Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 09:34 PM
Tech Regular

Wow... sounds like your car took a beating. If the outdrives are split you can actually still reuse them if you get the Yokomo outdrive savers. Also you might want to check with speedy-932 if you are looking for aluminum outdrives. He made a few.

Originally posted by AZ_Ron
more work than I'd hoped... got really familiar with the front half of the car replacing the diff halves 3 times!! I'm going to see about my buddy making some 7075 aluminum ones, or perhaps lightened steel?? What do you guys think?

R
Old 01-27-2005, 12:53 AM
Tech Regular

Default ummm

Originally posted by dhiracing.com
The biggest 48p spur a barracuda can take is 72, if I am not mistaken. So I suggest for stock and modified racing nos 70, 71 or 72. Then you set the final gearing ratio with a different pinion ey
hey you can run a 68 spur all the way to 75 with no mods standard from the factory on the R2s
and in pinion from 14 teeth to 42 teeth
thats what the maunel has got in it
Old 01-27-2005, 12:56 AM
Tech Regular

Well, I'm back after spending 12 hours at the track... got 1st in the B, but should have been solid in the A except for my dip$hit driving... 3 years off does amazing things to yor skills!!
I broke several items... 3 delrin outdrives, CF front shock tower, and both right and left steering arms at seperate times... Need to stay off the walls... this is my first time racing carpet, and the first time I've driven in 3 years, so it's going... more work than I'd hoped... got really familiar with the front half of the car replacing the diff halves 3 times!! I'm going to see about my buddy making some 7075 aluminum ones, or perhaps lightened steel?? What do you guys think?

I wound up running 72/25...it's pretty quick, when I got the odd lap in where I actually drove, I turned a few 10.6-10.9 second laps, which would have put me in the first couple of spots in the A could I have done it consistently.

Anyhow, gotta crash...I'm BEAT!!

R
same as me i broke the outdrives twice now and im sick if it. Im going to order a spool from Speedtech
do you think that it would be allright in 19 turn spec racing???????
Old 01-27-2005, 12:56 AM
Tech Regular

It is true that the delrin outdrives are a bit delicate, however to change 3 in one day is bit too much One guy locally was experiencing such problems when he used the short aluminium dogbones front and the longer ones at the back. It is very important that the longer ones are installed in front section. Just something to check out

I suggest you use super glue to cover the edges of both front and rear shock towers. At the same time, you will also be making them slightly stronger

Or maybe you simply have to train bit more ey. Otherwise you seem to be doing fine. Keep it up
Old 01-27-2005, 01:01 AM
Tech Regular

We brought a couple of Speedtechrc spools in Malta too. They work great, especially for stock racing

I will try to post a picture of the spools we are making locally too. They come slightly more expensive, but are more durable especially for modified racing
Old 01-27-2005, 01:14 AM
Tech Regular

Default gears

what about getting the gears bevels for the spool is it the same as the one way
Old 01-27-2005, 01:24 AM
Tech Regular

Yes the same gears of the one-way are used on any locked diff we use, whether those from speedtechrc or the ones we make locally
Old 01-27-2005, 08:50 AM
Tech Regular

Just for info:
The first 18 sets of outdrives are shipped out. Thanks guys for the fast payment.
7 sets are still avaible.
Old 01-27-2005, 09:24 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Well, I'm back after spending 12 hours at the track... got 1st in the B, but should have been solid in the A except for my dip$hit driving... 3 years off does amazing things to yor skills!!
I broke several items... 3 delrin outdrives, CF front shock tower, and both right and left steering arms at seperate times... Need to stay off the walls... this is my first time racing carpet, and the first time I've driven in 3 years, so it's going... more work than I'd hoped... got really familiar with the front half of the car replacing the diff halves 3 times!! I'm going to see about my buddy making some 7075 aluminum ones, or perhaps lightened steel?? What do you guys think?

I wound up running 72/25...it's pretty quick, when I got the odd lap in where I actually drove, I turned a few 10.6-10.9 second laps, which would have put me in the first couple of spots in the A could I have done it consistently.

Anyhow, gotta crash...I'm BEAT!!

R
I broek outdrives as well. The closed off ends on the outdrives cause that problem. Like RC Monk said order some of those Yoke Outdrive savers. I used them and they did help out. Not too expensive either. Sounds like the car took a few lumps but also sounds like it worked pretty well for you overall.

The car is very cool and I do miss mine sometimes. Oh well that is just the way it is. Can always buy another one if I get that feeling again.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by wyd

The car is very cool and I do miss mine sometimes. Oh well that is just the way it is. Can always buy another one if I get that feeling again.
If you do Brian... I have a few left that I will cut you a Killer deal on
-Dave
Old 01-27-2005, 06:12 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
If you do Brian... I have a few left that I will cut you a Killer deal on
-Dave
Yeah I will say if I was going to get another one and it wasn't new I would be giving you a shout out!!!!! You have some of the best around.

Hows the TC4 coming along now? Any other new cars that you been thinking of getting? Ever have any experiance with the RCLabs cars at all? Always thought they were pretty cool looking and a different design than most other cars.

Last edited by wyd; 01-27-2005 at 06:18 PM.
Old 01-27-2005, 06:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Thanks for the tips guys... I'll have to check and see what bones are in it... I don't just split them... I take chunks out of them!!
How are the aluminum diff halves holding up? How much are they??
A buddy of mine has a cnc machine shop and I was thinking about having me make me a few sets, thought maybe make several sets, but I don't want to infringe on someone elses niche...

R
Old 01-27-2005, 08:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by wyd
Yeah I will say if I was going to get another one and it wasn't new I would be giving you a shout out!!!!! You have some of the best around.
Thanks

Hows the TC4 coming along now?
Very Good

Any other new cars that you been thinking of getting?
None at this time .... but I will be trying out some new stuff on the Pro4 here this week

-Dave
Old 01-28-2005, 12:30 AM
Tech Regular

Delrin Outdrives ...

If you put the short dogbones up front, the outdrives will inevitably break very easily. I know one guy that even broke an outdrive on acceleration from dead stop, without hitting anything

Make sure you have the long ones infront (as indicated in the manual) and you should not have any particular problems
Old 01-28-2005, 12:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by dhiracing.com
Delrin Outdrives ...

If you put the short dogbones up front, the outdrives will inevitably break very easily. I know one guy that even broke an outdrive on acceleration from dead stop, without hitting anything

Make sure you have the long ones infront (as indicated in the manual) and you should not have any particular problems

thats what happened to me . Had a 10 turn in the car ( i was doing drag racing against a 710 nitro car ) and i accelerated that hard and the tires gripped that good the front and the rear split no jokes that was on the 3rd run but

1st run he got me because i wheelspun
2nd i blew him to bits 5 cars(rc car) lengths in front
3rd my two diffs blew up LOL im ordering a spool from Speedtech soon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.