Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 02:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
Good question. I would say that there is a caster block at the bottom of the hub but it's hard to tell how it's made with the pictures we have. Remember it doesn't have to be in C-shape to provide caster, as long as it holds the hub at a certain angle.
Yeah I can see where he has a castor block on the bottom of the knuckle but then the top of the knuckle would be free to move forward and rearward with a camber link wouldnt it???? If there was an upper arm that would triangulate it all I can see how it wouldn’t move but with a tie rod I don’t see how it would hold the caster consistent. I have broken caster blocks before and the bottom has been fine but with out it all there it made the handling very inconsistent so Im not sure how hes able to get it all to work.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kevin K
Yeah I can see where he has a castor block on the bottom of the knuckle but then the top of the knuckle would be free to move forward and rearward with a camber link wouldnt it???? If there was an upper arm that would triangulate it all I can see how it wouldn’t move but with a tie rod I don’t see how it would hold the caster consistent. I have broken caster blocks before and the bottom has been fine but with out it all there it made the handling very inconsistent so Im not sure how hes able to get it all to work.
Maybe he has a design that provides sufficient rigidity without the top part of it, that's why i say without better pictures it's hard to tell...
Old 07-10-2006, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
I don't get you
s'ok....

the point i was trying to make is that on the previous posts, you said the shaft car was scrapped, made into an offroader... then you say they are going to make both...

i dont have any inside sources anywhere, but if/when the belt car is released, ill try one. i have had some decent success with the shaft car in the past few weeks locally... builds nice, just wish it had some nice red alloy gearcases.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SPEEDx971
Hi all,

I read this thread from the first day and i know quiet a few on this thread, even some Kyosho employees or Kyosho good lads who wrote a few things...

But i see you,PaintingRoly, all the time, telling people that you know much more than anyone else.... You have seen that or you even know Cyrul plans... So good for you but so bad for the public........

I must say that most infos you put in this thread are wrong, i don't know where you get those info but change source...

I don't want to defend TRFBOY, but i have to say that his info are good even sometimes so good that i thought he was working at Kyosho... But i know he does not...

By the way, did you ever built a Kyosho TF5, because there isn't any phillips screw in the kit and wont have any in the Stallion. So get off of the thread and the "source" tells you better for you to buy a Nikko instead of a Kyosho.

Kyosho aim and exist by true Fan............

Thank you

PS: Be friend not a fool!!! I well know TRFBOY source's and i can tell you that he might be standing behind you and then kick you out of any Kyosho events or team,...or even more....It's just toys we race so think about it...

I never claim to have "sources"

as far as getting kicked out of events or team thats funny
Old 07-10-2006, 03:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Turbonium
s'ok....

the point i was trying to make is that on the previous posts, you said the shaft car was scrapped, made into an offroader... then you say they are going to make both...

i dont have any inside sources anywhere, but if/when the belt car is released, ill try one. i have had some decent success with the shaft car in the past few weeks locally... builds nice, just wish it had some nice red alloy gearcases.
I NEVER said the shaft was going to be scrapped or made into an off roader. Please don't quote me out of context, the first post you quoted was a reply to someone asking if the shaft car was being scrapped for sure, so i pointed towards my posts of page 5 where I say the shaft car was being put into production.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Car #1 gets my vote!
Old 07-10-2006, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Take this crap to PM, please!

Dom
Old 07-10-2006, 09:03 PM
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

TF5 Stallion release date in Japan July 31st.

http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/new_prod...kit0607-j.html
Old 07-10-2006, 10:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Just want to post a quick note that I finally got a chance to put the TF-5 on track last Thursday. So far the car has been very impressive Very sure-footed around the track and seem carry a lot of corner speed around turns of any radius. And like other shaft cars, the TF-5 seems to have that little extra more rip out of the turns which I believe would be advantageous in 27T racing

I just ran the box stock setup and mainly played with gearing and tire/insert combo for the day. I will be back on the track for more practice this Thursday trying a few setup changes to see what it does to the car.

Steve Wang
Old 07-11-2006, 01:08 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TFR
TF5 Stallion release date in Japan July 31st.

http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/new_prod...kit0607-j.html
"good" japanese hobby shops usually receive them a few days before
Old 07-11-2006, 01:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Patriiick
"good" japanese hobby shops usually receive them a few days before
As UK shops will get them as well.....
Old 07-11-2006, 02:03 AM
Tech Addict

and you sure know something about that
Old 07-11-2006, 03:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Guys,

Cars #1 and #2 are nearly the same car - the only difference is the motor and battery position - Car #2 has the Motor moved back. We had 2 different chassis as the WC for the Stallion - batteries forward and batteries back - This was again to try and test/develope the Stallion before it came out. Adachi/Ito used the chassis with the batteries forward and Mark/Tony used the chassis with the batteries back. Both had their advantages depending on the track conditions. I asked Kyosho if they wanted me to run the Stallion at the event or to run my design - they opted for me to use my design. I was just suprised they allowed people to take pictures.... This car is purely a development car (as far as I know). It's a compilation of new geometry and construction techniques that aren't commonly used. The style is to try and bring something new to the table to increase performance, increase durability and reduce cost. As far as the castor block design.... .... It turned out good!!!
Old 07-11-2006, 05:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
Hey Guys,

Cars #1 and #2 are nearly the same car - the only difference is the motor and battery position - Car #2 has the Motor moved back. We had 2 different chassis as the WC for the Stallion - batteries forward and batteries back - This was again to try and test/develope the Stallion before it came out. Adachi/Ito used the chassis with the batteries forward and Mark/Tony used the chassis with the batteries back. Both had their advantages depending on the track conditions. I asked Kyosho if they wanted me to run the Stallion at the event or to run my design - they opted for me to use my design. I was just suprised they allowed people to take pictures.... This car is purely a development car (as far as I know). It's a compilation of new geometry and construction techniques that aren't commonly used. The style is to try and bring something new to the table to increase performance, increase durability and reduce cost. As far as the castor block design.... .... It turned out good!!!

Well said Josh,

Hope this cool down and keep away crap off this thread.

See ya later.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I just want to get back to talking about the TF-5 shaft car. However if there is a new thread for that then please post it.

First of all as I had mentioned earlier this car does NOT build exactly like the ZX-5 offroader. Many things are different. You can't just put it together blindly with experience from the offroad car. In fact, I just looked over the instructions and found I had put the steering carriage backwards. Thats because the same steering parts are put together differently on the ZX than on the TF.

First of all coming from a belt car (T2) I was totally unfamiliar on how to gear this one. I searched the manual and found no information on the drive ratio. So I guessed that it might be in range of my belt car and given the small size of the spur I decided to put on a small pinion 28T. OMG was it slow!! So I asked someone else running the TF also and he told me he was using a 39T That's huge!! Sure enough that was the proper gearing and it was for a Monster stock! Not even for the new blue motor which can be geared almost 2 theeth higher than that.

Okay, so how does it drive. Most notably the car was well planted in the rear. However it didn't push either. It had plenty of steering. In fact, I also got some on power steering coming out of the turns with good corner speed. My only problem with the car right now is speed. I'm guessing that maybe the drivetrain is new and needs to get seated before it becomes more efficient. Or may I should just change to the blue motor. Someone also mentioned freeing up the drive train by removeing the inner seals of the bearings. Maybe all of those things.

FLash!! OVA T4 owners. Your bodies will fit the TF-5 precisely without any changes.

Last edited by YR4Dude; 07-11-2006 at 09:47 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.