Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2910Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 03:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PaintVagrant
Hey guys, another question about getting our f1 class off the ground. We want to run a spec tire and wheel. I cant seem to find any available mounted tires w/wheel, but what Im wondering is if the HPI f10 wheels are compatible with the tamiya/3racing hubs.

I guess the other option is running the tamiya tires and wheels, but if they dont fit the HPI then we will have the same issue, just in reverse.
Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Tamiya's foam tire rims, and rubber tire rims use the same mounting. And I believe HPI sells option parts for the F10 to run tamiya foam tires. So I would assume that means Tamiya rubber would also work......? I think.

I would just go in my basement and find out for you, but I don't have those option parts for my F10.

But if it is in fact true then thats really the only option to run a spec tire and still be allow the HPI to run.

Correct away F1 guru's!
Old 11-02-2010, 03:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yeah Ive got a couple of f103's here(Ill be running one in the class when we get it rolling) and the hubs arent hex style like the HPI. Ill check the HPI site out for those adapters, that would really simplify the whole thing! Thanks dude, are you going to make it up to the track soon?
Old 11-02-2010, 04:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yeah Ive got a couple of f103's here(Ill be running one in the class when we get it rolling) and the hubs arent hex style like the HPI. Ill check the HPI site out for those adapters, that would really simplify the whole thing! Thanks dude, are you going to make it up to the track soon?
I'm hopeing to have my VTA together by this weekend so hopefully I can get some practice in. I have my F104 that I just have a silver can in I could run, but my F10 is still in the box, lol.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:55 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Mr P!nk
Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Tamiya's foam tire rims, and rubber tire rims use the same mounting. And I believe HPI sells option parts for the F10 to run tamiya foam tires. So I would assume that means Tamiya rubber would also work......? I think.

I would just go in my basement and find out for you, but I don't have those option parts for my F10.

But if it is in fact true then thats really the only option to run a spec tire and still be allow the HPI to run.

Correct away F1 guru's!
The F103 rims for rubber tires have channels for the tire to glue into like normal TC rubber tire rims. The F104 has an odd system...at either rate neither use the foam tire rims by design...it might be possible to do but not how they are sold.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Hey guys, another question about getting our f1 class off the ground. We want to run a spec tire and wheel. I cant seem to find any available mounted tires w/wheel, but what Im wondering is if the HPI f10 wheels are compatible with the tamiya/3racing hubs.

I guess the other option is running the tamiya tires and wheels, but if they dont fit the HPI then we will have the same issue, just in reverse.
F10 wheels will not go on 103/104.

You can buy parts for the F10 to use 103/104 wheels, but it is expensive.

If you set the 103 up like a f103GT, it might be able to use F10 wheels, but that would depend on the wheel diameter and clearances.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by robk
F10 wheels will not go on 103/104.

You can buy parts for the F10 to use 103/104 wheels, but it is expensive.

If you set the 103 up like a f103GT, it might be able to use F10 wheels, but that would depend on the wheel diameter and clearances.
Using the clamp hubs, right?
Old 11-02-2010, 08:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Using the clamp hubs, right?
I don't know what you mean by clamp hubs. The F10 and touring cars both use the standard 12mm hex. The rear of the 103 and 104 are like a 16mm hex or something like that, the fronts are straight axles taking wheels with bearings.

The F103GT had parts to use 12mm hex wheels, but that may or may not work for you due to clearances on the wheels. . Either way, somebody has to buy a bunch of parts. Have you thought to look and see if one manufacturer offers different tires in the same compound to fit the different rims?
Old 11-02-2010, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vyger
DIIINNNG DOOONNNG.....McLaren here!

Just got this in today. This should be fun.
Is there a body set out yet for that kit or do you need to buy the kit to get it?
Old 11-02-2010, 08:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by A-Ko
Is there a body set out yet for that kit or do you need to buy the kit to get it?
To my understanding there will be...however...I'm not sure when it will be out...same time as the kit?...or after the kit?

Tamiya's website from Japan has it listed from the Tokyo Hobby show a couple of weeks back.

51430 1/10 SCALE R/C Vodafone McLaren Mercedes MP4-24 BODY PARTS SET

I hope this helps.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

I don't know what you mean by clamp hubs. The F10 and touring cars both use the standard 12mm hex. The rear of the 103 and 104 are like a 16mm hex or something like that, the fronts are straight axles taking wheels with bearings.

The F103GT had parts to use 12mm hex wheels, but that may or may not work for you due to clearances on the wheels. . Either way, somebody has to buy a bunch of parts. Have you thought to look and see if one manufacturer offers different tires in the same compound to fit the different rims?
Thats what Im trying to find, similar sized wheels with the same compounds. But yeah, I meant the touring car 12mm hexes being added to the front axles of the f103.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

It's not practical. HPI, F103 and F104 includes all different wheels. It would be simpler just to spec rubber tires only for instance.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by MikeR
It's not practical. HPI, F103 and F104 includes all different wheels. It would be simpler just to spec rubber tires only for instance.
Thats what it is sounding like, I just hope we can figure out some compounds that are similar.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Vyger
To my understanding there will be...however...I'm not sure when it will be out...same time as the kit?...or after the kit?

Tamiya's website from Japan has it listed from the Tokyo Hobby show a couple of weeks back.

51430 1/10 SCALE R/C Vodafone McLaren Mercedes MP4-24 BODY PARTS SET

I hope this helps.
Yes it does, thanks for the part#.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:09 PM
Tech Champion

I don't know what you mean by clamp hubs.
I think he is talking about the hex hubs that clamp onto the axle. They are standard TC size. Can't remember what I saw them on.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
I think he is talking about the hex hubs that clamp onto the axle. They are standard TC size. Can't remember what I saw them on.
Good guess, but not correct
Tamiya released a left side clamp on hub for the 104. It gets rid of the wheel stopper and tube and integrates them into one piece. That piece clamps on the axle instead of being locked in with a set screw
Its blue and pretty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.