Community
Wiki Posts
Search

top fuel warning

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 06:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation top fuel warning

I have sat down and talked with a lot of local racers and all of them said that running traxxas top fuel in our climate is one of the worst things to run beacuse of some of the ingredients gets thick and sludges the carb with the humidity and heat here so a tip for people racing in alabama dont use top fuel.

(All information below came from test results)

In top fuel the nitromethane is only 95% pure and the other 5% is diffrent ingrediants used to keep it running in cooler dry climate.

But in most places in Alabama it is very hot and humid and the ingrediants make a thick sludge that builds in the carb.

Last edited by TraxxasWizard; 07-31-2006 at 10:54 AM.
Old 07-30-2006, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Who's tests results? Will they put them out with their letterhead on top of the results?
Old 07-30-2006, 07:57 PM
Tech Rookie

my buddy is full out racer who has a 50x50 garage for rc only and he has a weird machine that test fuel so we can get the best and top fuel did not do the worst but it was second to worst. Thats just for the climate we have.
In most places top fuel is a good fuel but not where I live. We also dyno'ed it and it was the second worst of 10 fuels we tried.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update

Tested 2 tanks of each
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
gas number 1

traxxas top fuel 33%

tank 1: started up then stopped right away ran but made 'putting' noises

tank 2:started and stopped restarted and shot out a thick goop out of muffler

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
muffler cleaned out

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elimenator 30%-

tank 1: started and kept running smooth no putting

tank 2: started right up and right amount of blue smoke from muffler kept running and no putting.

Last edited by TraxxasWizard; 07-31-2006 at 03:55 PM.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:54 AM
Tech Rookie

bump bump this is important
Old 07-31-2006, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Some fuels have more oil in them then others. Some are castor based and some are synthetic base so you will have to tune as needed. Doesn't sound very scientific to me. Just sounds like you want to bash their fuel.

I haven't tried the fuel so it could be trash for all that I know. Just not sure that you have the technical no how to be the judges. You might have the knowledge but haven't proven it to me.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:28 PM
Tech Rookie

It runs well in diffrent climates just passing knowledge that was passed to me.

everyone ive talked to said its not the best racing fuel.

I use it every now and then but when I switched fuels it made a world of diffrence.

Finally

I am a traxxas man and wouldnt dream of using any other truck than a traxxas and I personally like their parts its just the fuel im not to fond of

Casey
Old 07-31-2006, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

TraxxasWizard your intent to help is valid, but your message is getting lost in the words. Try spell-checking/grammar-checking your posts.

As far as the following:
"I have sat down and talked with a lot of local racers and all of them said that running traxxas top fuel in our climate is one of the worst things to run beacuse of some of the ingredients gets thick and sludges the carb with the humidity and heat here so a tip for people racing in alabama dont use top fuel."
Why don't you post where these local racers are at? Why not let us know what tracks they are running at?

I agree with THE DOCTOR that in the end your information sounds like you are bashing one product while promoting another. However, you fail to provide any real facts or results that are compelling.

Lastly, my post IS meant to challenge TraxxasWizard to give better information. Just because a friend of a friend who knows a guy who saw (insert favorite Nextel Cup racer here) talk on TV doesn't make him a crew chief.

Words have meaning....learn how to use them!!!
Old 07-31-2006, 03:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Ok thanks! I accept all constructive critiscm
Old 08-01-2006, 07:29 PM
Tech Addict

It stinks bad to! all my neighbors hated when i ran my first T-Maxx, it would burn your nose and choke you more than any other fuel i have ever been in contact with, i went to trinity 20 percent and it ran so much better! and my neighbors dont mind the smell.