 07:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

SOunds to me for the TT01, like the dogbone is coming out of the drive cup (on one side) under full lock. Test it my turning full left and turning the wheel while watching the dogbone.

If can be fixed by reducing the End Point of your radio.

As for the TL-01 I don't know.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:25 AM
Tech Champion

Do you notice is more on full steering lock?

My guess is a driveshaft is bent,bearings worn so causing slop,or something on the steering assembly is loose.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:41 PM
Tech Adept

Unhappy

ok well the front knuckle tht was wher the noise was coming from just broke, and thts after 3 runs!!!!!!!!!

it broke wher the screw goes down from the susspension arms into the knuckle so now i dont know whether tht was the original problem or wther its a new problem, i might jus go buy a nikko cos i had one for year threw it everywhere tossed it around and the only thing that gave was the battery after 2-3 years
Old 08-29-2006, 02:03 PM
Tech Addict

Yes but unlike the Nikko you can simply replace the part on the TL-01 and you are back up and running at a much lower cost, plus you can use your radio gear and other parts etc. Where as the Nikko is basically a disposable item and will have to be replaced as a whole. Also there is the option of hop-ups which last time I checked wasn't one with the Nikko. But to each his own, do you want a hobby grade car or a toy grade both have there purposes and it is up to the user to decide what's best for them.

Also you may have your servo set too far on the end points so you are getting some binding. Switching universals would also help.
Old 08-29-2006, 03:10 PM
Tech Adept

Lightbulb

hey tht could be it how do i stop my servo going so far its a cheap acoms servo and my controller is an acoms techniplus tht could be the answer.

related to the nikko i know they are toy cars but it makes me so mad to know the nikko lasted 3 years without a glitch and yet 3 runs of a tt01 and a fault, and i treated the nikko very gently, it just seems these cars are easily damged and should be made a little stronger ie from alloy parts