Wiki Posts
Search

A quick Novarossi Plus21 question

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 11:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ezveedub
The K engines have two relief ports under the exhaust port. The head button is also changed. It runs the same balanced crank though.
Originally Posted by houston
the vertical transfer ports have been switched to the other side of the horizontal transfers , on p5, p5x, p5xs, plus 21-5 the verticals are closest to the exhaust , on 21-5k they are closest to rear main intake with diverters in the block to match . new style thick top ring sleeves to hold pinch at peak performance pinch longer is also another difference .
plus 21-5 is a great engine and if you wanna buy a 7 port piston/sleeve or 421b (821b) p/s set and make it faster you can .
hope this helps ,
monty
I hope this helps. ezveedub and houston answered a couple days ago. Great info and very helpful. thanx again guys.
Old 05-16-2008, 04:30 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by novaa
hi Houston,

what is the main different between the plus21-5 and plus 21-5k? plus 21-5k is a newer engine compare to the plus21-5 , but strangely is that how come the plus21-5 is stil more costly.
mind sharing what is the major different between this two engine ?
on the other hand in buggy racing turbo or non-turbo are better?
hope u don't mind sharing your knowledge. thanks
are you talking about on track performance? the differences i noticed (pipe , clutch and plug being the same) between the two is that the k porting design is a little more efficient and a lil more explosive but longer powerband . just takes forever to break the piston/sleeve sets in i am making my favorite engine lately though (hope novarossi starts putting them out too) 421b (821b) p/s/r set in a plus k or plus 21-5 block with turbo button = bookoo power ( hope this helps )
happy motoring ,
monty
Old 05-17-2008, 12:17 AM
Tech Regular

Default erm

that is good elaboration. yeah i guess a turbo button is a better and more explosive on the plus 21-5kt.
thanks alot.

Originally Posted by houston
are you talking about on track performance? the differences i noticed (pipe , clutch and plug being the same) between the two is that the k porting design is a little more efficient and a lil more explosive but longer powerband . just takes forever to break the piston/sleeve sets in i am making my favorite engine lately though (hope novarossi starts putting them out too) 421b (821b) p/s/r set in a plus k or plus 21-5 block with turbo button = bookoo power ( hope this helps )
happy motoring ,
monty
Old 05-17-2008, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Turbo buttons offer more power though a better seal and combustion chamber, but can be more difficult to tune as they are more sensitive to weather changes. If you order an engine and want a turbo version, order it as such since its cheaper than getting a turbo head after.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:03 PM
Tech Regular

Default enginess

Turbo buttons offer more power though a better seal and combustion chamber, but can be more difficult to tune as they are more sensitive to weather changes. If you order an engine and want a turbo version, order it as such since its cheaper than getting a turbo head after.
definitely it will be cheaper to get a turbo engine straight away rather then add in the turbo button later.

by the way any tip in running in engine ?
how do u keep it idle coz usuali after i pluck out the glow heater its just die off and i got to pry the flywheel again.

does loosening of the plug helps?
Old 05-17-2008, 10:01 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by novaa
does loosening of the plug helps?
Yes. Plus a heat gun, or hair dryer to warmup the engine case and head first.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by air8
Yes. Plus a heat gun, or hair dryer to warmup the engine case and head first.
ooooo. a hair dryer. i totally forget bout it. thanks
btw does you guys run it with 5 tanks of 125cc straight without letting it cool down first, or u guy do it run 1 tank then let the engine cool down and start it again ?
Old 05-17-2008, 10:14 PM
Tech Champion

That's a good question. I think as long as you get heat in the motor so the metals "seat in", then let it cool down a bit, but then get heat back in. That should do good for most engines out there. Heat cycling.

A friend told me today about a break in procedure by Drake. Apparently running the engine for 5 tanks straight, trying to not let it stall. He would vary the temp from 120 F up to 200 F by tuning the needles. I'm not sure though as I didn't read about it.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

You can heat cycle the first five tanks, then start to run it around rich, but keep the temps up. I always try to get the engines up to 200+F and I usually use a low nitro/high oil fuel. This way, I can lean the engine to keep it running and heat it up, but still keep it oily for the break-in.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:26 PM
Tech Regular

wow. Drake use such a run in procedure too. well i think he dont really need to run it in well. he is a sponsor driver.

i believe that we should run it 1 tank and let it cool and start it again.

well i have also heard of a guy running in engine with big tank and he uses a big fan to cool the engine when its still running.

just too many type of running engine.

Originally Posted by air8
That's a good question. I think as long as you get heat in the motor so the metals "seat in", then let it cool down a bit, but then get heat back in. That should do good for most engines out there. Heat cycling.

A friend told me today about a break in procedure by Drake. Apparently running the engine for 5 tanks straight, trying to not let it stall. He would vary the temp from 120 F up to 200 F by tuning the needles. I'm not sure though as I didn't read about it.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

Onroad guys will bench the engine WOT for a few tanks, then run it.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:58 AM
Tech Regular

Onroad guys will bench the engine WOT for a few tanks, then run it.
yeah i guess on road engine is not so time consuming. just 1 or 2 tank and straight to the track and start leaning it down.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I have a stock P5XS for my buggy and a RB mods P5X for my truggy. Any suggestions on Pipes and glow plugs? I run 30% sidewinder and JP-1-2-3`s on my other stuff?
Old 05-21-2008, 10:19 PM
Tech Champion

There's NO WAY I'm going to try to mod a sleeve so this is just an off-topic question I guess--What effects will raising the roof of the exhaust port do?
Old 05-30-2008, 01:32 AM
Tech Champion

Okaaaaay. Had a look a the selection of Novarossi plugs. Yikes. So I guess I'll start with this question:

What are the differences between a #4,5,6,7,8 plug. All of them can come in standard plugs. Uhhhhhh....NEVERMIND. Geez, it pays to use the filters when searching online.

#4--Very Hot
#5--Hot
#6--Medium
#7--Cold
#8--Very Cold

And then you can select from Heavy Duty or Regular. Sorry guys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.