Community
Wiki Posts
Search

im gettin a new buggy, plz help

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 09:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Default im gettin a new buggy, plz help

i was looking at the traxxas bandit vxl but then sum1 referred me to either the b44 or the lazer zx-5 sp because i need 4wd. i want to do big jumps (bigger than the usual track jumps) but still want to be able to run a regular track, but with alot of power. I told that to him and he referred me to the other two.
but i dont know how much it will cost with these kits to get everything. I know the kits are in the 300-400 range, but which one would you suggest. I need a brushless motor, which can haul, the ESC, the steering servo, tires, wheels, battery charger, and a battery (but i want 2.) with the lazer, and i dont know wut i need with the other.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

To be honest, I wouldn't go with 4WDs if you're planning to do motocross style jumping with it. They tend to break easier than 2WD buggy/trucks. I don't have any durability issues with my Lazer, but I've never done anything crazy with it either.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:53 PM
Tech Initiate

well i have an old rc 10 gt and im tired of gas. i dont have to much exp so i want 4wd to help me out a lil bit. also i want to do more like bigger bmx jumps/trails than motox jumps. but i need 4wd so which should i get, i looked up g44 a lil more and want that more now. i also want to get the strongest shat out there so it wont break as much. but thats alot of money. so would a bandit upgraded to the max with steel shat n w/e be worth it, or go with the g44 or razor
Old 05-15-2008, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If you are really intrerested in doing mostly the big air jumps, then I would recommend going with a 1/10 truck instead. Bigger tires, longer shocks, and longer suspension handle bumps and jumps alot better. You can put some big power in them too. Either the Associated T4 or Losi XXXT-cr would be excellent choices. Or you could wait for the new Kyosho RT5 to come out towards the end of summer Like stated above, if your primary thing is to do big air, then a 4wd would not be the best choice. They require a little more maintenance and arent as durable as a truck.

Any of the current crop of brushless systems will have all the power you can handle. The SpeedPassion line has been getting real good feedback on its power, and user friendliness. And the price is reasonable. You really dont need to go lower than a 6.5. Geared correctly with a good lipo battery and you'll have big power and 15 minutes of runtime.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:05 PM
Tech Initiate

the thing is i have a truck, cant i get amazing suspension on a buggy, or will i just have to get over it and get a truck. ill look right now, but can sum1 give me a few links to very good rc car/truck/buggy site. it would help alot. and thanks for your quick responses.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Buggies and 4wd do have amazing suspensions, its just that trucks have alot more travel and longer arms, so jumps and bumps can be overcome much better.

If gotta have a 4wd, the Lazer ZX5 SP has one of the plushest suspensions out there and is very durable. Its by no means unbreakable, but none of the 4wd cars available are. Really your best bet is to find a car that has a parts source available easily for you (local hobby shop). If you have to mail order everything, then its up to you to decide which is the one you want. You really cant go wrong with any of the 4wd cars available.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:44 PM
Tech Initiate

well i need as much travel as possible, i want this to be a mini trophy truck lol. im thinkin about getting the RC10T4RS rtr kit. i have an awesome airtronics controller so i dont need one. my few concerns, idk if its a brushless motor(i want one about as powerful as velineon 3500,more would be great) and how long do batteries last, and take to recharge.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

predator x11 all the way
Old 05-15-2008, 10:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by jeff jenkins
predator x11 all the way
nah im good. what does everyone think of the Team Associated RC10T4 RS, is the motor brushless i cant find out.
Old 05-16-2008, 04:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I purchased the zx-5 sp after long debate.

366 - car, spare body, additional screw set shipping etc.
125 - 6 arms, 4 hubs front, 4 back, 2 bulkhead sets F/B
1 king pinion set, some other spares can't recall
160 - (i think) Castle sidewinder 5700 brushless motor/esc

I have batteries, servo and receiver that should work. The b44 is sweet, I believe the zx-5 sp has shocks that are easier to bleed than the b44. You need to re-invest in saddle packs if you already have stick batteries.

Only remaining thing I need is tires, which I think AE includes and Kyosho does not.
Old 05-16-2008, 07:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

you can jus never help people, they always want what they first mention and ignore any advice given....
Old 05-16-2008, 07:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It sounds like you would be more happy wiht a Traxxas style basher.
You need to decide what you want. I don't think the race oriented cars/trucks are good bashers, as they are more fragile, and some parts can be more costly. I also believe most of the bashers, don't make good race cars/trucks.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Hard to help someone who doesn't listen. His name may say it all IMONCRACK. Give me a break.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

Get a 2wd truck & stick some really stiff springs on it.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Get a factory team T4 and just put the velineon system in it. I will not recommend any other 10th scale truck. The velineon system is so user friendly even a crackhead could use it. LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.