Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2001, 08:28 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Will there be a company made transponder mount anywhere on the car? I don't think I noticed one, but I might have missed it.
Old 10-10-2001, 08:30 AM
Regional Moderator

Also, will the production belts be grey like the ones in the pics?
Old 10-10-2001, 10:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The production belts will be grey (a new material that will further help reduce drag in the drive train). As for a transponder mount, I don't know whats planned...
Old 10-10-2001, 11:06 AM
Regional Moderator

I like the grey belts! "Anything different!" thats my motto! Add to it that its done for a purpose, and its all good!
Old 10-10-2001, 11:20 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the 2 belt design looks like the Japanese car ABC where the rear diff has 2 belt....they look very similar...just that ABC is saddle chassis and the new Schumacher has the batt on the side!!
Old 10-10-2001, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Smile

This may have been discussed, but what's the idea behind 2 belts & pulleys on the rear diff? Also, in earlier photos the ESC was mounted behind the motor (near rear wheels) was that just part of the initial testing, and that idea has been ditched???
Old 10-10-2001, 01:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

As I understand it, there is less friction wrapping the belt around the larger diff pulley (and less chance of belt skipping), than running it around the smaller drive pulleys that most (including the A@) TCs use. In other words, the drive train should be more efficient (which seemed to be the main intention of the designers on this entire car)...the new belts, the way the belts run, the straight drive train, etc. The car should be VERY free (free=fast).

Early photos with the ESC behind the motor were of a 'hybred' car that was, for the most part, a A2 with the motor mount flipped over and a prototype chassis and top plate. The current photos are what the designers intended. That hybred car was mearly used for testing some of the innovations out.
Old 10-10-2001, 01:17 PM
Regional Moderator

Geppetto: It still appears to be enough room behind the motor if you wanted to mount a small esc there. I don't' see what the point would be though.
Old 10-10-2001, 03:59 PM
Tech Regular

the new car is looking great...cant wait to get one..I just hope I can get a screw set with it...I hate those wierd philips head screws. I'm guessing the screw set for the A2 should work with it...anyone care to confirm???

Pit_racer...just so you know...Markman and markg are two different guys. The guy on the groundspeed site (markman) runs a TC3..
Old 10-10-2001, 04:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

MarkG, there is going to be a screw kit out for the car. If it will be out at the same time as the car I dont know yet only time will tell. I dont think that the screw kit from the A2 will work, as many of the key parts are not the same and the top plate is counter sunk. This car is looking better and better with each pic, cant wait.
Old 10-10-2001, 08:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Disaster999-The drivetrain is like the ABC's but the cars look nothing alike. For whats its worth we had no idea the ABC car existed when we designed the drivetrain. We thought we were reviving the drivetrain from the orginal Cat back in 1985. AH HAH! ABC is coping us...LOL!

Geppetto-Everting Racer X said is correct. We designed the drivetrain with a lot of cooperation with our belt maufacturer. Our engineers sat down with their engineers and they examined they drivetrains of our competitors. It was a very educational series of meetings. We learned the pluses and minuses of various designs, ideal parameters for best belt performance and much more. The drivetrain on the Mission uses all of the tricks we learned to reduce drag and increase efficiency at all load levels.

You can put the electronics anywhere you want. Its all about what looks right to you. None of us at Schumacher like the idea of putting the ESC behind the motor. The cooler an ESC runs the more efficient it is. FYI, David Spashett and a lot of other top Losi pilots put their ESC's ahead of the motor and mount the Rx on its side against the XXX-S's trans tunnel.

Kevin-We will have a Stainless screw kit right about the same time as the Mission arrives. We are waiting on a final list of screw lengths so we can order the kits from our supplier.

I've been looking at the overhead view of the Mission a lot today. Beyond the fact that I've gotten a lot of positive reports about the speed and grip of the prototypes the Mission just looks right. Its a good looking car! I can't wait to get mine. PW will get a pre-production test car next week but I have to wait until the regular release date for mine!
Old 10-10-2001, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks Markg for clearing that one up.See you guys soon!
Old 10-10-2001, 09:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Wow look Adrian works at Schumacher and he has to wait like the rest of us for the new car lol
Old 10-11-2001, 02:36 AM
Tech Adept

Adrian: what was the reson for moving the battery and motor position on the mission compared to the axis.
Old 10-11-2001, 04:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Darkside: Your question about the transponder mount is what prompted my question. I wondered if the transponder could be mounted behind the motor rather than the ESC. I imagine that the wires could become caught in the spur gear if the ESC were mounted behind the motor. Seems like a perfect place for the transponder unless your crossing the finish line at the same time as another car, and his transponder is mounted up front.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.