Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Engine Wars Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 02:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by loosenut
Sorry, I know it's a weird question but I'm trying to decide on an engine for my mtx-3 lately and have been confused by all the brands.

Has anyone tried the v12 RB here? Were could you buy the rody version? Can't find them anywhere!

Gary
Just F.Y.I. www.justrc.com has NSR series and Max Power, I am pretty sure he can get you Rody if that's what you want! email him
Old 10-15-2003, 02:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yea $$ no issue...hehe

My club allows only 3 - port Roar legal (non-turbo) engines...

G

Originally posted by Ah10
Gary, Novarossi is a maker, Novamega is one of the engine line from Novarossi engines. and Novamax is a Novarossi base engine but it is a hand modified engine by Massimo Fantini. I think the correct name for Novamax is Max Power. some ppl call it novamax is because it is a nova base engine kind of like merge 2 words together.

Now RS12 and NS12, they are both Novarossi engines but the NS is a newer version and the RS is the older version.

I dont know much about the V12 engine but I have seen a few Rody X12 5 port died a few times, crank pin was wearing out to fast, less then 3~4 gallons. But the Rody X12 is very powerful on the bottom end and top end kind of like an on/off switch and it is very hard to control the power.

If $$ is not an object then I would suggest Max power, and if you are ok on $$ then I would suggest NSR series, NSR12 S3 or NSR12 S5 (depends on your club rules). And if you are on a tight budget then get the STS D5.

Hope that would help!
Old 10-15-2003, 02:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Just F.Y.I. www.justrc.com has NSR series and Max Power, I am pretty sure he can get you Rody if that's what you want! email him
Checked out their site..but I don't see any engine sections? Did a search..nothing...thx.

G
Old 10-15-2003, 02:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by loosenut
Checked out their site..but I don't see any engine sections? Did a search..nothing...thx.

G
Email him, [email protected]

if you local club rules is 3 port non turbo and $$ is not an object then I would suggest Max Power 3 ports you will not be disappointed
Old 10-15-2003, 03:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Default NS13 S3 JP

how do you remove the venturi from the NS13 S3 JP. It seems cramed in the carb pretty tight. Should i just keep pulling it?
Old 10-15-2003, 03:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Email him, [email protected]

if you local club rules is 3 port non turbo and $$ is not an object then I would suggest Max Power 3 ports you will not be disappointed
Hey thx for the advice. Hows availability of parts for this engine??

G
Old 10-16-2003, 07:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey is there any truth that next year ROAR will allow turbo engines? I emailed justrc and he said that his shop doesn't carry any none turbo engines and that next year roar might allow for turbo engines....

g

Last edited by loosenut; 10-16-2003 at 07:54 AM.
Old 10-16-2003, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi guys. If anybody can tell me where is track in LasVegas? Don't want to go there and look for half a day.
Thx a lot.
Old 10-16-2003, 08:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Hi guys. If anybody can tell me where is track in LasVegas? Don't want to go there and look for half a day.
Thx a lot.
You plan to go to Vegas without me? Thought we plan to drink the Smirnoff till we both drop death.
Old 10-16-2003, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by eddiethefish
You plan to go to Vegas without me? Thought we plan to drink the Smirnoff till we both drop death.
Man, no I was hopping you will be there. About Smirnoff, I don't think you can handle that amount:
Any way it will be nice to see you there.
I will be at CP next Saturday, I hope you will be there. We got something to work on-remember?
Old 10-16-2003, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Post Nova P/S sets sneak info...

Hi:

Just for a future reference, because seems to have a big possibity of coexist during long time two types of 'S3' P/S on Nova engines. Here's how to tell who is who.

Case 1: 'Old S3'. Sleeve is the same in the two cases, but the main difference is the piston. In this case the piston is made from a solid billet. This is the machined piston that actually exists and comes standard on RS12 S3 and NS12 S3 engines.

Case 2: 'Dark Piston'. Main difference on the piston is the way this is created. In this case the piston is cast (like the old S1 pistons), but alloy composition is much improved and withstands much higher temperatures - on the old S1 engines anything over 140ºC and the piston was shot. Those pistons holds without a sweat 'normal' operating temps of 155 and 160ºC (trust me - have a pair of those sleeves and is a bitch to break-in but holds the temp like a champ).

Those pistons were known as the 'Dark pistons' but are the same that Novamega uses on their MCP (Micro Cast Piston) engine line. This are used on NSR line of engines, and the unique difference is the piston type, not be fooled by different timing arrangements and other B/S, the main difference is the piston, nothing more nothing less.

A way to tell if is an S1 or a 'Dark Piston' when is assembled is to see the different (darker color) and the two oil rings vs. the only one oil ring that was equipped the S1 P/S.

Now probably people ask which works better? Answer: the two are fine. S3 will be fine for Cold and medium temperatures (up to 30ºC air temps). Anything over this, the dark pistons will perform better.

BTW: The new RR12L will be equipped with the Dark piston (shhhh! don't ask me how I know... surely will tell you but will need to kill you after telling you ).
Old 10-16-2003, 11:16 AM

Top Gun 777...
http://www.4acesracing.com/paris/Silverbowl_map.jpg
Old 10-16-2003, 11:18 AM

Las Vegas Silver Bowl
6800 E Russell Road
Las Vegas, NV 89122
Old 10-16-2003, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Suradaj
Top Gun 777...
http://www.4acesracing.com/paris/Silverbowl_map.jpg
Thank you very much for direction.
Old 10-16-2003, 05:17 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Nova P/S sets sneak info...

The Novamega MCP that I've seen have only one oil ring. These were the MS version.

Do you know if the timing on the MCP and the NS are the same??

Originally posted by Corse-R
Hi:

Those pistons were known as the 'Dark pistons' but are the same that Novamega uses on their MCP (Micro Cast Piston) engine line. This are used on NSR line of engines, and the unique difference is the piston type, not be fooled by different timing arrangements and other B/S, the main difference is the piston, nothing more nothing less.

A way to tell if is an S1 or a 'Dark Piston' when is assembled is to see the different (darker color) and the two oil rings vs. the only one oil ring that was equipped the S1 P/S.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.