Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-4

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 03:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by turboxrayt1fk05
hey guys i ran my mtx4 hard today for the first time and i only came a cross one problem left dogbone keeps on poppin out any suggestions to fix this problem until i get cvd's
\
Narrow your car width. The only real solution is CVD's.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

hey guys i ran my mtx4 hard today for the first time and i only came a cross one problem left dogbone keeps on poppin out any suggestions to fix this problem until i get cvd's
use more o rings or thick fuel tubin only on the diff cup joint, no matter the width, if you hit nothing, it wont pop out
Old 04-22-2007, 05:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

thanks guys for the reply about dogbone poppin out , i bought the car from a friend of mine new already put together , i checked from diff joints and in fact didnt have any o-rings like the manual suggested , i think i got the problem fixed.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bigbarn
\
Narrow your car width. The only real solution is CVD's.
would the v-one rrr kfactory cvds will fit mtx4 and the vented disc brake and where can i get kawahara parts here in the USA any hobby shops the any body knows.

thanks
Old 04-22-2007, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

i just got my mtx4 i was wondering what parts are known to break i also need to know what tire hook up on this thing i see that they come in diffrent mm help

Last edited by HECTICRACER; 04-22-2007 at 09:36 PM.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

You can get Kawahara parts from www.rcnitronation.com Give Jim a call (I think that's his name), he has mostly all of the Kawahara parts u need. I just got some Kawahara and JP parts from him.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:06 PM
Tech Adept

mtx 4 is good
Old 04-22-2007, 10:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

JUST A Q FOR YOU GUYS. I HAVE JUST GOT INTO A MTX4 WITH JP FX BLACK AND WANT TO KNOW WHAT TEMP GLOW PLUG TO RUN? IS IT JUST PREF FOR THE AREA AND TEMP OR WHAT?
Old 04-22-2007, 11:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Went out to BPT yesterday and man this car rocks! The OS motor is really smooth and has plenty of power. I had an issue with the dogbones falling out and had to adjust the track width and use fuel tubing instead of the O-rings. After adjusting steering travel as well they stood in place and I never lost them again. So far no stripping of the spur and no breakage with some clean driving. The 2speed was set perfect thanks to someone mentioning to start with the screws 4.5turns out from fully tightened. I'm at 6 turns out and it shifts perfectly for my track. The car is being ran using specs from the factory setup sheet and stock foams at 64mm rear and 62mm in the front. I will be trying the yellow clutch shoe and probably the G4S disc brake with/with out the optional pads to see how much better it is. The stock setup is sufficient, but I noticed after they wore in being that they were new I had to increase my brake a little (10% or so). Still debating whether or not to get the Universals for the car as for $80 I can buy a bunch of spare parts. Overall I give the car 2 thumbs up as it does feel faster and smoother than the R40. No prob with the urethane belts either or anything else with the car. Awesome day to be outdoors and looking forward to more runs with the car and more people.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
Went out to BPT yesterday and man this car rocks!
I'm happy to hear that the car is working out for you. It seemed like next to forever before you decided on what to get. The fun is just getting started.

Time will tell if you feel you need the universals. Once you lose one in a race, it will be the last time that happens, if you know what I mean.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
Went out to BPT yesterday and man this car rocks! The OS motor is really smooth and has plenty of power. I had an issue with the dogbones falling out and had to adjust the track width and use fuel tubing instead of the O-rings. After adjusting steering travel as well they stood in place and I never lost them again. So far no stripping of the spur and no breakage with some clean driving. The 2speed was set perfect thanks to someone mentioning to start with the screws 4.5turns out from fully tightened. I'm at 6 turns out and it shifts perfectly for my track. The car is being ran using specs from the factory setup sheet and stock foams at 64mm rear and 62mm in the front. I will be trying the yellow clutch shoe and probably the G4S disc brake with/with out the optional pads to see how much better it is. The stock setup is sufficient, but I noticed after they wore in being that they were new I had to increase my brake a little (10% or so). Still debating whether or not to get the Universals for the car as for $80 I can buy a bunch of spare parts. Overall I give the car 2 thumbs up as it does feel faster and smoother than the R40. No prob with the urethane belts either or anything else with the car. Awesome day to be outdoors and looking forward to more runs with the car and more people.
I wouldn't get universals, unless you have a problem with the dogbones constantly popping out. I just finished a race weekend with dogbones front and rear with no problems. It's cheaper in the long run too.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
I wouldn't get universals, unless you have a problem with the dogbones constantly popping out. I just finished a race weekend with dogbones front and rear with no problems. It's cheaper in the long run too.
In the rear, you donīt really need the CVDs, but in the front, the car becomes smoother.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

would the v-one rrr kfactory cvds will fit mtx4 and the vented disc brake and where can i get kawahara parts here in the USA any hobby shops the any body knows.

thanks

no, both parts will not fit! the axle is on the short side, and the disc is of differente form where the pins rest
Old 04-23-2007, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Default hmm

had my first race with the MTX4 and im happy to report the mugen challenge for me was a success i had some build issues on my part but they were quickly taken care of by the mugen team & the play 2 win mugen team of pappa & fast rick gave me support things look good ill be getting ready for the greatlakes until then the word of the day is MUGENOPOLY
Old 04-23-2007, 06:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

anyone in need of a editable setup sheet in word file, pm me

happy racing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.