Search

XRAY T2’009

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 07:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FK05 lover
Hi guys,
just a question, anyone who's had an 08 & 09, is there any benefit in updating to an 09?
I dont think there is much difference from what i have heard, just that it looks like a chocolate jaffa.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 147 (99%+)

Originally Posted by s.nicholson
I dont think there is much difference from what i have heard, just that it looks like a chocolate jaffa.
Cool, Thanks Simon...
Old 05-16-2009, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Hi guys,
just a question, anyone who's had an 08 & 09, is there any benefit in updating to an 09?
I have been running a 008 since December last year and the only 009 (specific) part I have put on is the main chassis.

Does the following:
  • moves battery slightly forward (handling) and further out from the centre line (pinion fitment)
  • has holes ready for forward motor kit

IMHO, everything else is just optional and/or for cosmetic reasons. (which I don't like the new colour - prefer silver/black myself)
Old 05-16-2009, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375
I have been running a 008 since December last year and the only 009 (specific) part I have put on is the main chassis.
Does the following:
  • moves battery slightly forward (handling) and further out from the centre line (pinion fitment)
  • has holes ready for forward motor kit
IMHO, everything else is just optional and/or for cosmetic reasons. (which I don't like the new colour - prefer silver/black myself)
Thanks Leonard,
I've had 08's since last March 08 & they've gone well,
got two 09's when they landed this year & after checking then out ended up selling both (though one I built for a purchaser goes like a rocket)
I'm with you re the orange, yuk!
Old 05-16-2009, 05:46 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks Leonard,
I've had 08's since last March 08 & they've gone well,
got two 09's when they landed this year & after checking then out ended up selling both (though one I built for a purchaser goes like a rocket)
I'm with you re the orange, yuk!
Yeh the bulkheads remind me either of the serpent or a jaffa
Old 05-17-2009, 12:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Talking

I hope that the T2R POVO that I bought goes well, at least it doesn't have that queer orange colour on it..........
That would be horrible and surely makes it slower........
Old 05-17-2009, 03:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fleetmaster
I hope that the T2R POVO that I bought goes well, at least it doesn't have that queer orange colour on it..........
That would be horrible and surely makes it slower........
Michael, thats because it's made up of all the 08 parts they had left over...
Old 05-17-2009, 07:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The only reason i bought a 009 was because the orange color if not i would had stayed with my 007. Dont hate the player hate the game!
Old 05-17-2009, 07:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Default opinions

Ok, heres my deal. (I know I am in an XRAY thread but I will get to point) I am currently running my tcr5r in VTA I have tried several different setups even the one that the current fast guy at our track is using. I am thinking of trying an Xray 008 or 009 but am not sure if it will make a difference. It seems that the TC5r likes to be finessed a little and I like to throw my cars around. Drive it hard in the corners rotate then back on the gas (Probably from all the offroad nitro stuff I did).

My question is what are your thoughts on how the XRAY Likes to be driven? I have a TC5F for my 17.5 and love it but my rubber tire car for VTA doesn't seem to respond to changes and it seems that the margin for the correct setup is very small and the car is not very forgiving. Sorry if I am rambling but sinking another 500 in for a car isn't something I want to do but if it will make it better I am willing to do it. Thanks in advance!
Old 05-17-2009, 08:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

For VTA you can always go with 007 and it will be 10 times better.
Old 05-17-2009, 03:38 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigdanes
Ok, heres my deal. (I know I am in an XRAY thread but I will get to point) I am currently running my tcr5r in VTA I have tried several different setups even the one that the current fast guy at our track is using. I am thinking of trying an Xray 008 or 009 but am not sure if it will make a difference. It seems that the TC5r likes to be finessed a little and I like to throw my cars around. Drive it hard in the corners rotate then back on the gas (Probably from all the offroad nitro stuff I did).

My question is what are your thoughts on how the XRAY Likes to be driven? I have a TC5F for my 17.5 and love it but my rubber tire car for VTA doesn't seem to respond to changes and it seems that the margin for the correct setup is very small and the car is not very forgiving. Sorry if I am rambling but sinking another 500 in for a car isn't something I want to do but if it will make it better I am willing to do it. Thanks in advance!

I dont think the problem is the model car you drive. It is either your setup, your driving skill, or the two combined. I would venture to say you would end up with identical issues even with a brand new 009.
Old 05-17-2009, 03:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Like the Cpt said if you are trying to drive a sedan like an offroad car you will be out to lunch. Nitro buggy and onroad style are very different. You can drive a offroad nitro like a sedan, but you can not drive a sedan like an offroad car.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

I agree with Capt and Dodge. A friend here had trouble with his TC5 (not sure if it was a R or F.. I'm thinking R) but he races it in VTA. He had tons of trouble with his setup. Car spun out too much and was not very forgiving. But I got him straightened out and now he loves the car. It's all about setup, and learning to drive it. Shoot me a PM and let me know what your car is doing, maybe I can steer you in the correct direction.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Default opinions

I appreciate all your responses. I agree on the driving style and believe me I am trying to adjust my driving but i am doing very well with my foam car I guess you can be more aggressive with the foam car. Just having issues with the car being consistent. I can turn some fast laps IE withing a few 10ths of the leaders but it is the consistency of the car that is troubling me. I drive a very tight line and stay in the line. like I stated earlier I have the identical setup that the guy who is winning has on his car. He just seems to have way more turn in than I do.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

If he has more turn in (with same setup), maybe it's because he's slowing down before you do. If you push to hard, you'll push right though the turn. If you brake or slow down at the right point, then you'll be able to hit your marks no problem. And slowing down for a turn doesn't necessarily mean coming to a full stop or using brakes, it could be just going half throttle 10 feet before the turn to get the weight to transfer just right. There is a saying "slow is fast". This might apply in this situation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.