Search

Drugs for racers

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adamska27
Easy there, I'm sure you mean well but holistic medicine is a farce

Listen to your doctor and your mechanic and your lawyer and your accountant, you hired them because you don't know as much as them
not that this answers the originators question, but to a point I agree and I also disagree. Some prescriptions written by doctors cannot be readily replaced by anything natural. However, I know personally and from people I am close with doctors will prescribe things that could be replaced with natural ways of handling certain health situations. For example, high blood pressure can be fixed by medication and doctors will prescribe it, but depending on your health, natural supplements can do the same thing, as well as a change in diet. Another example, people with type 2 diabetes who are over weight can avoid taking medication (in certain situations) by changing diet and losing the excess weight. Anyway, its a tangent, but "holistic" can work, just not in my opinion extreme holistic health, which is what I think you probably meant anyway.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oceanhighz
However, I know personally and from people I am close with doctors will prescribe things that could be replaced with natural ways of handling certain health situations. For example, high blood pressure can be fixed by medication and doctors will prescribe it, but depending on your health, natural supplements can do the same thing, as well as a change in diet. Another example, people with type 2 diabetes who are over weight can avoid taking medication (in certain situations) by changing diet and losing the excess weight.
Agreed, sometimes there are alternatives, but if you ask your dr. he'll tell you, I get furious when people say don't listen to ur dr. or that there's a "natural" cure for everything. Children die every day because of such balderdash.

No, reading at home doesn't make you a doctor. I may now know everything about 20AWG magnet wire now, doesn't make me an engineer or motor builder.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:42 PM
Tech Champion

Well guys, all I meant was that even when the doctor diagnoses you with a condition and prescribes medication, it's up to you to decide which route to take, holistic or drugs.... I prefer holistic in most cases.....
Old 01-22-2013, 05:44 PM
Tech Champion

I doubt that the doctor will prescribe anything for Rc Racing...lol....
Old 01-22-2013, 06:10 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adamska27

No, reading at home doesn't make you a doctor. I may now know everything about 20AWG magnet wire now, doesn't make me an engineer or motor builder.
Same here. If the doc tells me to wrap a bunch of 20awg around my head to cure the voices, I will know what to do. Otherwise, I'm taking the drugs
Old 01-22-2013, 06:29 PM
Tech Champion

Doctors , businessman, what's the difference???
Drugs, nature, BIG DIFFERENCE !!!
Old 01-22-2013, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
Same here. If the doc tells me to wrap a bunch of 20awg around my head to cure the voices, I will know what to do. Otherwise, I'm taking the drugs
Feels GRR-REAT!

Old 01-22-2013, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
I doubt that the doctor will prescribe anything for Rc Racing...lol....
I get beta blockers from my doc. I take one pill and my heart stays at 57 beats per minute all day. No up or downs. I have taken them for years. A musician friend told me about them.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

My drug of choice is a good nights sleep.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I take Ritalin and now I can race without feeling like I'm having a heart attack by the end of the heat. It helps with the Anxiety and ADHD symptoms. For someone who doesn't have ADHD, its just plain dangerous. But I would bet there those who would abuse it just to gain the advantage.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

ATTENTION IN THE PITS! CAN THE 1/8TH SCALE RACERS FROM THE LAST HEAT GET OUT TO TURN MARSHALLL? HELLO? WHERE YOU GUYS AT? WHERE IS THE 1/8TH SCALE DRIVERS FROM THE LAST HEAT?
Old 01-26-2013, 06:38 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dmatter
ATTENTION IN THE PITS! CAN THE 1/8TH SCALE RACERS FROM THE LAST HEAT GET OUT TO TURN MARSHALLL? HELLO? WHERE YOU GUYS AT? WHERE IS THE 1/8TH SCALE DRIVERS FROM THE LAST HEAT?
a guy with a skull as an avatar talking here