Community
Wiki Posts
Search

mtx-4 vs vone-RRR

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

How is the plastic better? Less soft, etc.?
Old 04-14-2006, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

The Mugen plastic just plain takes a hit better than the Kyosho. Simple as that. I think it is complete crap that Kyosho still thinks that it is acceptable to include phillips screws in their kits with as much as they charge.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

Would you say the plastic on the RRR is comparable to the HPI R40's plastic? That stuff was a little soft.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

I own the V-ONE RRR World Championship Edition (WCE) and I am very satisfied with it. Being new to the hobby, I found it easy to work on, setup and drive. V1RRR owners have a lot of experience with it, so you can get plenty of good advice and there are plenty of hop-ups to choose from. Despite what anyone may say to the contrary, the WCE is a very durable car. I've only broken a few suspension parts slamming into the side boards. The car has taken quite a number of tumbles with no other problems. As long as you don't drop it from a 10 story tower, it should be fine.

You can't go wrong with a proven winner.

I'm holding off on getting an MTX-4 until the ProSpec version comes out.
Old 04-14-2006, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by huskerfreak
And what is that going to answer? What the top drivers in the world drive. It really don't matter what they drive as there is no camparison to the regular club level race.
You got that straight, but we can still dream, can't we?

According to Team Mugen, the only upgrades to the standard MTX-4 kit are the belts and bearings. Everything else is stock. In their capable hands, the car kicks ass - but I'm sure you could say the same if they were driving the V1RRR WCE for Team Kyosho.

If I saw them drive before I got my car, I probably would have gotten the MTX-4. That's what Team Racers are there for - to sway you toward their company's products. (They did come to our local club championship in March BTW.) But like huskerfreak indicated, I ain't no Swauger, Ishitani or Thomas - yet.

Any regrets? Absolutely not.

You can't go wrong with either car Mike. You will be the determining factor if the car does well or not. It's really the tuning and driving that separates the leaders from the rest of the pack.
Old 04-14-2006, 08:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by factory racer
which one is performing best right now........i have to choose between these two and i dont no which to get ...can people tell me which they prefer and why?

thanks

Mike

They are both very good cars...whatever is supported in your area is what i would recommend...I personally use rrr......
Old 04-14-2006, 08:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Grinder
I have both, and from preliminary testing the RRR has more rear traction. I am hoping the MTX4 was designed with high traction in mind, because in low tracton conditions the RRR is more planted. Although I have not played with the setup on the Mugen. I am comparing box stock to box stock setup on each car. The RRR is tough to break loose on power, whereas the 4 has too much off power and on power steering. I had to use too much rear toe in on the 4 to make it feel like the RRR. Saying this I am sure the 4 will be better during real race conditions ( high traction). No mugen that I have ever owned MTX2,3,4 felt good unless there was a lot of traction. The 4 feels like it is easier to recover than the RRR when really sideways. I think the RRR comes with softer springs than the Mugen too. I think I will like the MTX4 better in time. I already like the design and ease of maintenance better than the RRR. The pleastic is lightyears better than Kyosho.

Alot of people say the plastic is bad......Ill be honest i ahve yet to have any problems with any of the plastic parts of the rrr.....when you screw things into it they dont strip like others i have had in the past...this is the one thing that I havent had a problem with is the plastics...go figure
Old 04-14-2006, 08:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The plastic loosens up after so many runs. Free play increases in the arms.
The irony is the car still handles sweet. I can't tell a difference in performance.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

Default HA HA

OUT OF THE BOX look what site were on 3r not any other we all for various reasons made a good decision i had trinity reflex,r40 & mongoose this for me beats all nothing against mugen i like all those guys but the car is good too but i like challenges so hence all the different cars mugen needs competition or theyll get bored now thats just my opinion nothing to it love the car
Old 04-14-2006, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

When I chose between the two, Kyosho always came out with a new car almost every two years, whichs makes my old kit soon be discontinued. So I waited till the new mugen came out and bought the car that I knew will take very long time before they came up with a new one. Both are very highly competetive car and that depends on the set-up to handle better at the track. Some racers will tell you that get the one that your local hobby shop will support the most, because when you break parts, you'll easily get it from your LHS. And also you need to consider what most racers used on your local racetrack so you can get some information for a good set-up for the car. Both cars also have alot of hop-ups parts from different manufacturers like skyline, kawahara, 3racing...etc. Some are pricey to get than others, so choose what you can spend and what your wallet can afford. For me, both are great cars. I got an MTX4 'cause there are alot of mugen sponsored drivers in my area that I get some set-up information and support. So visit your local racetrack and hobby shop and do some obsrevation before you buy. I hope this helps on choosing between the two.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Freelance knew the car pretty well, he even win races while driving the car sideways Go MTX 4 !

Last edited by Team Kamikaze; 04-15-2006 at 10:38 PM.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:11 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Grinder
I have both, and from preliminary testing the RRR has more rear traction. I am hoping the MTX4 was designed with high traction in mind, because in low tracton conditions the RRR is more planted. Although I have not played with the setup on the Mugen. I am comparing box stock to box stock setup on each car. The RRR is tough to break loose on power, whereas the 4 has too much off power and on power steering. I had to use too much rear toe in on the 4 to make it feel like the RRR. Saying this I am sure the 4 will be better during real race conditions ( high traction). No mugen that I have ever owned MTX2,3,4 felt good unless there was a lot of traction. The 4 feels like it is easier to recover than the RRR when really sideways. I think the RRR comes with softer springs than the Mugen too. I think I will like the MTX4 better in time. I already like the design and ease of maintenance better than the RRR. The pleastic is lightyears better than Kyosho.
VIVA MTX4

Durability is Mugen's Quality.

Not to mentioned RRR problems with spur gear. However, in reality RRR still dominate the winner circle.
Old 04-15-2006, 04:25 AM
Tech Elite

both are good car ...difficult to chosse from thru but do some reseach what your LHS carry..parts are important as you sure need them. Owning a car which does not have parts support in your LHS is a nightmare . And ofcourse, my choice is clear to you
Old 04-15-2006, 04:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

After running the 4 for most of the state race seaon, I've found that the 4 is good, but can be better. I've recut all the carbon fiber peices and found a couple areas that it realy helped the car. I have my car so planted now, in loose and high bite conditions. But I hadn't driven the RRR to compair it to.
Old 04-15-2006, 06:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Thumbs up

First choice RRR WC & second choice MTX-4 bottom line both cars are well made.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.