Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BP racing engines

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 11:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Both the OS and Nova motors are fine motors. Break in your BP well and it will perform for you. The 935RTC is more comprable to the 35+21, but you should get good results with the RT as well.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default conrod

is the conrod same as nova r7?
Old 03-21-2011, 02:39 AM
Tech Adept

Does anyone know what the timing numbers are on the 935R????

Thanks Brendan
Old 03-21-2011, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

I don't know but I will try to find out. I can tell you the engines are fast and reliable. We had 6 or 7 drivers running BP this weekend at the RCX race. The mains got rained out, but myself and Tony Clark qualified 3rd and 5th in the expert class, and at least 1 BP equipped engine qualified in the top 5 in the sportsman class.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:34 AM
Tech Adept

Where can I buy BP engines in HongKong?
Old 03-24-2011, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroWD
is the conrod same as nova r7?
wrist pin o.d. is about .001 too big. You can easily buy a reamer and ream the top bushing .001 on the nova rod. Bottom bushing fits perfect and the length is good as well.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Tech Adept

Anyone tried a 9886 pipe with this engine yet?
Old 04-01-2011, 11:22 AM
Tech Master

Jim, not sure of the engine is available in HK, but you can try any of the shops listed on bpengines.com

I have not tried the 9886 (or 086) pipe on either the on or off road engines, but it should work just fine.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Got my 735 stock. Any feedback on the engines? Everybody seems to be running 935's.
Timing is similar to Kangaroo so I have been told by a local racer. Will try and get the numbers if need be.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:57 PM
Tech Adept

Just got my 935 and BP tuned pipe! Great quality, can't wait to use it.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Can't wait to do some testing next week at the Silverbowl.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:14 AM
Tech Adept

Anyone know a good clutch setup for a 935 when used in a Serpent?

Thanks.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:45 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JIM1
Where can I buy BP engines in HongKong?
You asking this question. I guess you want to get it at cheaper price from oversea. But too bad, there is no body distribute this engine in HK. Main reason is this engine does not generate profit. Otherwise, I'm sure there is a company already working on the distribution in HK especially this is low budget investment. Just any company can do easy for buy and sell for just a few items.

I suggest you get it from the company at Eagle Rock where you can get Mexican food easy there. Call there and ask him to sell you the engine direct so that company can make more profit while you can have it for less price. There will be no middle man like A Main and other in between. This is win win situation but do not last. Well, if the owner is reasonable business man he shouldn't sell you direct but if he needs more money for Mexican food then he will do it. Try call there to see.

Anyway, Jim you should support the US economy and stop buying outside. The CA unemployment rate is over 10% now plus QE3 may coming soon. The US economy is really in deep trouble. US government is so poor. I hope you can help US economy. Otherwise a dollar bill value will become a A4 paper value. Also, help the start up small potato one man band company (family members don't count). More variety is always good for customers.

You, the company owner. Should I expect a revenge soon for this post just like last time?? This time I tried to bring you a potential sale.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:08 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ioxqq
You asking this question. I guess you want to get it at cheaper price from oversea. But too bad, there is no body distribute this engine in HK. Main reason is this engine does not generate profit. Otherwise, I'm sure there is a company already working on the distribution in HK especially this is low budget investment. Just any company can do easy for buy and sell for just a few items.

I suggest you get it from the company at Eagle Rock where you can get Mexican food easy there. Call there and ask him to sell you the engine direct so that company can make more profit while you can have it for less price. There will be no middle man like A Main and other in between. This is win win situation but do not last. Well, if the owner is reasonable business man he shouldn't sell you direct but if he needs more money for Mexican food then he will do it. Try call there to see.

Anyway, Jim you should support the US economy and stop buying outside. The CA unemployment rate is over 10% now plus QE3 may coming soon. The US economy is really in deep trouble. US government is so poor. I hope you can help US economy. Otherwise a dollar bill value will become a A4 paper value. Also, help the start up small potato one man band company (family members don't count). More variety is always good for customers.

You, the company owner. Should I expect a revenge soon for this post just like last time?? This time I tried to bring you a potential sale.
Your comments are futile little man.

If you removed your head from up your arse you would see that I am not from the US. I therefore will take this opportunity to point out to you that I could not care less about your pathetic US economy and that I actually bought my engine from a UK supplier and paid the equivalant of 640 worthless US dollars for it.

I come on this forum to ask questions and to expect helpfull and constructive advice in return, not to be given a retarded lecture about US economics, and as for the 'like last time' comment I am not sure what you are on about as I have no recollection of you. I never forget an idiot.

Happy racing.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JIM1
Your comments are futile little man.

If you removed your head from up your arse you would see that I am not from the US. I therefore will take this opportunity to point out to you that I could not care less about your pathetic US economy and that I actually bought my engine from a UK supplier and paid the equivalant of 640 worthless US dollars for it.

I come on this forum to ask questions and to expect helpfull and constructive advice in return, not to be given a retarded lecture about US economics, and as for the 'like last time' comment I am not sure what you are on about as I have no recollection of you. I never forget an idiot.

Happy racing.
He was actually referring to some previous posts where he told the US importer that he wouldn't survive because the telephone area code where this US importer is located, is in a poor area. He then got into a small verbal battle with the US importer. I don't know if the poster, ioxqq, is an American or not, but we here in America share your opinion of him. My guess is he didn't notice you were not located in the USA and I also guess he is bitter about how he was treated (and rightly so) by the BP importer in the USA.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.