Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"is my chassis bent"

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 10:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? "is my chassis bent"

Hi all ,have a mp 7.5 sports 3 and love it to bits but after some use ive urgraded various bits eg sway bars front and rear,front torque bar and a few other bits but my body shell doesent fit like it did,,,, it seems to be half a hole out,, runs true and seems straight ,,,,its as if the chassis is bent a bit like a banana if i push on it has a bit of flex ,,,is this normall after some bad landings or would you get another chassis just to be safe ?????????
Old 07-24-2008, 11:25 AM
Tech Regular

If it looks like everything is sitting ok and the torque rods aren't stopping the gearboxes sitting flat and causing them to be at an angle....what 'other' bits have you changed?.....if you've changed the front top plate where the front body mount is (assuming it is like the 777WC) - you may have put the body mount round the wrong way which I did once (built the new car like it and wondered why my old shell didn't fit).
Old 07-24-2008, 12:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Have been having another look and nothing is out of line eg diff sitting flat gears inline all is good,,,,, torque rods are in the right place and nothing is rubbing eg drive shafts dont touch rods ,one thing i did notice is servo saver is close to the servo tray only 1mm away is this normal ,,,,,steering is sweet and no sticking ,,,,,,,,,,,,maybe i will get another shell to start as mine is a bit f****d if it doesnt fit will get a new chassis only £20 in uk but must say a good buggy and gives me mega pleasure
Old 07-24-2008, 12:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have wrecked a couple of buggies really hard, I mean head on WFO collisions with trees and light poles and have never bent a chassis. However, just a couple of weeks ago I saw a guy hit the same tree I centered headon and he buckled the hell out his chassis. It bent the chassis and both center dogbones. Keep in mind though I have been caught on radar doing 33mph on the straight that the tree is on so that guy was really hauling ass when that happened. Cheap RTR chassis plate too.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i would think that it would about have to be a body mount or something.. good luck.. if all else fails just get a new body and start over.. cheers!!!
Old 08-02-2008, 08:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Smile Sorted it

i sorted the chassis prob ,,i got a gpm hop up chassis brace which fits on the top of the center diff assembly and fits to the front diff it has straightened it out by a 4mm jobs a good un!!!!!!!!!