Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Take a look at the same photo magnified. It looks like someone took and doctored the pic behind the front wheel. also notice the rear shock tower! That thing is LOW....
By the looks of the pictures, the car looks like it could be a 4wd pan car

also, I didn't know they changed the rules. If that is the case with the hole, all the cars now would be illegal.
Attached Thumbnails Xray NT1-nt1.jpg   Xray NT1-nt1a.jpg  
Old 01-06-2007, 12:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer
His hole in the window is illlegal. It cannot intersect the roof and the front window. It has to be all in the front window. I am sure the car is gonna be at least a second a lap slower when they make it legal.
Dude, the way I understand the rules for the front hole is as follows... 60mm max diameter, it can go above the window line...however the window must have at least 50% of the hole on it. I got this from the ROAR handbook for USA. Might have different rules around the world? Not too sure.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

His hole in the window is illlegal. It cannot intersect the roof and the front window. It has to be all in the front window. I am sure the car is gonna be at least a second a lap slower when they make it legal.
2006 IFMAR WORLDS

So this hole is illegal.

Keisuke Fukuda's car

Masao Tanaka
Old 01-06-2007, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I know a little over a year ago, a certain SoCal track caused me to have to buy a new body when mine didn't pass teck because of this. Maybe the rules have changed since 2005. I have not looked at it in the 06 or 07 book.
Old 01-06-2007, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

I guess it has changed, I looked it up and the wording has changed.
Old 01-06-2007, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpentd
Dude, the way I understand the rules for the front hole is as follows... 60mm max diameter, it can go above the window line...however the window must have at least 50% of the hole on it. I got this from the ROAR handbook for USA. Might have different rules around the world? Not too sure.
You are correct with your interpretation. Also, if you have the traditional 60mm hole cut into your front windshield, you can add a 30mm hole also but it has to be right above the fuel tank opening and is to be used for a refueling gun only. On most chassis, this hole would be directly on the roof.
Old 01-06-2007, 05:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JLock
You are correct with your interpretation. Also, if you have the traditional 60mm hole cut into your front windshield, you can add a 30mm hole also but it has to be right above the fuel tank opening and is to be used for a refueling gun only. On most chassis, this hole would be directly on the roof.
Thank you VERY much for the update! I am pleased to hear the info about the 30mm hole for the fuel gun. Well, at least my pit man will be happy. I appreciate your feedback bro! Again, thank you very much my friend!
Old 01-06-2007, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

At the worlds the rule was that you could have a 60mm hole in the front window and up to 50mm hole in the roof for fuel gun etc.
Or you could have just the 1 hole in the window and roof only.
They were the only 2 options that i can remember though.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:05 AM
afm
Tech Master

This is what IFMAR has in its tech book

5.15 Only the following air holes and sizes are permitted in the bodyshells:
One (1) cooling hole may be cut in the front windscreen only (not intruding on either
the roof or bonnet) with a maximum dimension in any direction of 60.00mm.
15.00mm maximum diameter hole in the roof for glow plug access.
Both front side windows and the rear window can be removed for ventilation, except
for the side rear windows, which must remain intact.
Re-fuelling hole maximum 50.00mm diameter.
Small holes can be made for the exhaust pipe, transponder and radio antenna.
No other holes are permitted.
5.16 Roll-bars (roll-over bars) must be kept under the body.
5.17 No part of the car, except the muffler outlet, may protrude outside the bodyshell

So the second option of only one hole divided between the windshield and the roof must've been enforced during the worlds in Brisbane, but hasn't been yet included in the rule book.

AFM
Old 01-07-2007, 08:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bucknuts
Price might not have to go up. All the kits now are pretty loaded and therefore have the $400 price tag. I would bet it will be the same street price as the 720. It's not like going from a FTc3 to an FK04 in terms of materials used.
Remember this...."WIN on sunday, SELLS on Monday"............WINTER-NATIONAL next month, and they have a great load of team drivers with the NT1, if they win over mugen kyosho and serpent on his debute when the car's real picture is not even out..........I will see $500 price tag is NOT far off.

Now...take a step back, MRX4R and 960 are sub $500.....why would ppl still want to run TC?
Old 01-07-2007, 08:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I guess it has changed, I looked it up and the wording has changed.
They told me the real reason they teched you because you drives a MUGEN. For real..........
Old 01-07-2007, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Default hmm

Originally Posted by Solara
Remember this...."WIN on sunday, SELLS on Monday"............WINTER-NATIONAL next month, and they have a great load of team drivers with the NT1, if they win over mugen kyosho and serpent on his debute when the car's real picture is not even out..........I will see $500 price tag is NOT far off.

Now...take a step back, MRX4R and 960 are sub $500.....why would ppl still want to run TC?
look at the 720 they couldnt keep it on the shelf but now talk to some of the previous owners not to happy
Old 01-07-2007, 09:28 AM
GK
Suspended

Originally Posted by Solara
They told me the real reason they teched you because you drives a MUGEN. For real..........
I think the price of the kit will be attractive, given this is Xray's entry into 1/10 nitro. Only thing that worries me is the value of US dollar, all importers are taking a hit from the unfavorable exchange rate and at some point they'll have to increase the prices...
Old 01-07-2007, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Look at how unpopular this thread is. Remember the MTX-4 and 720 threads before the cars were even anounced? I don't think the car is going to compete. Even though they are buying all the top electric drivers to race them, does not mean they will get a victory. With Swauger only running 1/8th at the Winternats, their next top driver Darin Ishitani has handed Barry Baker his backside more than once. It will be a good race and would be a fun one to watch, but Xray hopefuls are counting their chickens before they hatch. Darin is just a tick slower than Mikey. Dont count him out. I am sure Tosolini will have some excuse when he doesn't win the race. Didn't even make any of the A's at the Novak.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:41 AM
GK
Suspended

Look at how unpopular this thread is. Remember the MTX-4 and 720 threads before the cars were even anounced? I don't think the car is going to compete. Even though they are buying all the top electric drivers to race them, does not mean they will get a victory. With Swauger only running 1/8th at the Winternats, their next top driver Darin Ishitani has handed Barry Baker his backside more than once. It will be a good race and would be a fun one to watch, but Xray hopefuls are counting their chickens before they hatch. Darin is just a tick slower than Mikey. Dont count him out. I am sure Tosolini will have some excuse when he doesn't win the race. Didn't even make any of the A's at the Novak.
All those electric drivers are already existing Xray drivers. Don't forget Groskamp, he picked up nitro just last year and did really well at the euros. Then you have Teemu, Lemieux and others, this will be interesting indeed
BTW, Tosolini doesn't drive for xray if that's what you're referring to, he is not even registered for 1/10.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.