Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Drugs for racers

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 09:54 PM
Tech Addict

Default Drugs for racers

Do you think world class racers take drugs like Xana for increase of concentration, more come down?
Old 01-20-2013, 09:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ioxqq
Do you think world class racers take drugs like Xana for increase of concentration, more come down?
No.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I doubt it. though I don't see that many of them being overweight or generally unhealthy looking other than some acne ect. im sure a healthy lifestyle of exercise and good diet do just as much as any drug, with none of the drawbacks.

Eat lots of fish and healthy organic foods and green veg, exercise, everything in the body works better.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

I hope this was a joke.

Steve
Old 01-20-2013, 10:13 PM
Tech Elite

Through the years I have met quite a few top drivers that take certain drugs to calm their nerves. Is it the norm? No, but it has been known to happen, anyone who thinks this is not the case is being naive.

Personally, I used to drink a lot of caffeine and many times energy drinks to help with concentration, I don't find myself doing that much anymore though.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:38 PM
Tech Champion

I'm sorry but I highly doubt some don't. IMO it's naive to think the rc world is clean of this just because it's rc. At a professionnal level any help is welcome and even if they won't call it a "drug" they might use products that will help for the concentration, whatever you call them. Of course it's not a joke, and of course it's not the norm. Caffeine is a drug, energy drinks have some ingredients that can be assimilated as drugs too.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:48 PM
Tech Addict

CristianTabush: Please don't compare energy drinks with drugs.... haha... it is like a infant compare to an adult.
I took Xana assigned by doctor. And I can tell you this kind of drugs is very powerful then you can think of.

valk: It is impossible to tell by their face or weight if they are taking drugs. Believe me on this.

Pulse: I agree what you said. This is their job and glory. Without the trophy, they are no body.....

I can understand why some people think this world is very clean. Once you get old, you don't think things go easy...
Old 01-20-2013, 10:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

The original question from the poster is the problem, and I need more clarification. Of course some peope take drugs, some legal and some "illegal". That would be stupid to dispute that. I also confess to not be knowledgeable about that drug, but I think most racers learn how to cope with any stress and anxieties they may have with racing RC cars without needing drugs. If they have real issues in real life that are more serious than stresses then they would incure in RC racing then go get help from a doctor, nothing wrong with that.

The way I read the original post was just "hey if I want to be a better racer, should I take a drug to help", and I'm sorry if that is what he meant then I think that's foolish. If the original poster has real issues with concentration in real life job situations then help may be needed, just not for RC racing. It is afterall a hobby for almost everyone.

Watch the third A Main at this weekend's ETS race. That I believe was clear heads, by professionals who learned their craft with skill and experience, and it was impressive. They also admitted to being mentally spent after the race, but they spoke excellently and composed so I think that is a credit to them and something that is admired and can be done without drugs.

Steve
Old 01-20-2013, 11:03 PM
Tech Elite

CristianTabush: Please don't compare energy drinks with drugs.... haha... it is like a infant compare to an adult.
I took Xana assigned by doctor. And I can tell you this kind of drugs is very powerful then you can think of.

valk: It is impossible to tell by their face or weight if they are taking drugs. Believe me on this.

Pulse: I agree what you said. This is their job and glory. Without the trophy, they are no body.....

I can understand why some people think this world is very clean. Once you get old, you don't think things go easy...
Caffeine is not a strong or illegal drug, but it still alters your physical state. I used it to help me concentrate. So in a way it was an aid. In most professional sports, caffeine pills are banned substances.

I understand prescription drugs like Xanax are stronger and yes, I have seen people use them. Just like many other prescription, illicit and over the counter substances. Some use them recreationally some use them exclusively to race.

But if the question is do people use hard drugs to "help" them race, then the answer is still yes.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I can guarantee you that some of the top guys take or have taken drugs that increase concentration. Look up some of the adhd drugs. Reminds me of Lance a bit.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

IBTL!
Old 01-20-2013, 11:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I wonder if the OP is asking because he's thinking about doing it himself, that is ridiculous. You should never take any kind of prescription drug if you don't truly need it. I can't imagine taking a Xanax to help with RC racing. My body and mind aren't worth RC racing.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:30 PM
Tech Champion

Legal or illegal means nothing as a drug being allowed or not isn't necessarily related to its danger. If it was the case smoking or alcohol would be banned. But the financial benefits are too high so its not just about the health of people.

A drug is what can create an addiction. From that standpoint, many drivers use them.

Take the OP's interrogation for what it is: a question. It's an interesting debate IMO.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

I must say I have seen odd Bong or two at different tracks over the years of racing
Old 01-21-2013, 02:29 AM
Tech Regular

Actually, my caffeine addiction has been the worst addiction to get over. The migraines suck.

Worst than anxiety meds, camel 99's, pain killers, rctech, swishers, redrc. (Some sarcasm, but not really)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.