Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Orion clutch setup.

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 12:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Nano
For those interested here are the settings that Josh Cyrul used with Kyosho original parts.

Clutch:
Kyosho White Clutch Weight - Drilled to 3.5mm
Kyosho 1.9mm Hard Spring at 1.40 setting
Gap = .50
Kyosho Grey Clutch Shoe

Gearing:
16 / 22 Pinion
56 / 59 Spur

The settings we give are not for modified engines, they are meant for the same engines you will get in the shop.

With the settings posted on our website, the clutch will slip a little for a few minutes but will then break-in and engage properly. If the clutch engages right away from new, your setting might be a little soft and you might be loosing some low end power.
I had run the car for one full tank of fuel with the settings you guys recommended but the clutch slippage thing still persisted!
Old 01-25-2007, 12:29 AM
Tech Elite

did you try backing of the clutch spring tension a bit ,might have been to hard a setting.
This is one adjustment that you cant just get right.It took me a lot of laps to find a good setup.I usaully do 3-5 laps and get my pit man to make a small adjustment of maybe 5mins at a time and carry on doing this till I get to the other extreme of clutch coming in to early and then back it up to a point I felt was best.
My 2 cents anyway as this was a logical way for me to check and understand clutch tuning.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:03 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by razzor
did you try backing of the clutch spring tension a bit ,might have been to hard a setting.
This is one adjustment that you cant just get right.It took me a lot of laps to find a good setup.I usaully do 3-5 laps and get my pit man to make a small adjustment of maybe 5mins at a time and carry on doing this till I get to the other extreme of clutch coming in to early and then back it up to a point I felt was best.
My 2 cents anyway as this was a logical way for me to check and understand clutch tuning.
I usually do adjustments of 15mins at the beginning to find the most punchy setting (without clutch shoe slippage) & then back off a bit to get my final setting on clutch spring tension.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default clutch settings

hi Nano this is Brett from Brisbane could you tell me what the clutch settings were that Josh was using at the worlds here in Brisbane.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey Brett, this is Keith, one of Hongers you met at Pre World last Feb! Hope you're doing very well in Oz! ^^
Old 01-25-2007, 04:01 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Keith could you please refresh my memory a little more.Anyway how's things over there in hongers got any latest news,how's the rc racing going i hope fast and hard.
Old 01-25-2007, 05:57 AM
Tech Initiate

I took a pic of you at preworld & posted it at my local rc site:
http://www.rcstudy.com/forum/download.php?id=3053

This is the link to the preworld thread I moderated at my local rc site:
http://www.rcstudy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2176

Well RC is still my no. 1 hobby but my skill is still not good! :P

Besides GP I play EP more these days. Hope everyting is fine at your end. ^^

I'm thinking of joining FEMCA in May. Will you go?
Old 01-25-2007, 11:32 PM
Tech Adept

hi Keith you have jogged my memory nice to here from you.No i can't make it to the femcas this year as i will be starting my new job in feburary,i would realy like to so it would be a definate plan for next year or even the next worlds.Mate can iask you a very big favour would you know of anywere there in hongkers or ask any of the sirio drivers if they know if i can still get sirio 12evo2 rods.
Thanks Brett
Old 01-26-2007, 12:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Brett, you're asking for something unusual! :P
I don't think I can find any evo 2 conrods in Hong Kong now (it seems all guys here are running OS TZ & Sirio Sti now).
Anyway I happened to meet Mr Andrea Rossi, the boss of Sirio when he visited HK a few years back. I will pm you his email address & I hope Andrea can help you on this.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:35 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Keith thankyou very much mate i'll p.m you later on with pics of some new tracks here on the goldcoast 350 meter long track 4 meters wide very fast.Talk to you later
Old 01-28-2007, 10:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by huskerfreak
Do either of you two guys have a setup for the clutch using the stock Kyosho parts that you can list?

Thanks
Clutch Gap: 0.6mm
Spring nut: 0.8mm
Endplay shims: 1.1mm