Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Colorado Racing
5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC) >

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 10:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Grenade10
I agree on pictures of the track....RRR....Hiller....REV? anyone have some?

The system came with Autoscore. Not great, but it will function till we can purchase RC Scoring Pro. Also, I'm missing one house transponder, can be any number we just need to assign it to #3 yellow.
I'm glad you said RC Scoring Pro. J Lap suxorz.

Here's a few pics I took in Lincoln during the Fireball. Unfortunately none of them are great shots of the track itself.

Old 09-06-2007, 10:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Does anyone have any thoughts on trying IFMAR starts for the club? Will we be doing IFMAR starts for the classic?
Old 09-07-2007, 05:32 AM
Tech Master

SlamMan-the starts will be heads up, the pics look good.

Grenade-I know HTW is planing on running through October. And I would think we could do something for testing equiptment.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by SlamMan
Does anyone have any thoughts on trying IFMAR starts for the club? Will we be doing IFMAR starts for the classic?
That would be cool, its nice, works well in Omaha.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Well I had a very good meeting with the attourney. Wife of one of our Fort Collins racers ..Steve Secor... Thanks to the Magic City Club, we are able to use thier bylaws and get the club started sooner and with less cost!! WE all need to thank them.

Best part is we should have the legal part of the cub done next week, so that we can start taking club memberships starting on September 15th. We will also have our first offical club meeting!!!
Old 09-07-2007, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

I'll have to check with Autoscore and see what options we have for starting. I have always liked IFMAR starts, makes qualifying much tighter, and not as many 1st lap wrecks!!
Old 09-07-2007, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

And by the way - PRC has agreed to be sectratary for the club!!! So we have all the starting officers in place for the club. In talking with the attourney, we are going to have them server until December 30, when we will have an election after our race day.

If your not going to be there, you will be able to e-mail your vote (must be a current club member in good standing), with the new officers having a 1 year term.

The board of dirrectors will be 6 people plus my self. I think we draw who is on for the first year (sep '07 to Dec '08)
Old 09-07-2007, 09:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

If we go with the IFMAR starts for the club folks should get used to it pretty quickly. We will have a lot more room too so first lap pile ups should be less of a problem. We should be able to spread out the starting grid quite a bit. Quals on the Lincoln track are nice with your clock starting when you cross the line.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:32 PM
Tech Master

Grenade-Sounds like your moving this project right alongLooking forward to some 1/12th scale action.

SlamMan-I'm pretty sure autoscore has that optionAnd I would bet as a group the club would like IFMAR startsI sure like the way it spreads the field out.
At Ratraceway they have this starting gate, that is so coolIt releases one car at time with a few options for the delay (1 sec. 3sec.). It would be sweet to fabricate something that would work for onroad similar to this
Old 09-08-2007, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

Insanewolf - I'd be up for running atleast one race in Greeley on the city parking lot. See if it is available on a Saturday or Sunday. Bring the info to Westy on the 15th.

RRR - I'll check with Autoscore this evening while watching the NASCAR race for the Ifmar starts. Omaha runs the qualifiers this way, so getting some practice prior to Nov 1st would be good. (MOHR) always ran this way.

I've received a question on club dues. Yes it would be good to bring it on September 15th, but if you can not, you will need to get it to us prior to the 1st race.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Check out, Calandra's " New Quick Connect Track Barrier System" Looks interesting, might be an idea in the far future for the club.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mike 415
Check out, Calandra's " New Quick Connect Track Barrier System" Looks interesting, might be an idea in the far future for the club.

Got a link to it???
Old 09-08-2007, 07:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

http://teamcrc.com
Old 09-08-2007, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

I saw this link last week. Stuff is exactly what I was thinking about doing with the Aluminum tubing that I have. Yes if we want to order it at some time, we get the 15% discount!!

I think we would still need to use the wood outside barrier to help hold down the carpet. We would also need two large sets to do the infield for the full carpet set up. I'd also like to se a 'T' section so that you could do swuare corners and some sort of carpet or surface off line.

Other wise really cool stuff!!!
Old 09-08-2007, 08:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

That stuff is cool! Not cheap though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.