Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 09:45 AM
Tech Regular

I found a kit for $40 that has it all. I guess the oversize bit you use for the install is not a problem? Have you tried it on the trans. cases?
Old 02-10-2004, 10:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by DOTMAN
I bought a helicoil kit for $32 that included everything you need.
I gotta ask, what is a helicoil??
Old 02-10-2004, 11:07 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

DaveW Andrew, MikeD, and Craig Xavier are the ones to beat in Modified. Still alot of the same guys that were fast when you went thier are still racing. Those boys in 19 turn where fast to. Stock is now their beginner class and 19 turn is for the big boys and mod is for the insane.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Post helicoil

trackdesigner71
A helicoil is a thread repair insert.IT looks kind of like a spring,if you strip a thread out(4-40) you wolud get that size helicoil to repair it . they are sold in kits which come with thread inserts, tap and instalation tool.They work very good.
Old 02-10-2004, 02:05 PM
Tech Adept

Where can you buy them? A link would be great.
Old 02-10-2004, 03:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah a link would be great cause i would like to put helicoils in most of the areas in my car. I just dont like the composite wearing out when u take the screws in and out. When u drive like me then u need all the help u can get to get the stuff just to stay together!

Srry for the confusion sns820 is asc # 3875 4-40 11/32.

SpeediePHATT a pic would be great. Thanks for all the replies!
Old 02-10-2004, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Kickup

Originally posted by Coxy
How do you achieve negative Kickup (-2) on the front end. Do you put a different block in the front rear or something like that.

Coxy.
Anybody have an idea on this. I would say just use a f+2 on the front rear and f+0 on the front front. But I am only guessing. If anybody knows for sure please post away.

Coxy.
Old 02-10-2004, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Post helicoil link

You can get the helicoils from www.mcmastercarr.com They have an instalation tool for $19.27 #930609001
helicoil 4-40x.168(for hubs)#91732a285
helicoil 4-40X.224(tranny cases) 091732a701
you would still have to get a 4-40 tap.This also requires you to drill the hole slghtly larger (there is an exact size not sure if it )so the helicoil can fit an keep it the 4-40 size.there might be kits with everything but I do not know where to get it. HOPES THIS HELPS
Old 02-10-2004, 05:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Coxy, if you were to try to use the F-2 block in place of the "F" block, the diff case would hit it, then you would have to dremel the block, and some of the case, and it would be more of a pain than what you would want. Personally, I would just use the stock "F" block, and raise it two white Associated .050 washers(for the rear wheelbase adjustment), along with the F-0 front block. This should give you somewhere close to the -2degrees of kick-up.
Old 02-10-2004, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

you have to cut .030 off the f+0 Block and then grind down the bumper to get the -2 degrees. You can add a .030 to the F block in the Front rear but that changes all kinds of things on the car.
Old 02-10-2004, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by mike_Webb
you have to cut .030 off the f+0 Block and then grind down the bumper to get the -2 degrees. You can add a .030 to the F block in the Front rear but that changes all kinds of things on the car.
Thanks Mike I will give it a go.

Coxy.
Old 02-11-2004, 01:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Talking TTT

TTT
Old 02-11-2004, 02:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by DaveW
Back from the Birds... ALOT of competition! I had a horrible glitch issue through all of my practice runs and my first qualifier, with minor occasional hits during the last two qualifiers. It was really hard to get a clean run! I ran Sportsman 19T with the Epic adjustable 19T motor. I qualified 9th in the B main, a family situation caused me to leave early and had a DNS for the main. The track wasnt too technical, but the amount of grip was amazing... over 10,000 collective laps were run on the first day of controlled practice!! You can imagine the rubber on the carpet. In all my years of racing i have never had to set a car up to get RID of traction!! The track began to deteriorate, and by the first day of qualifying, it was hard on TC and REAL hard on 1/12th scale. By my third qualifier, there were pieces of duct tape on parts of the track where the carpet was worn away!! Mind you, this carpet was installed brand new on Sunday, and worn out in a week! At any rate, the TC3 ran well. I broke only twice during practice, one was a front outdrive, the second was a front arm and hingepin. Not bad for so much fender rubbing there!

Proficar403 was in my main as well, he was two seconds ahead of me, and drove very well all weekend! His TC3 center brace pictured earlier in this thread was sweeeet! Ill see ya at TFB soon!! MikeWebb, it was good to meet you man! I didnt get to watch the mains but i hope you did well! Arvin Nano, good to see you again bro, hope to run with ya again next year! Melvin, all i can say is, thank you for all of your help, it was great to pit/race with you again! Just makes me miss racing with ya all the more... Until next year...

- Dave
I was 1 foot from the leader in that B-main too, just waiting for him to mess up. Then, low and behold, my c-hub screw backed out. How nice it feels for an entire week to come down to the car loosing a screw without you even hitting anything. I could see that free fusion battery pack. Oh well, both me and Dave should have been in the feature. One avoided bobble could have put me fifth in the A. I heard Dave got into an unfortunate incident on the straight. I missed all of Dave's qualifiers because he was racing while I had to get my car ready.

I need to become a more "cool customer" at my next big race. How easily 26 lap runs can disappear when your body won't stop shaking . I had a great time.

We also figured out how to get the arcor 19s to run in touring. Gear them so outrageously high that you can smell them from the driver's stand! I have never had so little run time left on a pack after running a 19 turn.

Time to start getting ready for asphalt!
-Arun
Old 02-11-2004, 06:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Wheel eating lower shock mount

Help!!
My rear wheels are eating into the lower shock mount on my TC3. I'm running Jayco double purples on the rear and seem to have plenty of clearance. There doesn't seem to be any excessive play in the wheel bearings or anything. Seems like the wheels are really flexing in the corners. Is there a stronger wheel/tire that I can buy that is similar in traction to the Jayco? Car is a team car which is a little on the heavy side.

Suggestions????

Jack
Old 02-12-2004, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Proficar403: Arun, i was glad to see you do so well for your first big race. The jitters go away man! As far as your screw coming loose, i think i would have to give that screw a slow death by rust "execution"... or at least beat it flat with a hammer and use it as weight for next year!! Its always the simple crap that gets us! As far as the "event" on the straight in my last qualifier, my RPM bumper now shows ALOT of BLUE! Back to the "dyeing board". See ya soon for some hot laps!

- Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.