R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   mtx-4 vs vone-RRR (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/94199-mtx-4-vs-vone-rrr.html)

factory racer 12-17-2005 12:36 PM

mtx-4 vs vone-RRR

which one is performing best right now........i have to choose between these two and i dont no which to get ...can people tell me which they prefer and why?

thanks

Mike

ogreasurada 12-17-2005 01:05 PM

If you want to know the answer then I guess you will have to wait till 2006 IFMAR. :sweat:

huskerfreak 12-17-2005 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by ogreasurada
If you want to know the answer then I guess you will have to wait till 2006 IFMAR. :sweat:

And what is that going to answer? What the top drivers in the world drive. It really don't matter what they drive as there is no camparison to the regular club level racer.

The best way to answer this would be go with what your LHS stocks the most parts of and what most the racers race as it makes it easier on race day for setup tips to share along sharing parts if need be.

If it is about even on the answers to that, than go with what you think is cool. I would never base what pro racers race to what you should get for yourself because 90% of the time half the stuff on there car is not available to the public. If you can get the talent of Cyrul with the Kyosho or the talent of Swauger with the Mugen than go with those cars.

The Jrxs is the perfect example as all the pro losi drivers drive cars that us the regular comsumer cannot purchase.

Osiris 12-17-2005 06:36 PM

I know I'm just a rookie, but if you are looking now then Kyosho would be the choice because of championships. The MTX-4 still has something to prove. However, it is the newest car out now so Mugen made improvents on the MTX-3. In my opinion you can't go wrong. Or just like in my case get both.. :sneaky:

ogreasurada 12-17-2005 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Osiris
Or just like in my case get both.. :sneaky:

I'm so JEALOUS!~ :eek:

factory racer 12-17-2005 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by huskerfreak
And what is that going to answer? What the top drivers in the world drive. It really don't matter what they drive as there is no camparison to the regular club level racer.

The best way to answer this would be go with what your LHS stocks the most parts of and what most the racers race as it makes it easier on race day for setup tips to share along sharing parts if need be.

If it is about even on the answers to that, than go with what you think is cool. I would never base what pro racers race to what you should get for yourself because 90% of the time half the stuff on there car is not available to the public. If you can get the talent of Cyrul with the Kyosho or the talent of Swauger with the Mugen than go with those cars.

The Jrxs is the perfect example as all the pro losi drivers drive cars that us the regular comsumer cannot purchase.

i no exactly what you mean man....thats so true thanks......and Osiris ....why would u need two...hahahhah unless you got money to burn......there is not point......?? i dont get it

CHUCKMANDO 12-18-2005 07:25 AM

2 highly competitave cars. It comes down to personel preferences. You ask Kyosho drivers, they say RRR. Ask a mugen driver they will say MTX4. Best suggestion is to go with the car u can get parts for more easily. I had the mtx3 and I have the RRR. On a short track I still think my tc3 is better, lol. All the top cars are competitve and it is up to the driver and luck.

fritzD 12-18-2005 07:31 AM

I prefer the V-one RRR because im used to K cars but i think that the MTX4 is equally comptitive. The V-one RRR though is the CHamp! :D

Osiris 12-18-2005 05:06 PM

Well, I was actually torn between both as well. So I said what the heck! I figured get both, and whicever one I like the best, that will be the line of cars I would continue to purchase in the future. The only problem is, I still don't know which one I like the best. :flaming:

I have one for stock and one for modified..

ogreasurada 12-18-2005 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Osiris
I have one for stock and one for modified..

That maybe why you cant tell which one u like more yet. :sweat:

Grinder 12-19-2005 04:06 AM

I have both, and from preliminary testing the RRR has more rear traction. I am hoping the MTX4 was designed with high traction in mind, because in low tracton conditions the RRR is more planted. Although I have not played with the setup on the Mugen. I am comparing box stock to box stock setup on each car. The RRR is tough to break loose on power, whereas the 4 has too much off power and on power steering. I had to use too much rear toe in on the 4 to make it feel like the RRR. Saying this I am sure the 4 will be better during real race conditions ( high traction). No mugen that I have ever owned MTX2,3,4 felt good unless there was a lot of traction. The 4 feels like it is easier to recover than the RRR when really sideways. I think the RRR comes with softer springs than the Mugen too. I think I will like the MTX4 better in time. I already like the design and ease of maintenance better than the RRR. The pleastic is lightyears better than Kyosho. :tire: :tire: :tire:

Osiris 12-19-2005 08:48 AM

Yes, I agree!!

Xyvern 12-19-2005 09:19 AM

The pleastic is lightyears better than Kyosho.

Just wondering if this is the reason that MTX-4 costs over $400 :eek:

ogreasurada 12-19-2005 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Xyvern
The pleastic is lightyears better than Kyosho.

Just wondering if this is the reason that MTX-4 costs over $400 :eek:

When RRR(regular version) just came out it costed over $400 as well. :sweat:

Osiris 12-22-2005 11:43 AM

Yep, as long as demand is high, the price will be high!!